i cant help to feel people hate on V cause it wasn't hood focused

134 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

you get so many people that whine about it not having a hood focus or hood atmosphere...even though that wasn't what R* was aiming for...irritating to say the least..

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

How many threads do you have to make about hood sh*t in GTA V? 

The only person I see how complains about not having gang wars in V is Official General, TBH.

• Eutyphro, lizardman563, Geralt of Rivia and 4 others like this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Welcome back

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:47 PM Edited by greenrock, 19 February 2014 - 02:48 PM.

How many threads do you have to make about hood sh*t in GTA V? 

The only person I see how complains about not having gang wars in V is Official General, TBH.

people only want hood stuff in gta it seems

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Views title --> Reads topic started by, greenrock --> decides to give a look --> proved wrong, again --> greenrock will never change --> exits topic thread, irritated to say the least
  • epoxi, lizardman563, Finn 7 five 11 and 11 others like this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

People aren't mad that it's not hood focused, but people are mad that there's nothing to do there at all. How are you gonna have a crime game set in a fictionalized Los Angeles with highly detailed hoods and have rival gang members that don't even attack each other? How are you gonna have a character that's in a gang and have him end up in some isolated lonely mansion with nothing to do at the end of the game and not tie in his affiliations some way? I don't think people want it to be hood focused completely, but at least give us something with some amount of interaction.. gang wars, recruiting, proper gang AI, tags to spray over, anything.. but instead we got nothing. Just some color coordinated peds that stand still as statues and attack you if you stand right in front of them for two minutes.

• saintsrow, Officer Ronson, KING2dor and 3 others like this

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by sibs44, 19 February 2014 - 03:31 PM.

Of all the greenrock threads, this one is the best. You have a point, greenrock.

^And who actually "tags" anything anymore? If you wanna talk sh*t you do it on twitter. Times are a changin'. Get used to it. 

• 5.7 likes this

Mr. Donkey
  • Mr. Donkey

Dinosaur walker.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, I know right! I hate it when I drop my banana in the bathtu- oh wait... wrong topic.

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

happy theres no gang things anymore... not everything in the crime world is gang related you know..

• John Smith, WorldWideFM and ten-a-penny like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

People aren't mad that it's not hood focused, but people are mad that there's nothing to do there at all. How are you gonna have a crime game set in a fictionalized Los Angeles with highly detailed hoods and have rival gang members that don't even attack each other? How are you gonna have a character that's in a gang and have him end up in some isolated lonely mansion with nothing to do at the end of the game and not tie in his affiliations some way? I don't think people want it to be hood focused completely, but at least give us something with some amount of interaction.. gang wars, recruiting, proper gang AI, tags to spray over, anything.. but instead we got nothing. Just some color coordinated peds that stand still as statues and attack you if you stand right in front of them for two minutes.

^This guy is another fine example of somebody who is struggling to accept that V wasn't a San Andreas sequel, which is why resources were utilised elsewhere and the gangbanger theme took a backseat.

happy theres no gang things anymore... not everything in the crime world is gang related you know..

Unfortunately, some people feel otherwise, and it tends to be the same folks who claim having a corrupt government angle doesn't belong in a GTA game; despite it still being crime at the end of the day, just on a larger, more international scope.

• Pastry and DFur4M like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:48 PM Edited by Zodape, 19 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Well, I supported the hood idea because it seemed like a good way to give more protagonism to Franklin. Since he wanted to quit the hood, we could have gotten something like 10 more storyline missions about Lamar forcing Franklin to do some hood sh*t, maybe drop Trevor there a couple of times, and finally he definetly quits the hood after Lamar Down.

And yes, the hood was not the focus of the game, but we still got 3 missions about it. If we got a few more mixed in the Story Missions bag, the story would remain almost unchanged and it would keep more fans happy, aswell as giving Franklin the protagonism a protagonist deserves.

Sincerely,

A guy that does not care about ganstas n sh*t.

EDIT: of course there are other ways to give more protagonism to Frank, but I think the hood is the most acceptable one, imo.

• KING2dor likes this

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Well, I supported the hood idea because it seemed like a good way to give more protagonism to Franklin. Since he wanted to quit the hood, we could have gotten something like 10 more storyline missions about Lamar forcing Franklin to do some hood sh*t, maybe drop Trevor there a couple of times, and finally he definetly quits the hood after Lamar Down.

And yes, the hood was not the focus of the game, but we still got 3 missions about it. If we got a few more mixed in the Story Missions bag, the story would remain almost unchanged and it would keep more fans happy, aswell as giving Franklin the protagonism a protagonist deserves.

Sincerely,

I wouldnt enjoy a gta gang game, but i would be quite ok with that

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by Lucchese, 19 February 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Sincerely,

EDIT: of course there are other ways to give more protagonism to Frank, but I think the hood is the most acceptable one, imo.

Personally, I think R* shouldn't have even bothered with Franklin in the first place, that way the resources could have been used to give us a more strengthened, structured, and in-depth tale between Michael & Trevor. That way we...

-wouldn't have had people complaining because Franklin's character was so weak, because he wouldn't exist

-wouldn't have had people complaing because we had a gangbanger protag, but not enough missions of that genre

-wouldn't have had people complaining that the story was too short, and not deep enough

However, we would of course have still had the SA fanboys complaining because V was set in Los Santos but didn't have a stereotypical black gangsta protag. But then they complain about everything anyway, so it's a lose-lose situation for R* in regards to those kids fans. All this said, having three diverse protags was great fun, and a great new spin on the series which I felt was pulled off pretty dam well.

• Pastry likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

like Lucchese said, i feel alot of people only thing crime=gangs.. or that only traditional criminal orginizations should be in a gta game..

we never had a corrupt goverment angle before as the center focus, i dont think many people can wrap that around their heads

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Hodgey., 19 February 2014 - 05:05 PM.

I dont think that it is just the fact that it isnt 'hood focused' that people dislike the game.

In my opinion there are a number of factors such as people over hyped it in their own minds, it doesn't have jetpacks, you cant buy houses, it doesn't have CJ etc etc. I agree that it is annoying but this is what happens when a game series is as popular as GTA. You are going to get alot of people complaining over the smallest and stupidist things.

• Pastry likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

It didn't bother me in the least. Besides, I've had more than enough gang sh*t to put up with in my lifetime.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

F R*!

The hood is too small but in the same time it's really boring place to be at. Nothing really happen there except the random police chases and some Ballas try to show Franklin how big c*cks they has. It's really lame that you can't be mugged, someone steal your car or some wacko attack you (weapon or melee) for no reason etc.

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

I think the problem was that GTA wasn't really anything focused. The hood was so nicely mapped out but there wasn't anything to do there. The two hood missions (Hood Safari and the once with stretch) really showed the potential of what R* could've done with the hood but after those to there wasn't anything else. That was the problem for me with GTA V, a lot of the things didn't seem fully fleshed out (like after Franklin started hanging out w/ Michael he totally left his hood behind). 

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

I hated GTA V because it was impossible to know what vehicles would be good and to expensive to soup them all up... The gifted billions days fixed that so i'm happy now.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by greenrock, 19 February 2014 - 05:33 PM.

I think the problem was that GTA wasn't really anything focused. The hood was so nicely mapped out but there wasn't anything to do there. The two hood missions (Hood Safari and the once with stretch) really showed the potential of what R* could've done with the hood but after those to there wasn't anything else. That was the problem for me with GTA V, a lot of the things didn't seem fully fleshed out (like after Franklin started hanging out w/ Michael he totally left his hood behind). 

thats because it wasn't about that.....did you think this was just gonna be another san andreas

see this is what i mean by kids only wanting a san andreas carbon copy

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by [ÁT], 19 February 2014 - 05:53 PM.

^This guy is another fine example of somebody who is struggling to accept that V wasn't a San Andreas sequel, which is why resources were utilised elsewhere and the gangbanger theme took a backseat.

Unfortunately, some people feel otherwise, and it tends to be the same folks who claim having a corrupt government angle doesn't belong in a GTA game; despite it still being crime at the end of the day, just on a larger, more international scope.

I'm not struggling to accept that it's not a San Andreas sequel, I just think that there are features that should have been in the game that weren't. What, should good and entirely relevant criminal activities not be included in the game because they were in previous games? Beat the story and tell me illegal side activities and basic rudimentary gang AI wouldn't improve the game's fun factor and longevity? Or maybe sitting around in a lonely Vinewood mansion and getting into police chases and/or mindless rampages 24/7 really is all that fun to you. Even The Lost and Damned had gang wars, TBoGT had drug wars and they're no San Andreas sequels by any stretch of the imagination. Even for a pseudo-mafiosi GTAForums type you got to admit these activities would at least make the game a little more interesting.

If you're going to have a criminal game set in a place that mimicks Los Angeles and even go as far as having a main character with ties to that lifestyle there is no excuse in excluding activities there because the game is centered around something else. You're telling me a guy willing to get tattoos of his gang, wear the colors and even antagonize rival gang members on the streets and shout out his set name when shooting at them is too much of a pussyfart to put in work against gangs that are trying to kill him after all the sh*t he's disturbed with them? Please.

• B Dawg, KING2dor and SilkySkillz85 like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by greenrock, 19 February 2014 - 05:54 PM.

I'm not struggling to accept that it's not a San Andreas sequel, I just think that there are features that should have been in the game that weren't. What, should good and entirely relevant criminal activities not be included in the game because they were in previous games? Beat the story and tell me the lack of illegal side activities and basic rudimentary gang AI wouldn't improve the game's fun factor and longevity? Or maybe sitting around in a lonely Vinewood mansion and getting into police chases and/or mindless rampages 24/7 really is all that fun to you. Even The Lost and Damned had gang wars, TBoGT had drug wars and they're no San Andreas sequels by any stretch of the imagination. Even for a pseudo-mafiosi GTAForums type you got to admit these activities would at least make the game a little more interesting.

If you're going to have a criminal game set in a place that mimicks Los Angeles and even go as far as having a main character with ties to that lifestyle there is no excuse in excluding activities there because the game is centered around something else. You're telling me a guy willing to get tattoos of his gang, wear the colors and even antagonize rival gang members on the streets and shout out his set name when shooting at them is too much of a pussyfart to put in work against gangs that are trying to kill him after all the sh*t he's disturbed with them? Please.

you honestly didn't pay attention to the story

what do you think the reason Franklin hooked up with Michael in the first place..its quite obvious...he wanted to escape the hood and get real money.. and he knew Michael knew the game alot better then Lamar, or anyone else he knew... 

"one score with you, i made more money then i ever did hustling"

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

what do you think the reason Franklin hooked up with Michael in the first place..its quite obvious...he wanted to escape the hood and get real money.. and he knew Michael knew the game alot better then Lamar, or anyone else he knew... 

Well I've obviously paid more attention to it than you did if I know that Franklin started his own set under the Families (Forum Gangster Families) with Lamar gives and gets respect from them and openly vocally supports the Families and is down to do work with with them as long as there is real money to be involved. Was he against kidnapping D for those football numbers? Franklin isn't against gang banging, he's against being a bummy ass corner dealer and nowhere am I suggesting that he should be that. I'm saying that he should be able to be given the option to go participate in major gang activities with big payouts such as gang wars that Lamar could drag him into (if you still feel like Franklin is some holier than thou anti-gang activist or some sh*t because he doesn't want to do petty crimes for pocket change).

I don't know dude, if you want a GTA game with barely any illegal side activities because it's not apart the central theme of the game (which is kinda the definition of side activity  :blink:) then I guess you got what you wanted. Hopefully yoga and those few non-repeatable bounties are enough to keep you satisfied.

• SilkySkillz85 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by Lucchese, 19 February 2014 - 06:28 PM.

I'm not struggling to accept that it's not a San Andreas sequel, I just think that there are features that should have been in the game that weren't. What, should good and entirely relevant criminal activities not be included in the game because they were in previous games? Beat the story and tell me illegal side activities and basic rudimentary gang AI wouldn't improve the game's fun factor and longevity? Or maybe sitting around in a lonely Vinewood mansion and getting into police chases and/or mindless rampages 24/7 really is all that fun to you. Even The Lost and Damned had gang wars, TBoGT had drug wars and they're no San Andreas sequels by any stretch of the imagination. Even for a pseudo-mafiosi GTAForums type you got to admit these activities would at least make the game a little more interesting.

I think we're talking about two different things here.

First of all: I'm not saying that having random gang wars with excellent AI engaging all over the ghettos wouldn't be fun. Quite the opposite actually, as I'd personally find it to add even more of an essence of danger and realism, and the opportunities for creating your own cinematic scenarios could possibly be endless. However, I'm not going to stand at the top of a mountain and beat my chest just because the hood wasn't as lively as I had originally expected, given the ghetto only accounts for a tiny proportion of the map. There's plenty to do crime-wise outside of that little area, so it doesn't phase me at all. And who's to say R* didn't possibly want to add any of that stuff, but simply didn't have the wiggle room left to work with, given the already huge scope and content of this game? Who knows, eh.

Second of all (and this is not necessarily aimed at you): my gripe is more with those who keep complaining about Franklin and the story not having more to do with all that stuff, and like I've stated a thousand times; this game was never about that. Sure, the game featured LS, but so did SA, and the whole backbone of that game was centred around that theme; this time it needed to take a backseat, and it did thankfully. Some people just need to be grateful they even got any gang-related missions at all, let alone a protagonist of that nature. But as we all know, entitled brats are never grateful...for anything.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well I've obviously paid more attention to it than you did if I know that Franklin started his own set under the Families (Forum Gangster Families) with Lamar gives and gets respect from them and openly vocally supports the Families and is down to do work with with them as long as there is real money to be involved. Was he against kidnapping D for those football numbers? Franklin isn't against gang banging, he's against being a bummy ass corner dealer and nowhere am I suggesting that he should be that. I'm saying that he should be able to be given the option to go participate in major gang activities with big payouts such as gang wars that Lamar could drag him into (if you still feel like Franklin is some holier than thou anti-gang activist or some sh*t because he doesn't want to do petty crimes for pocket change).

I don't know dude, if you want a GTA game with barely any illegal side activities because it's not apart the central theme of the game (which is kinda the definition of side activity  :blink:) then I guess you got what you wanted. Hopefully yoga and those few non-repeatable bounties are enough to keep you satisfied.

You didn't even read that quote from Franklin if you're still suggesting he should have gang activities to earn money. HE DID TRY THOSE in the past, before the story and obviously gangsta is a low payed job compared to a professional thief.

Not one person will tell you that they don't want more activities, but they don't have to be gang activities. More freedom to rob, illegal smuggling, high profile street races etc.. those could bring in money and be fun without having anything to do with the hood.

MichaelDeTownley
  • MichaelDeTownley

Massive Fan

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Imo people hate the game because its too realistic i love this game people say its no fun but i can spend all day pratfalling its so funny

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 19 February 2014 - 08:13 PM.

OP, I don't understand your thought process.

It's like you're saying 'I can't help but think people who don't like vanilla ice cream, like chocolate ice cream. That's so profound...

On topic, I don't feel that way at all...I think the majority of complaints come from the length of story not what kind of story it is.

As it stands this is just an awful terrible attempt at baiting Official General.(edit, looks like it worked)

In my opinion, a lot of people are so outspoken about this, because they don't really like, or understand black culture. Which is whatever...but acting like F is this anti gang guy is stupid and it makes me want to ignore the people who didn't pay attention.

During The Third Way, Lamar asks F (in the middle of a gun fight with Merryweather) what the difference between those guys and Ballas was.

A few tons of gold, was F's reply. It has way more to with money than being a reformed gangster. See also the mission Chop, for more evidence.

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Not one person will tell you that they don't want more activities, but they don't have to be gang activities. More freedom to rob, illegal smuggling, high profile street races etc.. those could bring in money and be fun without having anything to do with the hood.

Any extras are good.

Bring in money? pff... i see 10k on the floor and i dont even bother picking it up, i have around 2 billions.. the stock market made the grinding of money useless.

And you cannot spend it in that many things, i mean cars and all that, perfect, properties i guess, but buying houses really would have been nice.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

you get so many people that whine about it not having a hood focus or hood atmosphere...even though that wasn't what R* was aiming for...irritating to say the least..

Well Rockstar included Franklin in the story, labelled him a "gangbanger in a post-gangbagin' world," and they clearly implied a significant amount of hood stuff was in game through Franklin's trailer (and the the second general trailer too). It is very understandable as to why many GTA fans would have had that impression and complained when they never got that. 

There is your answer.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I really could give 2 sh*ts actually. We saw ALOT of it in SA. We dont need it again. And we actually did get some in the beginning of the game... I like hood themed games and sh*t, but not needed now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users