Instant death from car crash

62 replies to this topic
trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

Does anyone else hate that? I feel it is a waste of money on the cars to put mods on them and then just die from crashing to fast. I completely stopped driving them for that reason.

Mythological
  • Mythological

Marksman

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

I know I was hallin' a** then I hit the back of a car *dead

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Oh boy another one joined just for the pure reason of nitpicking. If you keep crashing its your fault, dont drive like a jackass if you dont want to loose your car.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Not a fan of it myself but there is no permanency to the negative effects of said instant death.

If it happens to me, this is usually what causes me to perma rage quit for the day.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Learn 2 wear a seatbelt.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

That's why we have an Impound system.

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

I never get the impound system. I go there and nothing happens. No way to get any car back. I park at the garage hit all the buttons and nothing happens.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Oh boy another one joined just for the pure reason of nitpicking. If you keep crashing its your fault, dont drive like a jackass if you dont want to loose your car.

It's not nitpicking. It happens waaay to often. It's annoying. Especially when you are not going fast and you still fly right through the windshield. Physics really make no sense.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

I never get the impound system. I go there and nothing happens. No way to get any car back. I park at the garage hit all the buttons and nothing happens.

So you're saying after losing a car, and then going to the impound, it's not there? If a car icon shows up, you can retrieve whatever is in there by hitting right on the D-Pad. If there is no car icon, then there is no car in there to retrieve.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Well from what I've seen he only joined to nitpick. Plus it has been here since IV, the whole feature is based around the fact to limit you from driving like a goddamned Jackass, either its this or your car getting lit up from such a hard crash.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

I swear sometimes I'm going insanely fast and survive, other times I'm going noticably slower and die. It can be annoying but I usually just laugh it off "damn it, I did it again"

• Nick Testbranch, MetalMilitia89 and ChrilLe like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

Well from what I've seen he only joined to nitpick. Plus it has been here since IV, the whole feature is based around the fact to limit you from driving like a goddamned Jackass, either its this or your car getting lit up from such a hard crash.

As far as I know, you don't get instant death in IV. If it was the same way in V, I wouldn't complain.

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Yeah my impound has never worked. Everytime I die in a car I go there, with the impound logo, and nothing happens. I hit right but nothing. I have called rockstar and the person said and I quote " we don't deal with gameplay" I was astounded by his reply.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 19 February 2014 - 06:13 AM.

It`s kind f*cking stupid to have an instant death windshield ejection every now and then but at the same time all the cars are f*cking sherman tanks and only take damage from rolls/jumps/trains.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:34 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 February 2014 - 07:35 AM.

this never happened to me in V unlike constantly in IV.OP it seems you just joined to complain (fair play ;)).

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Are you talking about when you crash through the windsheild or how normal crashes reduce your health?

I've never crashed enough, or in a short span of time to die - especially with the 50% health regen.

Crashing through the windsheild though, that f*cking sucks. You have to have the highest armor to survive it. Still, I think it's pretty dumb that it kills you instantly. It's even worse with the new Wasted screen. There are a lot of things in the game that make me label it as GTA: No Fun Allowed Edition from time to time, but I still love it.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

Does anyone else hate that? I feel it is a waste of money on the cars to put mods on them and then just die from crashing to fast. I completely stopped driving them for that reason.

Okay, i'll make a bet with you. I'll crash into a tree going about... lets say 50? If you don't get launched out of the car and get killed, i'll pay for your hospital bill and anything else you need. 

Or lets say, we crashed into a car going maybe... 40? If you don't smash your head off the windshield and suffer severe brain damage, i'll again pay for everything.

Lastly, lets say we crashed into a pole going... 60? If you don't get smashed into a million f*cking pieces, then I don't know what to tell you.

• DFur4M likes this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by quechus13, 19 February 2014 - 07:43 AM.

I hate it too, that took some of the GTA feeling away.

@Blingy: 

The fact that people want GTA to be too realistic is what kills the fun.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

I hate it too, that took some of the GTA feeling away.

@Blingy: 

The fact that people want GTA to be too realistic is what kills the fun.

People want realism, and then bitch when they get what they want.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by drr26, 19 February 2014 - 01:02 PM.

in IV you didn't die straight away unless you hadn't munched on a hotdog and had very  low health

in V it doesn't happen as much in crashes, but yeah you die straight away most of the time, and not necessarily going that fast either

• Scaglietti likes this

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I hardly crash my cars even with my 8 year old, beaten and battered xbox controller's analog stick :/

You're simply a bad driver my friend...

What bothers me more is jumping into the ocean from high up in a helicopter causing instant death :(

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by StingrayX, 19 February 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Oh boy, Tenxax has gone back to his old ways. Please don't start being a pure douchebag again, please don't!

OT: I do hate this but I rarely do hit somebody at high speeds as I'm already too OCD on dinging up my car. It is so annoying when it happens though. Its inconsistent too.
For example, I have rammed cars quite a few times and did not have problems. But I was in a rush on a backroad at night, heading into Los Santos in an azzuro blue Carbonizzare. Well I was going about 75 mph. The road was dashed and so I veered onto the left lane and tried to pass a slow driver. Out of nowhwhere some idiot appeared and I hit him. So I died instantly by flying out of the windshield. I died before even hitting the ground. How ludicrous and rubbish is that? That really f*cked up what I was try to do. 75 mph and I fly out the window, and die? But I can go 120 in a sedan and will not even fly out if I hit someone or thing.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Can only remember this happening maybe 2 or so times, it's pretty rare and if anything getting into car accidents should damage the player more.

It makes car chases more intense, when you have to quickly get out of the way because one bad move can mess you over.

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

I hate it to be honest, and it's not because we're bad drivers, but it's the fact that the game became too realistic, which eliminates the fun completely.

Don't get me wrong, I did want realism too, but when certain things happen (e.g I was going for that stunt jump at Rockford Plaza, and so I almost succeded, thing is I hit a pole mid-air, and BAM!!! Out the wind-sheild, and instant death, it's like the car lost all it's weight mid-air), it kills the mood most of the time, and the game becomes surrealism.

Oh yeah and hitting a another car on it's side while going atleast past 120mph will cause both cars to explode, like WTF....

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Well, I once died because a truck BUMPED into me. 

It was ridiculous. 

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

The first time I played through the game I got wind shield cannoned maybe twice. Every time after that play through it happens every 5 minutes.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, wtf is the problem? Why can't they just add goddamn seatbelts into the cars when it's a standard safety device in today's cars? It's pretty annoying to see the character(s) to move their upper body forward every time I brake the goddamn car.

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

I die when I max the speed out and I hit anything even a telephone poll. Realism makes the game suck. I play video games to escape reality and they just bring it back like wtf. I do not get why people say its rare. Whats rare is the cutscene of trevor flushing the foot down the toilet. Switch to trevor repeatly for hours and still have never seen it.

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by Ashes2AshesNN, 19 February 2014 - 05:33 PM.

[quote name="DIEXEL" post="1064782243" timestamp="1392829061"]

[quote name="trevor2smokes" post="1064777668" timestamp="1392770885"]

Yeah, wtf is the problem? Why can't they just add goddamn seatbelts into the cars when it's a standard safety device in today's cars? It's pretty annoying to see the character(s) to move their upper body forward every time I brake the goddamn car.[/quote]

Seatbelts is what we definantly need up in this b*tch

It can't be that hard to make an animation for the character to put a seatbelt on.... Right?

Lol I meant to quote from "Yeah" to "car."... My mistake

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

I usually laugh when it happens, I mean how many "OH SHI...!" moments are in GTA other than being flong from your car that was just going 100-120mph.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users