Forced/Over Acted scenes

136 replies to this topic
siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

It has to be Franklin laughing silly at trevor tripping over the fence,unless it was intended to be silly.

Share yours

• Loxley likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

single file line str8 out the do'

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

According to GTA Wiki that scene was made up on the spot, as Stephen Ogg genuinely tripped over the fence and decided to improvise from there.
  • Bull12345Bull, Xx-ADITYA-xX, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 8

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

The dialogue at the end of the Jewelry Heist when driving to Lester. It makes me cringe every time.

"Ha man!"

• universetwisters likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Franklin tripping over the fence was improvised. Meaning it wasn't intended to happen. Look:

- In the mission "Fresh Meat", the opening cutscene was almost entirely improvised by the two main actors (Steven Ogg as Trevor and Shawn Fonteno as Franklin). During motion-capture, Ogg tripped over an obstacle and Fonteno broke out laughing. Upon standing up, Ogg started to yell at Fonteno (in character) and the scene was kept in-game.

5180.jpg

The one scene that felt forced is the scene in the mission "Meltdown" where Jimmy is in the limo. It's like he was forced to say those lines.

• epoxi, lol232, Bull12345Bull and 6 others like this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

single file line str8 out the do'

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

In "Friend Request" when Michael leaves the offices and rambles on about "Classic Vinewood" sounded pretty damn forced.

And yeah, the Jewelry Store heist at the end made me cringe too.
  • stjimmy3 likes this

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

The one scene that felt forced is the scene in the mission "Meltdown" where Jimmy is in the limo. It's like he was forced to say those lines.

Couldn't agree more. I skipped it in my every later playthrough.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Any time Jimmy opens his mouth I think about shoving a grenade In there... Just sayin.

• TJGM, Loxley, Witchking Of Angmar and 4 others like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

any scene with Lamar in it

• universetwisters likes this

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

If there's one person that deserved the award for best voice acting in a gta game,it'd be lamar.

You need to play the game again

• epoxi, GutterMouthPWG, tom_p1980 and 14 others like this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 8

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I respectfully disagree. Whether or not you like Lamar, his performance was definitely one of the most natural and believable in the game (aside from the over-usage of nigga).

• epoxi, tom_p1980, Bull12345Bull and 6 others like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I respectfully disagree. Whether or not you like Lamar, his performance was definitely one of the most natural and believable in the game (aside from the over-usage of nigga).

Said over use is very believable. 

• SonofLosSantos likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Lamar was my favorite character in the game, along with Franklin. It was like how C.J. and Ryder were in the beginning of SA.

• Th3MaN1, KING2dor and theGTAking101 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

According to GTA Wiki that scene was made up on the spot, as Stephen Ogg genuinely tripped over the fence and decided to improvise from there.

Where did they get it from? I read it on GTA wiki and on IMDB but I couldn't find any other place where that is said.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by Loxley, 20 February 2014 - 12:24 AM.

I thought the ending where Trevor died was really overacted and completely went against his character. On the flip side I think the ending where you kill Mike is very emotional and feels real. Acting was great for that ending, haven't played the other ending though, seems too much like a cop out for people who whine about a protag getting killed for my tastes.

• ten-a-penny and Yogogamer like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

The only bit of dialogue I remember thinking "Eurgh" to was the one where Michael spoke about the Vinewood movies. There might have been others for me, but in general, the dialogue really worked for me apart from the aforementioned one which really stuck in my mind as being noticeably bad. 

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Cousin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Anything involving Tracey in my opinion, I cringe every time she talks.

• tom_p1980, theGTAking101 and mariana_dm1989 like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Everything involving Trevor

• saintsrow likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Michael's dialogue when entering the house..

DADDY'S BACK BITCHES... come on Ned.

• SCOOBASTEEB and thatGuyyy like this

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

What was so bad about the movie talk?

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

All but one, the c ending after scene
  • Anzand17 likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by Fallcreek, 20 February 2014 - 02:55 AM.

Generally the way Michael talks, it doesn't really feel authentic. I mean take the dialogue after Michael beats the sh*t out of that stalker in 'Doting Dad'. "I love you, baby", like WHAT!? Get outta here Ned ..or maybe it's supposed to be like that since Michael is a movie enthusiast. I don't know lol

Here, just take a look at this video, skip to 5:22

I mean, Ned Luke is a f*cking awesome actor, but whoever wrote these scripts? Needs to be shot imo lol.

• saintsrow likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Game over.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 20 February 2014 - 03:04 AM.

The way Michael says "I love you". No matter who he says it to, it always sounds weird for some reason.

Ah luuuuvv yuhh.

Where did they get it from? I read it on GTA wiki and on IMDB but I couldn't find any other place where that is said.

Well, either way you can kinda tell. Fonteno seems kind of stumped on what to say throughout, not to mention that they're both trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to hold back smiles the whole time.

Edit: Just watched the cutscene again and some of what Trevor says doesn't even make sense. "You're not long for this world." Does that make sense? I might be wrong, but that doesn't seem to be proper English.

• Fallcreek likes this

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by Cicero The Great, 20 February 2014 - 03:06 AM.

@fallcreek

He's in a presidential suite in Dubai in this moment, just for the record....
And Justin Bieber has more followers than the pope

Welcome to 21st century.....

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by shiek, 20 February 2014 - 03:08 AM.

I thought the ending where Trevor died was really overacted and completely went against his character. On the flip side I think the ending where you kill Mike is very emotional and feels real. Acting was great for that ending, haven't played the other ending though, seems too much like a cop out for people who whine about a protag getting killed for my tastes.

Thank you for pointing this out, I mean after all wasn't Trevor supposed to be a Psychopath If I'm not mistaken Psychopaths lack fear, so doubt he would of 'acted like a girl'.

I am Into human psychology so I would know.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:07 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 20 February 2014 - 05:10 AM.

Thank you for pointing this out, I mean after all wasn't Trevor supposed to be a Psychopath If I'm not mistaken Psychopaths lack fear, so doubt he would of 'acted like a girl'.

I am Into human psychology so I would know.

Yea it made no sense. During the prologue Trevor went against an entire police force and refused to run away. But now he's all the sudden scared one armed thug. If he was in character in ending "A", he would have charged towards F out of pure rage, regardless of being armed or not

Debra and Floyd pulled a gun and knife on him and he killed them both despite being unarmed

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

I just wanna die with something that matters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

The way Michael says "I love you". No matter who he says it to, it always sounds weird for some reason.

Ah luuuuvv yuhh.

Well, either way you can kinda tell. Fonteno seems kind of stumped on what to say throughout, not to mention that they're both trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to hold back smiles the whole time.

Edit: Just watched the cutscene again and some of what Trevor says doesn't even make sense. "You're not long for this world." Does that make sense? I might be wrong, but that doesn't seem to be proper English.

well, I mean, I thought it made sense. he was saying that franklin wouldn't live very long if he continued to act the way he did. maybe I'm the only one that didn't see anything wrong with that line...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned when just before the big score in the strip club office Lester, Michael and Trevor in sync saying "the big one".

I don't know if you'd call it forced/over acting, but it made me cringe so much my cringe was cringing.
  • Choco Taco and JayWeazel like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

When Trevor killed Johnny. So forced... obviously for shock value.
  • Choco Taco likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned when just before the big score in the strip club office Lester, Michael and Trevor in sync saying "the big one".

I don't know if you'd call it forced/over acting, but it made me cringe so much my cringe was cringing.

or on 'The Long Stretch" when Lamar and Stretch say "Business!"

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

The only moment that seemed out of place was when Michael and Franklin were celebrating the jewelry heist at the very beginning of the "Mr. Phillips" when Franklin was ecstatic that they were getting "fifty cents on the dollar" for the jewelry. 

To be honest, the whole Michael-Franklin becoming quick buddies thing felt really rushed and unrealistic.

I mean just watch (0:38 - 1:04)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users