Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do the weapons feel "vague" to anyone else?

108 replies to this topic
SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

A hallmark of someone who isn't a native speaker of a language is that they come across as too aggressive or 'off' to native speakers. I get what you are saying too though.

Anyway let's get back on topic.
  • TJGM likes this

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

By the way, complaints aside, it's a cool little feature that all the characters maintain proper finger safety, wish the game would have proper +1 in chamber and losing ammo left in magazine on reloads, honestly I don't think it feels too hardcore while the gun damage is high enough that you die from 1-2 shotgun blasts when unarmored. Also it definately took them way too long to implement real reloading (like, the magazines actually falling out, duh), and at same time I keep wondering why if they boosted gun details the steering wheels are still static apparently...

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 20 February 2014 - 10:19 PM.

@TJGM

I always assumed Blood was using this forum to practice his English. Notice the limited vocabulary and repetition of key phrases? He's probably not as locked on as native speakers, so let's give him a break.

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Great Comment bro.Lol my mum love the car,we were talking about it.I think the Gussenberg Sweeper is a keep for the Franchise (afterall it a GTA brand based on the real thing,so if any other non-GTA game try to use the word "Gussenberg sweeper"they would get sue by Rockstar).and once again thanks for the help you gave in your last post,it also helped me  

But, let's get back on topic:

Honestly I still think VC has the best gun sounds up to this day, the shotguns sound like shotguns and even the regular pistol sounded brutal.

Whereas I think V has way better gun sounds than IV, they're just way too quiet in comparision with the rest of the SFX, especially the shotgun sounds, they are horrible, the rest feels really good for me though, except for the low volume - my favorite weapon in the game is MP5, just due to how much I like it's sound. My issue with the weapons in the game is that everything about the shooting is too FPS-like...you just pop out of cover, hold fire for 2 secs, bam your target is instantly dead, unless you cripple yourself by using a pistol or something. It's nice the weapon damage is realistic for once (and I love how shotguns are actually shotguns now too) but at same time it kinda takes away from the game, also what the f*ck is wrong with the NPC accuracy? even if you're hidden behind a cover, as long as a minimal part of your body stands out (like your head) you can be sure they'll hit you. It just annoys me honestly when I'm running away in a car, and cops 5434534km away manage to land more than 70% of the shots on me instead of the car. I get it, the game is suppossed to be harder, but it's just so anti-climatic to see them having such robocop accuracy. Also I don't feel like there's any differences between weapons in a category, sure there's difference between MP5 and M249 but is there any between the pistols? (the regular one and combat one, Taurus PT92 and Beretta PX4 respectfully) except for magazine size, I don't think so. Same with the assault rifles, it seems more like up to player's personal preference, since no matter who you're fighting, the target will go down in 3 shots (maybe 5 with SWAT), so choosing the M4/AK/Tavor is just based on their looks and sound. Also I don't like how they limited driveby even further, I think they should restore how passangers could driveby with just about any weapon (like in SA), that'd be quite cool.

:^: I 100% agree. Great post. VC had the best gun sounds by far.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 February 2014 - 10:22 PM.

@TJGM

I always assumed Blood was using this forum to practice his English. Notice the limited vocabulary and repetition of key phrases? He's probably not as locked on as native speakers, so let's give him a break.

He doesn't give anyone else a break when they don't like something about GTA V. He always has to say something to praise GTA V, even when he knows he's wrong.

Just like the way SA and IV fanboys behaves,huh?

@SmoothGetway
Yeah It not my first language and i am 20.so dont you say i am a f*cking kid.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

@TJGM

He doesn't give anyone else a break when they don't like something about GTA V. He always has to say something to praise GTA V, even when he knows he's wrong.

Just like the way SA and IV fanboys behaviour,huh?

Except most 'SA' and 'IV' fanboys have points to back up what they're saying. You're just talking a bunch of nonsense that isn't true.

I don't really care anyway dude. Just calm down and try to realise that GTA V has its issues.
  • Donut and Yogogamer like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I remember the AK47 sound in GTA IV. I dunno I think the assault rifles in this game aren't as crisp as IV's. The pistols sound relatively good and the shotguns stayed the same. The MG's were disappointing though. They don't have the sound of the clinking of the chain fed bullets going into the feeder.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 February 2014 - 10:27 PM.

@TJGM

Except most 'SA' and 'IV' fanboys have points to back up what they're saying. You're just talking a bunch of nonsense that isn't true.

I don't really care anyway dude. Just calm down and try to realise that GTA V has its issues.
I know the game has it own share of Flaws but it 100x perfect than GTAO.and when you say nonsense,It is because I love the game and dont like Nitpicking like some unappreciated c*nts? or is it because i am always giving my honest opinion of this beautiful game? and btw i am playing batman right now,it not like i play GTA 5 24/7 and look for little glitches or flaws to nitpick.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

I remember the AK47 sound in GTA IV. I dunno I think the assault rifles in this game aren't as crisp as IV's. The pistols sound relatively good and the shotguns stayed the same. The MG's were disappointing though. They don't have the sound of the clinking of the chain fed bullets going into the feeder.

Na man, IV shotgun sounds were definately somewhat better. I just can't force myself to use the assault shotgun in V, the god awful sound is making me cringe everytime it's fired, they should have just kept the AA-12 sound from TBoGT... also that pump-action based on some airsoft thing from IV sounded deffo way better.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

@TJGM

I know the game has it own share of Flaws but it 100x perfect than GTAO.and when you say nonsense,It is because I love the game and dont like Nitpicking like some unappreciated c*nts? or is it because i am always giving my honest opinion of this beautiful game? and btw i am playing batman right now,it not like i play GTA 5 24/7 and look for little glitches or flaws to nitpick.

I wouldn't say saying the game has a pretty terrible story is nitpicking.. but fair enough.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 20 February 2014 - 10:59 PM.

You DO know that R* paid the companies to say all that stuff don't you?

I'm sorry dude, but that's just not true. No game company pays for reviews, and I'll tell you why:

There's hundreds of known/respected reviewers. With Youtube and the like, possibly thousands. Now, you don't pay only some of the reviewers. No, it doesn't work like that. If you're paying reviewers, you're paying all of them, or else it's obvious that you paid for reviews when they go from 10 in half the places and drops to 6 in the other half.

Now, the price. If you're going to pay someone for a review, you're going to have to pay them a sh*tton of money. Why, you ask? Well, you gotta make it worth the reviewer's price to not go to the media and exclaim that the company paid him off. If a guy does that, the company gets shunned and embarrassed, and the reviewer gets famous as f*ck. Getting really famous sounds like a really good deal, right? Exactly. So, as a company, you gotta pay enough so the guy won't do that. And even then, there's no guarantee he won't.

So, we're looking at a sh*tton of money for one guy. Multiply that by hundreds, if not thousands, of people.

It quickly gets ridiculous, and paying for reviews ends up just being retarded. It's not worth the money in any way.

Most of the "They paid for reviews!" crap comes from people who don't agree with the game, and feel like the reviewer's wrong by giving it a higher/lower score than what they think it was.

Just look at the comment section of IGN videos. It speaks for itself.

OT: I have not experienced what you experienced with guns, OP. In fact, I think the guns are the best in the series. Definitely better than IV's, IMO. Come at me SonOfLiberty

Cough Microsoft paid youtubers to say good reviews about the Xbox One Cough 

Except it wasn't exactly that.

Microsoft paid for coverage of the Xbox One. You did not have to say a single positive thing about it. You just had to show X1 gameplay and not say it sucks. That's it. They weren't paying for good reviews, they were paying for publicity (Which is exactly what ads are). This, however, is different because of the NDA. That's the part that shouldn't be there. For whatever reason, there was an NDA. If there wasn't an NDA, this wouldn't be a big deal, because it'd be like any ad ever.

The NDA is the f*cked up part.

It's also nothing like paying for reviews. What Microsoft did is standard advertising with a retarded twist. Paying for reviews is a whole other beast, for the reasons I stated.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

@TJGM

Just like the way SA and IV fanboys behaves,huh?
@SmoothGetway
Yeah It not my first language and i am 20.so dont you say i am a f*cking kid.

Good thing I never said that!! I was sticking up for you, sheesh...

I guess I should have figured...no good deed goes unpunished.
  • TJGM and Captain Arthur like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

@TJGM

I wouldn't say saying the game has a pretty terrible story is nitpicking.. but fair enough.

IMO V's Story was So Great i had to start a 4th Playthrough.Although i am taking my time by playing other games,i wont to finish it before Rockstar release Story DLCs for V.Infact over 300 reviews praised V's Story and the 3 Protags System.anyway i want to try finish Batman :)

hype5870
  • hype5870

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by hype5870, 20 February 2014 - 11:39 PM.

I never really thought about it but I do agree. I think there are a few things at play, one is sound. Guns fired off in IV's Liberty City would IRL cause a more menacing reverb off the buildings nearby compared to the more open San Andreas but that could be paired with more echo there (which is just a longer delay on the reverb). Another thing is recoil, the chain gun (name escaping me) or rocket launcher is going to kick like a mule compared to the humble pistol but the characters stand pat. The ability to feel recoil is somewhat limited by being in lock-on and not having first person perspective. Another thing is the strength of the weapons used. RDR's weaker weapons meant every shot would send the target reeling a bit and not having many automatic weapons meant you got to feel every shot you had to put in someone. Max Payne made up for this with the kill cam but in V you just unload on a target and they drop before you can notice.

So a lot of it is not their fault, but the source material. And the ped reactions to your gun fire are a huge improvement and do help you feel it a bit more. But for the movie Heat being such a huge influence to IV and V, one of the reasons the gunfights were so good in it was the sound and louder, more echo-ing gunshots (and an audio control for that) would have helped what the mechanics and setting could not.

• Official General likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

^^^

How does the source material account for the guns sounding off? Real guns are loud as f*ck and there's a lot of canyons in SoCal, hence the 'far off motorcycle ripping it' sound effect. They really nailed that one, first time I heard that I had to stop what I was doing for a second.

Also shoulder fired rockets have virtually zero recoil and absolutely zero recoil when compared with regular firearms. A shooter isn't going to move backward an inch when firing RPG's, AT4's, or SMAW rockets.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Hustler

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by RolfStarGames, 21 February 2014 - 12:00 AM.

GTA III = End of 2D

GTA VC= Story

GTA SA= Diversity

GTA IV = Physics.

GTA V = Graphics.

GTA VI = ???

On topic, I agree with you OP.

• Blingy and B Dawg like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

I never really thought about it but I do agree. I think there are a few things at play, one is sound. Guns fired off in IV's Liberty City would IRL cause a more menacing reverb off the buildings nearby compared to the more open San Andreas but that could be paired with more echo there (which is just a longer delay on the reverb). Another thing is recoil, the chain gun (name escaping me) or rocket launcher is going to kick like a mule compared to the humble pistol but the characters stand pat. The ability to feel recoil is somewhat limited by being in lock-on and not having first person perspective. Another thing is the strength of the weapons used. RDR's weaker weapons meant every shot would send the target reeling a bit and not having many automatic weapons meant you got to feel every shot you had to put in someone. Max Payne made up for this with the kill cam but in V you just unload on a target and they drop before you can notice.

So a lot of it is not their fault, but the source material. And the ped reactions to your gun fire are a huge improvement and do help you feel it a bit more. But for the movie Heat being such a huge influence to IV and V, one of the reasons the gunfights were so good in it was the sound and louder, more echo-ing gunshots (and an audio control for that) would have helped what the mechanics and setting could not.

Yeah, rocket launchers don't have recoil. It's what the back of the launcher is for.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

Honestly I still think VC has the best gun sounds up to this day, the shotguns sound like shotguns and even the regular pistol sounded brutal.

Yes. Vice City is an epic game that delivers "highly distinguished" feel in every aspect of the game. Talking about sound effects, it can literally be mind-blowing. There's no way we could break out the best audio/sound effects in Vice City - guns, grenades, city ambient, variety of exhaust sounds of the cars, explosions, car crashes, driving/getting into various sections of the map, dialougues from peds, glamorous feel to it supported by the sound effects, and the "mission completed" audio are simply an example to speak.

All hail to VICE CITY hail.gif

• lolleroz likes this

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

I just think that R* needs to improve gun/shooting mechanics.  They need to implement actual recoil to the guns, not just spread or some "jitter" (that poorly imitates recoil).  Also, I would have liked if the guns were more balanced.  For instance, there's no reason to use the Assault Rifle (Type 56-II) once you get the Carbine Rifle.  It makes the weapon variety come down to whatever is the best in its own class.  The best balanced weapon class seems to be the sniper rifles as there's trade-offs between using the Sniper Rifle (AI AW) and the Heavy Sniper (M107).  The guns should have more varying stats.

• lolleroz likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

Yes. Vice City is an epic game that delivers "highly distinguished" feel in every aspect of the game. Talking about sound effects, it can literally be mind-blowing. There's no way we could break out the best audio/sound effects in Vice City - guns, grenades, city ambient, variety of exhaust sounds of the cars, explosions, car crashes, driving/getting into various sections of the map, dialougues from peds, glamorous feel to it supported by the sound effects, and the "mission completed" audio are simply an example to speak.

All hail to VICE CITY hail.gif

Can't get any better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users