Quantcast

» «
Photo

Looking Back was GTA V SP worth the Wait?

70 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V Poll (151 member(s) have cast votes)

Worth the Wait?

1. Yes. (92 votes [60.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.93%

2. NO. (59 votes [39.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

and Would you wait another 5/6 years for another GTA game?

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

Cool Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

On the whole, yes it was.

Not perfection and disappointing in places but then we were promised the moon.....

Still an awesome game that lives in my XBox some 5 months after release.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Nope. Still waiting for that PC version. 

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Mission of The week Leader

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I Was expecting more from this game, but it delivered enough things to keep me happy.

And i think it was worth waiting for it.

• TheCornking101 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Making the GTA V fanboys dance

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Not 5 years wait. If it was 2.5/3 years wait, then yes. Overall NO. Vice City did better job for three months (for it's time of course) than V did in 5 years.

• TheCornking101 likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

What does worth the wait even mean? The mental state of 'waiting' is a choice. Just live your life until it's out and pick it up. GTA V was worth not dying for until it came out, because not dying is worth it to me anyway, so that doesn't even have anything to do with GTA V. 

And I also think GTA V was awesome..

• Tyla, SmoothGetaway, TheMasterfocker and 1 other like this

Johan.
  • Johan.

Legen, wait for it... dary.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

I choose no, sure it's a good game (not great, not perfect) but it's pretty disappointing and it feels like a downgrade to me compared to what GTA IV had to offer.

This is all my opinion of course, but all the extra features R* added to V really doesn't make it any better, matter of fact.. it's all pretty bland and something that I don't even look into anymore.

Story was short, entertaining at times.. but not what I expected from a game 3+ years in the making. I've had more fun playing Episodes from Liberty City than this game.

• Deadly Target and QuietJosh like this

thivakar
  • thivakar

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Apart from Micheal's story, everyone else's sucked big time. The story wasn't very likable. Since the next gta will be on the next generation, we might have to wait even longer.

• Deadly Target likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 February 2014 - 07:56 PM.

I voted Yes,and Yes it Worth it.I dont mind waiting another 5 years for a next-gen GTA(s).
  • CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Honestly, NO.

Yes, I've loved the game, but for me there are two sides to it.
1. Exploration, beauty, game world and immersion
2. Average Gameplay, bad story, uninteresting characters and lot of things that seem rushed, or removed totally from the game (till any DLC brings the cut content back)

SP seriously turns boring fast even after playing till one, two or three months with repeated play-throughs, and yes no matter what, or the extent to which you're creative, it just wasn't worth the wait, in fact, GTA IV looks much better now.

But, as said above, the point no. 1, the beauty and exploration part, indeed the best aspect thing of GTA V and the only reason that made me pick the controllers again, and everytime.
  • Deadly Target likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

I`d say yes but I`m sure they can shorten the time we wait for the next one,maybe release it in 3 years let R* North do the SP and another studio handle GTA Online.

• Lucchese likes this

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

Youtubers are annoying.leave a f*cking like!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 19 February 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Not 5 years wait. If it was 2.5/3 years wait, then yes. Overall NO. Vice City did better job for three months (for it's time of course) than V did in 5 years.

Vice city was made in three months?!

ontopic: Yea, the waiting was good...the game looks cool...but online is s*it

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Lucchese, 19 February 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Most certainly.

This has been the first GTA to provide me a sense of playing a somewhat different game with each new playthrough (recently just finished my 3rd campaign), thanks to the mission variety/heist options/new cutscenes/different character choices/etc, as well as the huge amount of activities to do. So I'm quite confident in saying it will definitely last me much longer than its predecessors did. Besides, R* released some pretty darn good games during that wait - EFLC/RDR/MP3 - so if it takes another 5 years to once again deliver an excellent GTA, and continue the trend of increasing their flagship title's quality, then by all means take your time R*.

• CantThinkOfOne2013 and Perfect Blade xD like this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

No, unless it's mind-blowing.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 19 February 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Between the GTA 3 era and IV developement times have gotten longer, because the games have gotten much more advanced. It's as simple as that.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Most certainly.

This has been the first GTA to provide me a sense of playing a somewhat different game with each new playthrough (recently just finished my 3rd campaign), thanks to the mission variety/heist options/new cutscenes/different character choices/etc, as well as the huge amount of activities to do. So I'm quite confident in saying it will definitely last me much longer than its predecessors did. Besides, R* released some pretty darn good games during that wait - EFLC/RDR/MP3 - so if it takes another 5 years to once again deliver an excellent GTA, and continue the trend of increasing their flagship title's quality, then by all means take your time R*.

why is your name lucchese and you have a pic of luciano, at least put a pic of the correct mob boss

no and yes. too me 5 was ok. i havent played it since December. Ive moved on to ps4, if they bring it to PS4 i will pick it up, but if not i wont lose any sleep over it.  I dont play MMO and since i only play SP. the story was probably the weakest GTA story ever made in my opinion. I dont even think SP Dlc can save that sh*tty story. Overall the game felt like a slap in the face to true GTA fans

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

I don`t wanna sound queer or nothing but they took nine months to develop Vice City.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Live free or die

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Erm I dont think anyone really waited 5 years, it was more like 1 and a half year, After the first Trailer. Its not like anyone waited for a game called Grand Theft Auto V after they completed the story in GTA IV to some people back in 2008... And we also got TBOGT and TLAD

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

nobody waited 5 years, maybe 2 at the least, when the trailer came out, R* said they had new ideas for future gta's, but that doesn't mean like "time me girl, i'm starting to wait....NOW" , c'mon people 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

feckyerlife:

why is your name lucchese and you have a pic of luciano, at least put a pic of the correct mob boss

Because my great grandfather was Lucky Luciano, and my great grandmother was Tommy Lucchese. Also, my great uncle was Vito genevese, and my great aunt was Joseph Bonanno.

But seriously, I'm quite aware of who's who of the golden era of La Cosa Nostra. Luciano and Lucchese happen to be two of the mobsters I find the most fascinating, so I chose to name myself after one, and have an avatar of the other.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 19 February 2014 - 07:48 PM.

I don't recall waiting 5 years...More like almost 2, and hell yeah it was 'worth it' (all I had to do was not die...).

Seriously, if someone looks at this like they 'waited' for 5 years than they probably don't have a job, friends etc...it's the only way you could judge the game based on how long you 'waited'. Don't you guys fill your time with other things or is life just a waiting period with videogames/entertainment that comes out periodically?

'I waited 5 years and now I'm disappointed'...no sh*t Sherlock! There was no way it could live up to 'the wait'.

I'll be playing GTA till I die, but I sure as sh*t will be doing other things so I'm not at home watching the sands of the hourglass pass by....that would be a tremendous waste of time.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 February 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Unfortunately guys we wont be getting another GTA until 2020,GTAO will make up for that time.and by that time the Franchise will be 23 years old (1997-2020).and according to Take2 GTA will never be Annaulised like COD or Assassins Creed.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by Official General, 19 February 2014 - 08:25 PM.

Honestly speaking, I would say no, it was not worth the wait.

It was just not as great as I hoped it would be. If the story was much better, certain features had kept or added, and other things done better, then I'd be saying yes. It definitely had potential for being worth a 5-year wait. But yet, GTA V could not even manage to beat GTA IV in all areas, it's predecessor actually done certain things better. 

So on that basis, and as V stands now, I have to say no. 

• QuietJosh likes this

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yes, this is best GTA game :)

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Yes & No. I won't list off the reasons because everybody in this topic has already just about covered them, but yes because it's a really fun game to play and I enjoy it. I voted no however, because it just got boring to me real fast. The night I finished the storyline, I went to sleep right after it because I was so bored. I bought all the properties and once realizing that that was just about it, I moved on to Online. Last time I played SP I think was like a couple weeks ago.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

For the gameplay, hell yeah it was worth it!

As far as the plot went...not really. 

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Not really. The story was quite brief and the features it lacks compared to Online, especially considering the fact that I expected most Online exclusives to be in V way before release.

Elvis_Mazur
  • Elvis_Mazur

Nothing Inspiring to Write

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

More than worth it.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Nope, most of the people who said yes are just the fanboys sadly. 

• Immigration likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Screw the Moral Majority

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 19 February 2014 - 10:06 PM.

Yes, I think that GTA V is the best GTA yet. The vehicle variety, mission variety, combat and driving were all great and different heist options and other choices made added replay value to an already highly replayable game. Speaking of variety, the mission variety is the best in the series and there are very few, if any, filler missions like in previous games (i'm looking at you Life's a Beach and First Date).
As for the story, it was great, yes it wasn't as good as the story in GTA IV, but I would like to see those people hating on GTA V for story and nothing else, make a story that is better than GTA V's while still retaining the same level of quality gameplay that GTA V has. And also, it is a game, so, despite popular belief, gameplay is more important than story.

Nope, most of the people who said yes are just the fanboys sadly. 

Why?, because GTA V didn't win the most GOTY awards? First learn what opinions are, and then learn to accept them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users