135 replies to this topic
Craig
  • Craig

Park Head

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thing is, from the premiere of season 3 I was actually expecting some heavy stuff. The more I've seen of the season so far though, the more I realise that premiere was actually written as part of series 2 and pushed back for whatever reason. I can't remember where I saw it, or why they did it but the episode revolving around The Purge was a last minute addition which allowed Rick's prison break to kick off the next season. If you compare the first and second episodes, I think you can tell.

I still have high hopes for the rest of series 3. It hasn't been bad at all in the slightest, but I'd need the next four (or however many there are left) to be great for it to sit on par with series 2. I suppose we'll have to wait until Sunday and see.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 2 weeks ago.

Man, that episode, "The Ricklantis Mix-up" was really good. It's pretty cool to see the Citadel again, and how evil Morty from "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind" went on to become the president of the Citadel. Plus, that episode aired on my birthday! Thanks for the birthday gift, [adult swim]! Still, kinda wish we saw Rick and Morty's adventure in Atlantis. Maybe we'll get a POV sequel soon, showing what happened to Rick and Morty on their adventure, but I doubt it.
  • Voodoo likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Matrelith, 2 weeks ago.

Man, that was the best episode of the entire season so far in my opinion. I had a feeling it was Evil Morty and it was nice seeing that was indeed the case.

also chills hearing Evil Morty's theme again

• Voodoo and Ivan1997GTA like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Evil Morty continuity FTW! I'm so glad that they didn't just abandon that idea.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can totally see a spin-off series coming from this episode alone.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

5suBz2Ql.png

How about a Slow Rick/Tall Morty spin-off? My favorite ep of the season so far, followed closely by the Vindicators ep. That ending, man. So good.

• darthYENIK and Ivan1997GTA like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted A week ago

My favorite ep of the season so far, followed closely by the Vindicators ep.

I still prefer the Vindicators, but it's a really close call.

I want Interdimensional Cable 3 next season (there will be season 4, right?). Those episodes are like a playground for the most bizarre creative ideas.

• Voodoo likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

The plots for the next three episodes have been revealed and unfortunately there's no Interdimensional Cable 3. Rick even says so in the next episodes preview. I still have a feeling Harmon will sneak in it anyway as a "hidden episode" on the DVD or something as the cast loves doing them despite having mixed reactions from audiences. Even if there's no subplot and its just the shows. I really do hope that is the case because I love those episodes. 

The latest episode though. Man... Without a doubt one of the greatest of the entire series, if not the greatest. Everything played out like a Blade Runner-esque dystopian future and the idea of incorporating 4 different stories of seperate universes Rick and Morty's was genius. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Park Head

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted A week ago

Wow. My jaw dropped at least twice during this episode - once during the Simple Rick indent and again when we saw the mass of bodies floating outside. That Evil Morty theme always gives me chills. The more I see of Evil Morty, the more I'm convinced that he is actually Rick C137's original Morty. He was so deliciously vague about his origins, and it's clear that Rick has at least had an interaction with a baby Morty, whether or not it's the one we're currently following. I hope they explore at least some of that in the last episode of this season, I'd hate to have to wait another year and a half for season 4 to drip feed us more.

But yes, that episode was one of my favourites of the entire season so far. Also, don't think I've forgotten about Phoenix Person because I bloody well haven't. F*ck Tammy.

• Tchuck, LL Cool L and Ivan1997GTA like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

I thought the point of Inter dimensional Cable 2 was to poke fun at ''signature'' episodes and how they can run stale when overdone. Harmon's no stranger to those type of eps, e.g Paintball in Community.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted A week ago

The outro from Rest and Ricklaxation charted on Billboard Hot Rock Songs Top 50 this week. Amazing.

Squeeze 'em tight, you sonafabitch.

• Tchuck, The Yokel and Ivan1997GTA like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

Seen at San Japan (San Antonio, TX):

Spoiler

• darthYENIK and Ivan1997GTA like this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted A week ago Edited by Loosestring, 6 days ago.

Season 3 kinda disappointed me, making me think that the show is going downhill. However, last-week episode set my hope high: although the season made a weak start, the last episodes might do the justice. My thoughts on this season so far, episode by episode:

Spoiler

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, so I'd write down when I see it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted A week ago

Going downhill? Third season is just as good as the other two. Every episode is a blast.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago

Eh, this week's episode was a bit meh for me. Rick mentions in the beginning this will be this season's cable episode, but after the already less funny cable episode in season 2 compared to season 1, this one didn't improve upon things. It missed that freshness of the original Rixy Minutes. 

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted An hour ago

At first I thought a Beth episode would suck, but that was really good.

And now

Spoiler

Specially loved the discussion at the end. Too true. If nothing matters, then the universe is yours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users