• Poland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I hope there will be a "seatbelt mod" when the game comes out on PC :D

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

http://gtaforums.com/

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Does anyone else hate that? I feel it is a waste of money on the cars to put mods on them and then just die from crashing to fast. I completely stopped driving them for that reason.

If you're referring to smashing through the window screen, this is something I cannot stand either. I was hoping they'd take it out for V but they didn't. It's a complete inconvenience more than anything. It's funny how he wears a helmet on a bike yet doesn't put his seat belt on! 

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

it was fun at first, but then the fee came in, when people chase me down the streets and destroy my car, i pay for a replacement, so how's that for irony? 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Fun > Realism

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

I actually love the fact you can go through the windscreen and die instantly at some impacts.

Infact, I wish those physics were in GTA: Online.

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

Wanted Level: ★★★★★

• Members
  • Finland
  • Best Video 2012 [GTA V Trailer with Niko, Luis and Johnny]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Fun > Realism

Realism = Fun

It would be boring if you could just drive like a crazy without any consequences.

Driving is much more exciting when you really have to concentrate to avoid crashing with other cars.

R* already made driving more easy to players like you and for me they made driving much more boring that in was in GTA IV.

Also the car damage in GTA V should be more agressive. Cars should be totalled after one big crash.

• Scaglietti likes this

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Fun > Realism

Realism = Fun

It would be boring if you could just drive like a crazy without any consequences.

Driving is much more exciting when you really have to concentrate to avoid crashing with other cars.

R* already made driving more easy to players like you and for me they made driving much more boring that in was in GTA IV.

Also the car damage in GTA V should be more agressive. Cars should be totalled after one big crash.

This, what fun is it if you can easily drive around as fast as possible and crash as much as you want, and not have any damage?

What fun is it if the cops can shoot you 30 times and your still able to survive?

What fun is it if you are getting chased by the cops, and it requires no skill or strategy or thinking to evade them, because as long as you just drive as fast as possible if you don't actually take damage you never have to actually surrender to them.

I like all of the new things they add to make the game more realistic or add attention to detail, I would like if they get rid of regenerative health, make it so the car damage goes back up a bit, make the AI a bit smarter, add more traffic and people on the street, and make it so cops can taze you then arrest you, all of these things add to the challenge and the gameplay and make the game more realistic and better.

JKan420
  • JKan420

stoned alcoholic

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Agreed, it is very annoying. Been a couple months since I played SP, been doing online, crashed into back of a car and instant death. Afterwards, my car was gone. Can't find it anywhere.

I don't remember, is my car gone permanently or what is going on?

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by lol232, 20 February 2014 - 11:37 AM.

I must agree with the OP, the instant death annoys me like hell, you do NOT die immediately when you break the windshield, at least we should see how it's gonna end up.

E:
Realism > Fun
And this however, is NOT realistic; you can only bail out at a right angle.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by killahmatic, 19 February 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Realism = Fun

Really?! Very few people called Vice City and San Andreas boring.... I'm not sure how flying out of a windshield or not is the deciding factor on boring...

Truth is, some realism is fun, some is annoying, but everyone has a different opinion on what is and what isn't, so there will always be a never ending argument on whether the game is too realistic or not.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

If you see you're abouth crash head on pull the handbrake and turn, it's easy to avoid, real easy.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Could you tards stop with the realism < fun and realism = fun bullsh*t? Realism is not excluded from fun. To different people, arcade is fun, to some realism is fun. To others like me, a mix of both, executed nicely though, is fun. Common sense, stop wasting space with such petty and ignorant arguments.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

One night I was going top speed in Franklin's car and crashed into a pole. Frank went through the windshield, hit a wall and died from a full bar of health.

If it was Niko, Johnny or Luis, they'd lose some health, but not die instantly.

I miss crashing into other cars and go flying feet away from the car and live to tell about it. The ragdoll physics were fluid, and all 3 characters would curl up in a ball to protect themselves. But in V they don't do this. They just land flat on their faces and try to stay as stiff as possible. Not cool, not fun, and not realistic. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by Militia, 19 February 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Fun > Realism

Realism = Fun

Nah, not boring.  I love my everything proof (bullet proof, fire proof, explosion proof, damage proof) Admiral in GTA: Vice City.  Indestructible.  In fact, those were the only vehicles I used to collect in GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas - The one time only vehicles from missions that are proofed.

Well, all you realism nuts...Where is my seatbelt so I WON'T go out of the windshield...Realism...Haha...Get real.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

I feel this new way of flying out of the windshield ruins the fun of crashing and doing random wreckless sh*t. It was not needed? It should have stayed less severe when you crashed.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Fun > Realism

Realism = Fun

This, what fun is it if you can easily drive around as fast as possible and crash as much as you want, and not have any damage?

What fun is it if the cops can shoot you 30 times and your still able to survive?

What fun is it if you are getting chased by the cops, and it requires no skill or strategy or thinking to evade them, because as long as you just drive as fast as possible if you don't actually take damage you never have to actually surrender to them.

I like all of the new things they add to make the game more realistic or add attention to detail, I would like if they get rid of regenerative health, make it so the car damage goes back up a bit, make the AI a bit smarter, add more traffic and people on the street, and make it so cops can taze you then arrest you, all of these things add to the challenge and the gameplay and make the game more realistic and better.

You already can be shot at not only 30 times, but literally 3,000 times.  It's called the Police Riot.  It's Bulletproof minus the tires and two windows, lol

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by Militia, 19 February 2014 - 07:16 PM.

I feel this new way of flying out of the windshield ruins the fun of crashing and doing random wreckless sh*t. It was not needed? It should have stayed less severe when you crashed.

It's still hilarious you fly out of windshields.  They decided to add in this feature, but forgot the seatbelts.  This discussion wouldn't be happening if they added in the seatbelt feature.

When you get on a motorcycle and don't accelerate and just sit on it for a moment, the character will put on a helmet (even though it's not effective at all) but when you get into a vehicle, nothing happens (that I am aware of) and when you hit something, you fly out of the windshield.  Pretty lame, imo.

If you want to talk about realism, then a seatbelt should have been added.  Don't wear it?  Fly out and die.  Wear it, save your life.

Rockstar's logic...Nice.

Edit: I read some other comments and see that others notice it too.  How come you can be going SLOW and fly out the windshield and die but sometimes you can be going like a bat out of hell, and NOT fly out.  It's faulty physics, that's for sure.  And shoddy programming in the game is NOT fun.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

It's still hilarious you fly out of windshields.  They decided to add in this feature, but forgot the seatbelts.  This discussion wouldn't be happening if they added in the seatbelt feature.

When you get on a motorcycle and don't accelerate and just sit on it for a moment, the character will put on a helmet (even though it's not effective at all) but when you get into a vehicle, nothing happens (that I am aware of) and when you hit something, you fly out of the windshield.  Pretty lame, imo.

If you want to talk about realism, then a seatbelt should have been added.  Don't wear it?  Fly out and die.  Wear it, save your life.

Rockstar's logic...Nice.

Edit: I read some other comments and see that others notice it too.  How come you can be going SLOW and fly out the windshield and die but sometimes you can be going like a bat out of hell, and NOT fly out.  It's faulty physics, that's for sure.  And shoddy programming in the game is NOT fun.
This so much! The lack of seatbelts sucks. So menial yet so effective.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I must agree with the OP, the instant death annoys me like hell, you do NOT die immediately when you break the windshield, at least we should see how it's gonna end up.

It shouldn't even be physically possible to break open the windshield in the more modern vehicles, older cars, yeah, it should be possible (Tornado, Peyote, Buccaneer). 

It is physically impossible to be ejected out of the windshield in modern cars if you are in the front compartment. Windshields are stronger than ever. Also the only way to be ejected is if you were unbelted in the rear seats, and even in modern cars it won't break the windscreen out of it's hinges.

unbelt.gif

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Oh....Where's the god damned airbags, too?  Seatbelts and airbags are missing, but flying out the windshield is possible?!  Give me a f*cking break...

• Bonnano likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Oh....Where's the god damned airbags, too?  Seatbelts and airbags are missing, but flying out the windshield is possible?!  Give me a f*cking break...

This baffles me too. Cloth physics are possible in this engine, what's preventing them to add inflating and deflating airbags on all post-1970's cars in the game?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

I find it quite annoying too. I had it happen a few times and I had to restart a lot of stuff because the characters randomly get ejected. They don't always die though but usually get my health down.... or throw me into oncoming traffic.

Upgrading Driving Skill can make this happen less often. On my first save, once I got full Driving Skill I never got thrown out the windshield ever again.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

I can't say this happened to me, but then again, I'm usually a safe driver unless I'm driving a semi or a bike.

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

I always get ejected through the windshield at the most inconvenent times. Always happens during a police chase.

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

No I do not 'hate It' I think Its a Interesting concept It's more realistic yes GTA was not intended on realism however It would be odd If you stayed alive after driving recklessly.

Had luck on my side 'this time'.

0_03_zps2da49cc8.jpg

Cheers shiek. 

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

GTA V apparently is the worst game to have ever been made because of a lack of realism, but is also the worst game to have ever been made BECAUSE of realism?

Got it. 

You people will complain about anything, I f*cking swear. 

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

It shouldn't even be physically possible to break open the windshield in the more modern vehicles, older cars, yeah, it should be possible (Tornado, Peyote, Buccaneer). 

It is physically impossible to be ejected out of the windshield in modern cars if you are in the front compartment. Windshields are stronger than ever. Also the only way to be ejected is if you were unbelted in the rear seats, and even in modern cars it won't break the windscreen out of it's hinges.

unbelt.gif

I would say that person would've gotten ejected, had their head not smashed head on into the crumpled hood.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

unbelt.gif

I would say that person would've gotten ejected, had their head not smashed head on into the crumpled hood.

You are right, but this is because that orange fella was in the rear passenger compartment, more room and momentum to fly straight and break through an old car's windscreen. In the front compartment, you hit the dashboard with you head and you lose all momentum, it's more fatal overall even though you don't get ejected.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I can`t wait to play GTA 10 with that level of damage details.

• Bonnano likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

What pisses me off more is its very inconsistent. I get ejected going lower speeds but at higher speeds it almost never happens, its a matter of chance. This is just faulty programming by R* and it adds nothing to the game. I would prefer if you just lost health like in IV instead of dying on impact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users