Photo

Will you get Google Fiber Internet when it come to you

43 replies to this topic
Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:03 AM Edited by Vlynor, 22 February 2014 - 07:04 AM.

Hey, Google,

I live in a pretty close area with 7 million people. 14 million in an 80 mile strip. Want to hook me the f*ck up?

Thanks,

Vlynor.

• 018361, Th3MaN1 and Lil ski like this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Is Google Fibre coming to Canada? If not, I won't be.

This. I would love to have something that doesn't require the lines that Rogers and Bell own. I am currently with Tech Savvy. The speed is 28mbps and a 300 gig cap for 47 bucks a month, but they still use Rogers' lines. So slow downs happen a lot.

Ugh, I only WISH it was coming here dude, You can't possibly Understand how f*cking retarded Shaw gets with their bullsh*t.

They do this thing, Where they'll make you pay in advanced to use the Service, Should you not pay, They'll shut your sh*t off, Despite the fact you already payed for the month of what you used.

Let's not Forget to mention the Random shutting sh*t down for the simplest and most retarded of Reasons.

Just be glad you have to deal with Bell and Rogers.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

We don't have Shaw internet here. But I think Rogers is worst. When I was with them, I had a 5mbps connection with a 50gb cap. This was a 40 dollar plan as well. Oh and every time gb you went over, it was 5 bucks. I went over the limit a lot. Thankfully the most they would force you to pay was $50 over what you are suppose to be paying but it was still ass. Hell around that time, their fastest speed was 25mbps with a 90gb cap for 90 bucks a month. f*ck them

Bell was slightly better, and you could increase your cap with an additional $5 per 20gb per month. And the caps were slightly higher at the time. Still remember though, that the guy who came to install it f*cked up the DLS, that would cause it to disconnect every time someone would call. 

Mind you, this is old, it's been two years since I switched to tech savvy, but I still wouldn't go back to them if I had a choice.

• Killerdude8 likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I'll probably be dead by the time Google Fiber gets here, so no.

True :(

I'm afraid I am already buried for over 20 years before we can gain that speed. The maximum here alone is just 100mbps in the capital and the internet is sluggish in other towns, just reaching 5mbps and below.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Good Jesus! Gigabits??!!
Hell I wish I had that. No more lagging with my cheap ass comcast connection and getting my ass kicked in COD all the time!

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I would ditch Comcast so quick if Google Fiber came to my area, but I live in a very rural area, so it will probably be 20 more years until I see fiber.

Fu11Force
  • Fu11Force

Corrupt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

I know Google Fibre offers fast download speeds, but what about those websites that have restricted download speed such as DepositFiles?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I know Google Fibre offers fast download speeds, but what about those websites that have restricted download speed such as DepositFiles?

If the website throttles the speed, you probably won't be able to download it any faster.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

If the website throttles the speed, you probably won't be able to download it any faster.

Ehh I hardly download from them anyways. As long as I can download 5 good full 30 min 'orno flicks all at the same time, 10 seconds or less I'm good (yes I am a paid subscriber :pp)

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

I give it a good 10 years before we get it here.

We've only just been set up for BT Infinity.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Ehh I hardly download from them anyways. As long as I can download 5 good full 30 min 'orno flicks all at the same time, 10 seconds or less I'm good (yes I am a paid subscriber :pp)

There are cheaper alternatives. Probably faster ones, too.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Wow, nice to see Google step up to the plate.

Eventually this'll come to most major cities if it actually manages to propel decently within its first few months of service. It's Google though, so it'd be difficult to undermine their creditability, especially when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I hope this comes to the Philadelphia area soon though. I'm using Comcast (which is like the norm here in my area, and the fastest) at the moment and while it's decent most of the time it can slow down significantly when a lot of devices are on the same network in my house, hindering download speeds, loading times etc noticeably. It sure as hell isn't on par with other internet service providers in the world. We're in such a technologically advanced country but our ISP's are behind. Like I said, glad to see Google are stepping up to the plate.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

I will use any fibre that comes to me...I can't get any

GIVE ME FIBRE SOMEBODY

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by Forty, 24 February 2014 - 04:15 AM.

I live in Austin and we expect Fiber to be available by summer.

I may not need it, however, as my fiance is about to be converted to full time by AT&T and we'll get half off all their services (including their GigaPower sh*t which is the same thing). Way cheaper, even with Google being a good deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users