Blaze
  • Blaze

101.1 MSX FM in your manor.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

ill ask you murdoc since you're most likely to know, will i notice the difference between a 14 wheelbase and a 15? looked up the last few boards ive ridden and theyve all been 14/14.25. looking at this death which is a 15

http://www.nativeska...deck-8-5-p15113

just hoping 15 wouldnt f*ck me up too bad. gonna get some 55 bones stf v5s too. have some flicks of a sweeper, love that trick

nvGkUt7.jpg

PQWgS7V.jpg

• *MURDOC* and Failure like this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:39 AM

Longer wheelbase is usually for higher speed transition/park type skating and shorter is better for tech and street stuff.

Probably won't take long to get used to either way.

I like that deck.

• Blaze likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

Thanks dude, I tend to skate more park/transition than I do ledges/fliptricks plus flipping an 8.5 for more than a kickflip is hard :lol:  Gonna have to get some new wheels too, so many new wheels out there now f*cking STF V1 V2 V3 V4 55 SPF Formula Four Conical Full Conical Half Conical Classic etc etc, leaning towards some 55mm STF v5s though. Never had a Death board although I always for the most part try and buy UK deck companies so its a good shout, and Dave Allen is a rad as f*ck skater.

Sharing this cus it's a rad as f*ck video and it gets me hyped.

• *MURDOC* likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

finally bruh

3I0R6WQ.jpg

7BKTGGA.jpg

mwFNPfz.jpg

g8WDDlG.jpg

• Daz likes this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

I remember when you could buy them that small.

Anyway, Bones for life.

• Blaze likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

these stfs are so slippy i was cruising down the street did the first powerslide, slipped out and bruised my coccyx gg bones

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

Ha, yeah they're rock hard.

I need something slippy like that but as big a diameter as possible.

thesnowyguitar
  • thesnowyguitar

Big Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

Moderator locked my old topic apparently because I posted it in general off-topic chat instead of digging around the forums to find a specific skateboard chat, so I'll have to repost this here.

Hey all! So I have a question that I'm hoping could be answered by fellow skaters. I used to ride my skateboard a lot when I was younger (like when I was 10-12 years or so) until I wiped out really hard and never got back on again. I used to be actually decent for my age. Now I'm 17 and I decided that I was going to get back on, only to find out that I can't even stand on the damn thing anymore. I used to cruise on my skateboard all over the place for hours on end, throwing in the occasional manual or trick attempt here and there. I loved skateboarding, but at such a young age and to have had such a bad wipeout, it sort of psyched me out and I never got back on. It sucks now because my passion for skateboarding is burning once again, but I can barely get on it anymore. I went to the skatepark a week ago with a friend who skateboards because he said he could teach me. Well, he kinda isn't a good teacher. He's wanting me to drop into bowls and other hard stuff when I can barely stand on the board. I'm telling him he's trying to have my fly before I can crawl, that I'll get around to doing that stuff once I'm comfortable on the board and am able to ride it around like I used to. However, for whatever reason I'm having trouble with that part, and when I try to have him explain to me how to ride it, his words of wisdom are essentially "just do it". So I came here looking for guidance, tips, essentially anything that can help me be able to just ride the board again. My stance is goofy footed. I don't necessarily think that balancing is my main problem, although it is a part of it. When I try to ride the board, it feels like all the weight is in my knees and like my legs are trembling/about to buckle because I'm trying so hard not to fall, like I'm not relaxed on the board. When I try to push, I have difficulty rotating my front foot on the board. Probably once again a comfort thing. Because I can't turn my front foot on the board when I go to push, my front foot doesn't go sideways when cruising like my back foot and it doesn't go forward like it is supposed to when I push, it just sits kinda between the two. I hear some people say there is no trick or skill to riding a skateboard, that you just have to get on it and after so much time you'll just be able to do it. I'm not so sure if that's correct or not. Anyways, I'm looking for some guidance from fellow skaters. Any teachings, help, tips, or tricks that you can give to me to make it so I can ride the board again would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Blaze
  • Blaze

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

just ride it youll get comfy again eventually

Blaze
  • Blaze

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

finally bruh

3I0R6WQ.jpg

7BKTGGA.jpg

that board was a piece of sh*t

this one was okay, 8.5 death dave allen with a 15 inch wheelbase so it felt pretty rad

LAZTWK9.jpg

qkmCKJW.jpg

i waterlogged the sh*t out of it so now im whippin on this

T4Yt3vL.jpg

pijpsIP.jpg

8.5 toy machine, really f*ckin nice shape had to throw some riser pads in tho kept getting so much wheelbite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users