The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

The Skateboard Topic.

Haven't had one of these in a while.

Thought I'd might see how many skaters we got on this forum. Discuss anything related to skating, skateboards and skaters.

• Mister Pink likes this

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

My favorite skateboarder is Ryan Sheckler :lol: , I also like his little brother Kane.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Well, of course I like Tony Hawk, but I've always found Bob Burnquist to be one of my favorites as well. I remember watching his THPS:4 video a million times back in the day. 

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Anyone else seen the movie "The Motivation" ? It's about the Street Leagues by Rob Dyrdek.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by Ex Hellraiser, 23 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Two of my favorites have to be Danny Way and Jake Brown. The fact that they've taken some of the worst falls in Big Air history, and have gotten up to do it again is amazing.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well, of course I like Tony Hawk, but I've always found Bob Burnquist to be one of my favorites as well. I remember watching his THPS:4 video a million times back in the day. 

That was awesome hah. Bob has always been one of my favorites. I got to meet him in like 2003 at the B3s. Heck of a nice guy. Speaking of THPS videos, I remember seeing Rodney Mullen's on a game which was the first time I ever saw anything of his.. my jaw was on the floor the entire time. 

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 14 March 2014 - 05:42 PM.

My favorite skateboarder is Ryan Sheckler :lol: , I also like his little brother Kane.

Sheckler is a great skater, but a grade-A douchebag,

Watch Bones Brigade, it's a great documentary on some of the best skaters of the beginning of the big skateboarding breakout and of all time.

If you're the least bit interested in skating history or just want to see some truly amazing skating and learn about some dudes who are super cool and good people, you owe it to yourself to check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Another good doc. is the one about Skatopia, pretty amazing.

P.S. Rodney Mullen is a god.

• Mister Pink and Ex Hellraiser like this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

When I think of Sheckler, I parallel him with Justin Bieber. Talent (as much as I loathe to say it) but level 99 douchebaggery and more money than they know what to do with. Much more of a Nyjah Huston fan. He's done more than Sheckler ever did, and is a hell of a lot more humble. I've been keeping an eye on him since I got Tony Hawk's Project 8, and it is amazing when I realize he is only a year older than me, and this kid does this stuff on a daily basis, and has been for the last 6-7 years.

• *MURDOC* likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Pretty sick video Hellraiser.

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Does anyone here Skate. I'm having trouble learing how to Ollie & Pudh. Usually I have High Truck which I can push off without problems. Right now I have Low trucks which is making it real hard for me to Push.
Help to be grateful .

7nvd
  • 7nvd

Wakeboarder

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Well I Suck at skateboarding. But as for other boardsports, get help from friends or others around to show you. If you don't have that opportunity try YouTube videos or other videos for tips, but above all:

Practice, practice, fail, practice fail once more, practice..... Succeed or rage quit.

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

My favorite skaters are Ryan & Kane Sheckler & Leticia Bufoni.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Winner

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

C'mon guys these videos you guys are posting are a Shame. Go watch Girl Skateboards latest video "Pretty Sweet"

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Winner

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

It's not the trucks fault. Skating good comes with time and experience.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

My favorite used to be Chad Muska because of THPS, but I like Rodney Mullen much more now.

Also that perfect X-Game run from Bob Burnquist:

Tony Hawk and other commentators going crazy.

• *MURDOC* likes this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

C'mon guys these videos you guys are posting are a Shame. Go watch Girl Skateboards latest video "Pretty Sweet"

Make me.

Seriously though, quit f*cking whining.

Also, quit double-posting.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll have to start skateboarding again, I can barely move anymore, hope I don't instantly break my board in two.

Need to practive on QP with lip tricks, it's the only thing I've ever been good at, well that and doing stupid boneless tricks which shouldn't really count.

• *MURDOC* likes this

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have been doing this for almost a year now, I can cruise without a problem (thankfully it's been 6 months since the last time I fell doing that) but I really suck at doing tricks. I guess it's just as Danny Glover said many times: "I'm too old for this sh*t". :p Too bad I tried something as great as this too late. :/

I guess I'll just enjoy what I can while I can.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Birdman :D

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Mister Pink, 6 days ago.

Silly me, making an inline skating topic after this. Maybe OP, we can have the topics merged? I know a lot of people that skate boards and blades too, even BMX all together. Might work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users