» «
Photo

i cant help to feel people hate on V cause it wasn't hood focused

134 replies to this topic
Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 19 February 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Not one person will tell you that they don't want more activities, but they don't have to be gang activities. More freedom to rob, illegal smuggling, high profile street races etc.. those could bring in money and be fun without having anything to do with the hood.

Any extras are good.

Bring in money? pff... i see 10k on the floor and i dont even bother picking it up, i have around 2 billions.. the stock market made the grinding of money useless.

And you cannot spend it in that many things, i mean cars and all that, perfect, properties i guess, but buying houses really would have been nice.

I know, one way or another money will become obsolete at one point in the game. But since he was ranting so much about how Franklin  could have earned a lot of money in the hood, I offered some alternatives focused on getting money.

Personally, I don't give a damn about money, just want to have a damn trucking game in GTA. Nothing more.

• DFur4M likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

again

Franklin didnt want the hood life which is why he teamed up with Michael

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

"the hood"

lol

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

It gets hate because it isn't exactly like the last game. It has been a trend ever since IV got hate for not being SA pt 2.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

Yea this stupid opinion and thread isn't irritating. You're such an expert, you should become an analyst or something.

Cforumlbgfeva
  • Cforumlbgfeva

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

I wish it was hood focussed. That's not the point. The point is. V lacked *freedom*. You get wanted too easily. Trophies and acheivements have litterally killed single player in games these days. I don't care how long it takes me to pass a mission. I'm playing to have fun lol. I prefer to shoot up ballas than sucking the FIB. f*ck the FIB

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

We want CJ back on the set!

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:01 AM Edited by redx165, 20 February 2014 - 06:02 AM.

you get so many people that whine about it not having a hood focus or hood atmosphere...even though that wasn't what R* was aiming for...irritating to say the least..

I'm not mad there's no hood sh*t. I'm mad you can't do nothing with them. 

I mean look at this:

If they would of made East Los Santos a bit bigger and have Franklin recruit some people ( Seeing they respect him ) would easier create gameplay. It would also be fun to take over gang territories. This creates gameplay and even though some didn't like it there were many that did. That's why San Andreas was loved so much. There's gameplay for EVERYONE in there.

Like Cheats? Gameplay

Like Gambling? Gameplay

Like Role Playing? Gameplay

Like Flying? Gameplay

Like Swiming? Gameplay ( First GTA we could swim in )

Like Driving? Gameplay

Like starting random fights? Gameplay

Like having Gangs vs Gangs? Gameplay

Like Gangs vs Cops? Gameplay

Like customizing? Gameplay

Like exploring? Gameplay

and etc..

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas has the most sh*t in it out of all the GTAs. 

• Official General likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

The only person I see how complains about not having gang wars in V is Official General, TBH.

second this.

seriously guys. I'm sorry for you not having your precious "gta sa 2.0" :p

every GTA game is special in its own. GTA V =/= GTA SA 2.0.

f*cking learn it already....

• John Smith likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

Of all the greenrock threads, this one is the best. You have a point, greenrock.

^And who actually "tags" anything anymore? If you wanna talk sh*t you do it on twitter. Times are a changin'. Get used to it. 

People tag a lot still... trustme, the amount of norteno tags in this area where I live is pretty amazing, especiallt since they are getting painted over and yet more come up in their place...

Anyway I like gta v but its too short and for the people who say its realisitc, the gangs aren't.... nor are the aliens, minigun, regenerating health, etc... the majotity of the people who complain about the hood stuff are the people who pretend to be bikers or mafia who have a false sense of belief that both of those are somehow more cultured than black or mexican gangs despite the fact that a lot of bikers do crystal and meth and heroin aswell as the fact they are pretty much slobs and how the mafia betrays its own, and does much of the same except with coke and alcohol instead...

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Of all the greenrock threads, this one is the best. You have a point, greenrock.

^And who actually "tags" anything anymore? If you wanna talk sh*t you do it on twitter. Times are a changin'. Get used to it. 

People tag a lot still... trustme, the amount of norteno tags in this area where I live is pretty amazing, especiallt since they are getting painted over and yet more come up in their place...

Anyway I like gta v but its too short and for the people who say its realisitc, the gangs aren't.... nor are the aliens, minigun, regenerating health, etc... the majotity of the people who complain about the hood stuff are the people who pretend to be bikers or mafia who have a false sense of belief that both of those are somehow more cultured than black or mexican gangs despite the fact that a lot of bikers do crystal and meth and heroin aswell as the fact they are pretty much slobs and how the mafia betrays its own, and does much of the same except with coke and alcohol instead...

Its a game, it can be realistic to a certain point. Otherwise we would get 1 shot and die. Guns? it would be a bit boring to go around using a pistol 90% of the time. You start killing a few persons and you the police wont let you get away. You dont get out of the hospital after getting a million bullets on your head, or after falling out of a plane without a parachute.

It is good that it is realistic, but of course it has to be to a point. People like that it is a game, i love blowing the head out of a pedestrian as much as the next crazy player who has this game, but we dont go around doing it IRL because we know its a game and thats what makes it fun.

So... realistic is good, but it will never get too real, and that is good.

• John Smith and ten-a-penny like this

ťaťa
  • ťaťa

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:05 PM Edited by sibs44, 20 February 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Well where I'm from (Chicago), they all take it to twitter now.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Well where I'm from (Chicago), they all take it to twitter now.
I'm in northern cali. Its a warzone out here.... always has been... only people who bang on twitter are some of the young Bs and Cs or Skraps... everyone else slick about they sh*t
  • SmoothGetaway likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

people only want hood stuff in gta it seems

It doesn't seem like that at all. Some people do. Most of the complaints I've read have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

people only want hood stuff in gta it seems

It doesn't seem like that at all. Some people do. Most of the complaints I've read have absolutely nothing to do with that.
the complaints are more about car movement etc than gangs...

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

"irritating to say the least" is pretty much what I say to your massive amount of threads.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Now many people here will now how I was originally against the whole re-doing the whole ghetto hood storyline, but in all seriousness, I wish there was more in GTAV, Franklin feels out of place as soon as he gets his Mansion, it just felt too forced, you do ONE mission for Lester and suddenly "OH, here's a mansion, thanks for helping!" and anything Families related is just held off, it feels like a massive chunk is missing from the story, it gets set up in "The Long Stretch" and suddenly a long ass break of doing nothing right up to near the end of the game when you get "Lamarr Down" and SUDDENLY it becomes crucial enough to be included as a part of Franklins last mission, of course, only if you do Option C, if you don't, then that sh*t just gets left nowhere!

• Ss4gogeta0 and Ermac like this

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

No people hate GTA V because its boring as phuck, SP
Is pointless after you beat the main storyline
  • KING2dor likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by Official General, 21 February 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Now many people here will now how I was originally against the whole re-doing the whole ghetto hood storyline, but in all seriousness, I wish there was more in GTAV, Franklin feels out of place as soon as he gets his Mansion, it just felt too forced, you do ONE mission for Lester and suddenly "OH, here's a mansion, thanks for helping!" and anything Families related is just held off, it feels like a massive chunk is missing from the story, it gets set up in "The Long Stretch" and suddenly a long ass break of doing nothing right up to near the end of the game when you get "Lamarr Down" and SUDDENLY it becomes crucial enough to be included as a part of Franklins last mission, of course, only if you do Option C, if you don't, then that sh*t just gets left nowhere!

This  :^:

Thank you, someone neutral who actually understands what the complaints on this are all about. It was never about wanting another SA-remake like certain ignorant minds keep claiming on here, it was about Rockstar being expected to fully deliver on aspect of the game that they clearly implied was gonna play a significant part in the story and gameplay. That aspect was the hood and gangs on Franklin's part, and it was so poorly executed and implemented. No one wanted another SA, they just want Franklin's aspect of the story to have been fully developed and fleshed out, and it was far from that. 

If Rockstar were gonna do the gang and hood aspect in such a sh*t way like they did in V, they were better off not including Franklin as a protagonist altogether. 

• KING2dor likes this

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Okay, a lot of people DID whine that there weren't enough gang sh*t, but I couldn't help but agree with them.

However, I took GTAV for what it was and enjoyed it and everything about it.  Besides, it seemed like the gangs were something they were teasing for DLC, like more heists and sh*t.

Of course, in hindsight, there was a TON of gang sh*t.  Personally, I'm glad they brought back Families, Ballas, Vagos and Aztecas.  After GTAIV I was kind of worried to be perfectly honest.  IV was great but it felt like an abandonment of a lot of cool sh*t that we fans had come to love, and V felt like a return to all that.

The reason it seems like there wasn't a lot of gang sh*t is because the stuff that was in was mostly just a bunch of impersonal shootouts.  Trevor kills some Lost brothers, Franklin kills some Ballas, Michael fends off some of Madrazo's guys, but there was none of that storyline stuff like we got in SA.  There IS, however, a metric f*ckton of gang attacks in Online.  And while I prefer singleplayer, I also enjoy Online so suck it.  I have a '20s limousine, an extra pistol, a broken beer bottle, a Thompson submachine gun, a sh*tty tribal tattoo and a pinstripe suit - what do you have?

But to get back to the gang sh*t, GTAV has something SA never did because it was in the 90s: gang members having f*ck you fights on Lifeinvader.  No, really.  Just go to The Feud's page.  And also a TV show called "Underbelly of Paradise" which is a parody of "Gangland."

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 21 February 2014 - 01:28 AM.

Okay, a lot of people DID whine that there weren't enough gang sh*t, but I couldn't help but agree with them.

However, I took GTAV for what it was and enjoyed it and everything about it.  Besides, it seemed like the gangs were something they were teasing for DLC, like more heists and sh*t.

Of course, in hindsight, there was a TON of gang sh*t.  Personally, I'm glad they brought back Families, Ballas, Vagos and Aztecas.  After GTAIV I was kind of worried to be perfectly honest.  IV was great but it felt like an abandonment of a lot of cool sh*t that we fans had come to love, and V felt like a return to all that.

The reason it seems like there wasn't a lot of gang sh*t is because the stuff that was in was mostly just a bunch of impersonal shootouts.  Trevor kills some Lost brothers, Franklin kills some Ballas, Michael fends off some of Madrazo's guys, but there was none of that storyline stuff like we got in SA.  There IS, however, a metric f*ckton of gang attacks in Online.  And while I prefer singleplayer, I also enjoy Online so suck it.  I have a '20s limousine, an extra pistol, a broken beer bottle, a Thompson submachine gun, a sh*tty tribal tattoo and a pinstripe suit - what do you have?

But to get back to the gang sh*t, GTAV has something SA never did because it was in the 90s: gang members having f*ck you fights on Lifeinvader.  No, really.  Just go to The Feud's page.  And also a TV show called "Underbelly of Paradise" which is a parody of "Gangland."

Lol guess SA didnt have ability to watch TV shows back in 2004 :) okay i think it enough dont want to get a reminder from Mods just because i hurt SA fanboys feelings.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by Ash_735, 21 February 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Trevor kills some Lost brothers, Franklin kills some Ballas, Michael fends off some of Madrazo's guys,

But that's another problem I have, technically if you do all Side Missions, then TREVOR ends up killing MORE Ballas than Franklin. Two out of the three major mission that involve fighting with the Ballas Trevor is there, leaving only The Long Stretch to put Franklin ahead, but then Trevor takes on multiple waves of Ballas in Rampage Four which easily outclass the ones you fight in The Long Stretch.

I just really think ALL stories could have been handled better, but especially Franklin's, like I pointed out, mansion onwards he's just, well, there, the earlier cutscenes with Lamarr and his Aunt and Toya, etc, were much more interesting and felt like properly written stuff compared to the mansion version where he's just, well, not doing much except waiting for missions.

If the story was properly paced, instead of being so one sided with the FIB sh*t, then the last mission, Option C would have had Trevor fighting The Lost MC, Franklin go against the Ballas in a final takedown, and Michael still against the FIB. I mean sh*t, in Mr Phillips, not only does Trevor go against The Lost MC, but there's also one part where he trashes a meth lab owned by the Aztecas, ...and nothing becomes of it. Hell, if they did the gang stuff properly, that there would have been an action packed story, Trevor Vs. The Lost MC and Aztecas, Franklin Vs. Ballas, BUT also helping Trevor against the Aztecas, and then the FIB stuff with Michael as it already is.

edit: And just to point out, that sh*t would have worked, it would have gave Trevor a reason to fight the Ballas with Franklin outside of "oooh he's crazy and likes this" as it would have built up a relationship with Franklin as they'd help each other out with the gangs, sh*t, just think of a mission that could have worked where the Aztecas attack Trevor's airstrip or some sh*t and he calls in Franklin, Lamarr and some Families for help as payback for helping them in the Grove St fight.

• Eutyphro, [ÁT], Official General and 5 others like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

^ And that's why I really believe this game is wasted potential. Let's hope the DLC's are what we need.
  • KING2dor likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:01 PM Edited by Official General, 21 February 2014 - 10:03 PM.

Trevor kills some Lost brothers, Franklin kills some Ballas, Michael fends off some of Madrazo's guys,

But that's another problem I have, technically if you do all Side Missions, then TREVOR ends up killing MORE Ballas than Franklin. Two out of the three major mission that involve fighting with the Ballas Trevor is there, leaving only The Long Stretch to put Franklin ahead, but then Trevor takes on multiple waves of Ballas in Rampage Four which easily outclass the ones you fight in The Long Stretch.

I just really think ALL stories could have been handled better, but especially Franklin's, like I pointed out, mansion onwards he's just, well, there, the earlier cutscenes with Lamarr and his Aunt and Toya, etc, were much more interesting and felt like properly written stuff compared to the mansion version where he's just, well, not doing much except waiting for missions.

If the story was properly paced, instead of being so one sided with the FIB sh*t, then the last mission, Option C would have had Trevor fighting The Lost MC, Franklin go against the Ballas in a final takedown, and Michael still against the FIB. I mean sh*t, in Mr Phillips, not only does Trevor go against The Lost MC, but there's also one part where he trashes a meth lab owned by the Aztecas, ...and nothing becomes of it. Hell, if they did the gang stuff properly, that there would have been an action packed story, Trevor Vs. The Lost MC and Aztecas, Franklin Vs. Ballas, BUT also helping Trevor against the Aztecas, and then the FIB stuff with Michael as it already is.

edit: And just to point out, that sh*t would have worked, it would have gave Trevor a reason to fight the Ballas with Franklin outside of "oooh he's crazy and likes this" as it would have built up a relationship with Franklin as they'd help each other out with the gangs, sh*t, just think of a mission that could have worked where the Aztecas attack Trevor's airstrip or some sh*t and he calls in Franklin, Lamarr and some Families for help as payback for helping them in the Grove St fight.

@ Ash_735

You're on great form ! I totally agree with you on this  :^:

And damn, that one-sided FIB and government bullsh*t nearly ruined the whole story for me. Having to play it out turned out be such a big bore, I just wished it was all over soon enough, only to my find to my horror it was the bulk of the story !

Like the Irish brother above said, only a decent set of DLC can redeem certain aspects of this game.

• KING2dor likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

It has nothing to do with the hood stuff. It has just become a trend lately especially with GTA fans to hate on the latest game while praising the previous games. I never thought IV would get the kind of love it is getting these days. People complained about lack of countryside and the driving in IV. R changed that and we all know the response. Between 2004 and 2008 we saw the rise of hipsterdom and some people just have to be against what is popular and successful. 

Just look at the online forums. Everybody wanted the Ratloader back and now that it is easy to get people are starting to hate on it. GTA has just become too successful and mainstream for some people. IF SA were released today it would get picked apart just the same.

• KING2dor and OneManCrimeWave like this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

I think we're talking about two different things here.

First of all: I'm not saying that having random gang wars with excellent AI engaging all over the ghettos wouldn't be fun. Quite the opposite actually, as I'd personally find it to add even more of an essence of danger and realism, and the opportunities for creating your own cinematic scenarios could possibly be endless. However, I'm not going to stand at the top of a mountain and beat my chest just because the hood wasn't as lively as I had originally expected, given the ghetto only accounts for a tiny proportion of the map. There's plenty to do crime-wise outside of that little area, so it doesn't phase me at all. And who's to say R* didn't possibly want to add any of that stuff, but simply didn't have the wiggle room left to work with, given the already huge scope and content of this game? Who knows, eh.

Second of all (and this is not necessarily aimed at you): my gripe is more with those who keep complaining about Franklin and the story not having more to do with all that stuff, and like I've stated a thousand times; this game was never about that. Sure, the game featured LS, but so did SA, and the whole backbone of that game was centred around that theme; this time it needed to take a backseat, and it did thankfully. Some people just need to be grateful they even got any gang-related missions at all, let alone a protagonist of that nature. But as we all know, entitled brats are never grateful...for anything.

Well I'm glad you see that the option of having these activities would be positive and that it's not so completely outlandish that Franklin might return to doing some street stuff if there was money involved/if Lamar dragged him into it. Some people on this site are so against the option of having more things to do due to their permanent lip suction onto R*'s colon that they will not admit that they've done some sh*t wrong with the game and any changes, even completely logical positive ones, would detract from the flawless masterpiece they think this game is.

On your second part I agree with you completely. I'd like a story centered around the gangs sure, but I'm not upset with it or mad that it didn't feature the gangs more. I'd like to have seen it fleshed out a bit more, not because I want it to be hood focused but for a more complete story. I'm not even mad that the hood is as small as it is, I'm more mad at the f*cking static gang members that stand still as statues and the few that do move around are under no threat to rival gang members since they don't even acknowledge their existence or confront him unless the player provokes something. In SA the gangs would mob around and cross their boundaries and get into fights and shoot outs with each other... how did they downgrade this far on an engine that's so much more advanced than the old one?

• B Dawg and KING2dor like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

@ Ash

Trevor got paid a visit by the Aztecas after he trashes their meth trailer, when he's giving the Chinese a "tour" of TPI. It should have been more than just that though.

Sometimes I wonder if they have delayed some of these missions for DLC to make it feel as though time has passed.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

Uh no, the story was dry as f*ck for a GTA game.

• Papi Chulo likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

you get so many people that whine about it not having a hood focus or hood atmosphere...even though that wasn't what R* was aiming for...irritating to say the least..

Please for the love of god, stop making threads... Stop making threads! Stop making threads!!!

Cforumlbgfeva
  • Cforumlbgfeva

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

This is what's lacking in V as well. Franklin is tooooooo soft. Trevor is tooooooo over the top.

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-screen-shot

• KING2dor likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users