Forced/Over Acted scenes

136 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

stretch and the triad boss being the main antagonists.

I couldn't even remember what stretch looked like and i even don't remember the triad boss's name.

another forced scene is sending micheal to kill stretch, and Franklin to kill the triad guy. micheal doesn't even know stretch, and Franklin doesn't even know the triad guy

Stretch doesn't know who Michael is, so he won't cause suspicion when he gets near him. Same with Wei Cheng, he knows very well Mike and T but doesn't know sh*t about Franklin, so if he goes near where he is he's not going to think he's there to kill him.

Michael himself tells Franklin "No relatives" or something like that

The problem is, how would Michael kill Stretch if he didn't even know what he looked like? In fact, there were 2 or 3 guys in the group he was hanging with that looked exactly like him (which makes it very hard to obtain the sub achievement for meleeing him to death). And Franklin also didn't know what Wei Cheng looked like (nor did Trevor, for that matter).

whats to say lester didnt send a pic to mike's phone showing a picture of stretch

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Game over.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 25 February 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Without making much of a "stretch" they could have easily received intel from Lester since he was telling them their locations...it's a freaking video game boys and girls...not a documentary

According to GTA Wiki that scene was made up on the spot, as Stephen Ogg genuinely tripped over the fence and decided to improvise from there.

Really? What mission was that? 

Fresh Meat

Newsflash...this scene was NOT improvised.  Wiki is full of sh*t

So it's just a coincidence that about 10 different reliable websites report that it was improvised, and it's also a coincidence that they're both hiding smiles throughout the cutscene? I mean, look at Trevor at 0:51.

drunkenMUNKEY78
  • drunkenMUNKEY78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

According to GTA Wiki that scene was made up on the spot, as Stephen Ogg genuinely tripped over the fence and decided to improvise from there.

Fresh Meat

Thanks. Lol you can even hear the background noise they forgot to edit out. 

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by BrokenLizard, 26 February 2014 - 05:13 AM.

"Oh, my N-word!"
Wtf man, that's horrible. He couldn't have said NIGGGA? That scene would have actually been funny.
And notice, that's the only time (pretty sure) that Franklin has cracked a smile and/or laughed the whole f*cking game.
I remember thinking that when I first watched that cutscene.
  • nobum62 likes this

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

The only moment that seemed out of place was when Michael and Franklin were celebrating the jewelry heist at the very beginning of the "Mr. Phillips" when Franklin was ecstatic that they were getting "fifty cents on the dollar" for the jewelry. 

To be honest, the whole Michael-Franklin becoming quick buddies thing felt really rushed and unrealistic.

I mean just watch (0:38 - 1:04)

I would imagine pulling off a jewelery heist and surviving would bring people closer. That scene makes sense to me they're just celebrating after a job well done it's not like they were on their way to the tattoo parlor to get their names inked on eachother

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

stretch and the triad boss being the main antagonists.

I couldn't even remember what stretch looked like and i even don't remember the triad boss's name.

another forced scene is sending micheal to kill stretch, and Franklin to kill the triad guy. micheal doesn't even know stretch, and Franklin doesn't even know the triad guy

Stretch doesn't know who Michael is, so he won't cause suspicion when he gets near him. Same with Wei Cheng, he knows very well Mike and T but doesn't know sh*t about Franklin, so if he goes near where he is he's not going to think he's there to kill him.

Michael himself tells Franklin "No relatives" or something like that

The problem is, how would Michael kill Stretch if he didn't even know what he looked like? In fact, there were 2 or 3 guys in the group he was hanging with that looked exactly like him (which makes it very hard to obtain the sub achievement for meleeing him to death). And Franklin also didn't know what Wei Cheng looked like (nor did Trevor, for that matter).

whats to say lester didnt send a pic to mike's phone showing a picture of stretch

Probably the fact that Lester didn't send him a pic of Stretch.

"Oh, my N-word!" 
Wtf man, that's horrible. He couldn't have said NIGGGA? That scene would have actually been funny. 
And notice, that's the only time (pretty sure) that Franklin has cracked a smile and/or laughed the whole f*cking game.
I remember thinking that when I first watched that cutscene. 

In fact, it's one of two times. He also laughs when taking Lamar home after rescuing him.

phillipshead
  • phillipshead

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Without making much of a "stretch" they could have easily received intel from Lester since he was telling them their locations...it's a freaking video game boys and girls...not a documentary

Fresh Meat

Newsflash...this scene was NOT improvised.  Wiki is full of sh*t

So it's just a coincidence that about 10 different reliable websites report that it was improvised, and it's also a coincidence that they're both hiding smiles throughout the cutscene? I mean, look at Trevor at 0:51.

not improvised. 

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Sup cracker

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just generally everything Michael says towards the end of the campagn. He becomes less of a hardened criminal and more of an over the top cheesey family man.

• Official General and Witchking Of Angmar like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

not improvised. 

And how is that? Because of your say so?

• Vec likes this

phillipshead
  • phillipshead

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:36 PM Edited by phillipshead, 27 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

no. because it isn't.  besides, my word is just as good as wiki's.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 27 February 2014 - 08:53 PM.

no. because it isn't.  besides, my word is just as good as wiki's.

You should know that the wikis aren't the only sites which confirmed that.

Give me ONE site which actually confirms that it wasn't improvised. I dare you.

I DARE YOU.

• PhilosophicalZebra and Vec like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Just generally everything Michael says towards the end of the campagn. He becomes less of a hardened criminal and more of an over the top cheesey family man.

As much as I liked Michael, I gotta admit that's kinda how I began to see him later on in the game. 

• SCOOBASTEEB likes this

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

All the cutscenes in GTA Online are lacking realism, especially when you play as a woman. Lamar is a creeper.

And just for the record, I only made a female character so I could buy the panties and dresses in the limited Valentine's Day Special pack.

Nvm... that didn't make it any better.

phillipshead
  • phillipshead

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

Yes...I see the errors of my ways now.  In fact I read somewhere that there was no script at all.  The entire game was improvised. 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Yes...I see the errors of my ways now.  In fact I read somewhere that there was no script at all.  The entire game was improvised. 

You really don't know how the world works don't you? 

The sites got their info from either:

A) The developers

B) The actors

So, either provide your source or GTFO. 

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

And just for the record, I only made a female character so I could buy the panties and dresses in the limited Valentine's Day Special pack.

the blue one especially

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Every single scene with Stephen Ogg in was overacted. But that was kind of the point. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users