Best and worst new vehicle design?

92 replies to this topic
man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Best: Cognescenti Cabrio 

Don't really have a least favourite, though I'm pretty peeved about some of the staple GTA vehicles that were completely left out, best example is the Stallion, which was in every game since GTA 1 (I'm so glad they finally brought the Stinger back though).

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by StingrayX, 22 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Reply to stingray (kinda late):
Ya do know the oracle II was based off the F10 5 series that actually came with door frames and HID's right? You could take it off your worst list now (:

Ya do know the Oracle II was based off the F06 6 series that actually came without door frames and only had xenons or LED's as options right? I couldn't take it off my worst list now. :(

628x417x2013-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe-fd.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Reply to stingray (kinda late):
Ya do know the oracle II was based off the F10 5 series that actually came with door frames and HID's right? You could take it off your worst list now (:

Ya do know the Oracle II was based off the F06 6 series that actually came without door frames and only had xenons or LED's as options right? I couldn't take it off my worst list now. :(

Naw I'm getting some 7 series vibes here. Especially from the back. Kinda makes sense since the Oracle 1 was an older 7 series.

Oracle_2_(Rear%26Side)-GTAV.jpg

bmw-2013-7-series-price2013-bmw-7-series

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

In case you are not aware, all new 5 series, 6 series, and 7 series look remarkably similar to each other. The car has influences from all 3 but has the sleek and low roofline of a 6 series Gran Coupe.
  • epoxi likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by ezfaun, 23 February 2014 - 05:12 PM.

In case you are not aware, all new 5 series, 6 series, and 7 series look remarkably similar to each other. The car has influences from all 3 but has the sleek and low roofline of a 6 series Gran Coupe.

I know that. But from what I can see, The roof line is negligible. There's multiple differences from the 6 series but there are less differences from the 7. Taking note that the 6 series has a bodyline crease from the rear leading up to the vent just before the wheelarch. As for the 7 series, it has a bodyline crease that starts from the rear and leads all the way up to the front headlights. Which is more akin to the Oracle II. There is also this crease at the rear bumper of the 7 series that follows up parallel to the shape of the rear light cluster. Of which, I will demonstrate below.

Oracle_2_RearampSide-GTAV_zpsc6ccee64.jp

Now do not take my replies as if I'm doing it to spite you. This is merely a gentleman's debate. We're merely here to debate what car most resembles a car from a video game. And as gentlemen, we acknowledge the views of another. If we do not, we must have a viable reason to back our opinions. At the end of the day, what matters is if we learnt something new from the debate. I for example was wrong thinking it was a 5 series and you were right that the 6 series looks more akin to the Oracle. But do however take into reference the pictures I have included above.

(Also, the part where you quoted me and copied what I have typed into the thread was a tad bit spiteful. I take no offense though as this debate has been useful to me. Good day)

• Blingy likes this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

I like the look of the new Feltzer, but it definitely shouldn't look like that stock.

It should have been just an updated version of the IV Feltzer, and then if you wanted to you then you could add the big body kit etc. at LSC.

It looks strange when you see 20 Feltzers with huge body kits all at once, it is a little too unrealistic.

• Ermac likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Best New Vehicle: Stinger GT

Best Re-Style: Stinger

Worst: Either the Asterope, the BF Injection, or the Stallion.

Stallion?

He's probably confused with another vehicle.
The Bucanneer maybe?

I said the Stallion, because I feel had they actually included it, they probably would've made it either the new Camaro, which I don't even want to go into detail about, or they would've made it the Cutlass-style again but they would've kept it with a single exhaust, those ugly-ass wheels, and those lame fender mirrors. That's one thing that's always bothered me about the Stallion, is the 240Z mirrors. Same with the Vigero.

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Best new car: I like many new cars, but I'm gonna say the Elegy, since I've had it from my first week in online.

Best redesign: I would say the Coquette. It looks nice, and yeah it's a cool car.

Worst new car: Can't say. New cars are good, some I dislike but no one in particular 

Worst redesign: That's the Blista for sure. As said, what happend with that lovely car? Would love if they put in the IV version of the Blista.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Best new car: I like many new cars, but I'm gonna say the Elegy, since I've had it from my first week in online.

Best redesign: I would say the Coquette. It looks nice, and yeah it's a cool car.

Worst new car: Can't say. New cars are good, some I dislike but no one in particular 

Worst redesign: That's the Blista for sure. As said, what happend with that lovely car? Would love if they put in the IV version of the Blista.

The Elegy isn't a new car.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Its actually unknown if Sanandeas' elegy is manufactured by annis, they could be different vehicles entirely!

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Oh. Then let's say the Entity is my favorite new car.  :santa:

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 23 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Best New Car: Monroe

Best Redesign: Coquette 

Worst New Car: Adder

Worst Redesign: Feltzer & Oracle II(certain angles) 

• ten-a-penny likes this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

The coquette looks like a badass decepticon. I like it better than the GTA IV version.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Best New Car: Grotti Carbonizzare  (It's just so well structured and has that hard top flare)
Best Redesign: Sentinel (This is how a redesign should be done! Never lose sight of the original concept!) 
Worst New Car: Adder (I've actually wanted a veyron in GTA for a while now but it was executed poorly) 
Worst Redesign: Feltzer & Blista (Feltzer should have taken a page out of the sentinels book and stuck closer to its roots, the Blista actually isn't a bad car in V but the fact that it tries to call itself a Blista is what I don't like)

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 08 March 2014 - 03:19 AM.

Best new car: Turismo R

Best redesign: Coquette

Worst new car: Not that I've ever driven it, but the Khamelion is actually pretty ugly.

Worst redesign: The Voodoo.. Because it is rusty, and that makes it look sh*t :p I don't think there are any bad thorough redesigns..

Best returning car: the Picador <3

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Best new car: Rat-Loader, Tailgater

Worst new car: Adder

Best redesign: BF Injection

Worst redesign: Coquette, Comet

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I know that. But from what I can see, The roof line is negligible. There's multiple differences from the 6 series but there are less differences from the 7. Taking note that the 6 series has a bodyline crease from the rear leading up to the vent just before the wheelarch. As for the 7 series, it has a bodyline crease that starts from the rear and leads all the way up to the front headlights. Which is more akin to the Oracle II. There is also this crease at the rear bumper of the 7 series that follows up parallel to the shape of the rear light cluster. Of which, I will demonstrate below.

Oracle_2_RearampSide-GTAV_zpsc6ccee64.jp

Now do not take my replies as if I'm doing it to spite you. This is merely a gentleman's debate. We're merely here to debate what car most resembles a car from a video game. And as gentlemen, we acknowledge the views of another. If we do not, we must have a viable reason to back our opinions. At the end of the day, what matters is if we learnt something new from the debate. I for example was wrong thinking it was a 5 series and you were right that the 6 series looks more akin to the Oracle. But do however take into reference the pictures I have included above.

(Also, the part where you quoted me and copied what I have typed into the thread was a tad bit spiteful. I take no offense though as this debate has been useful to me. Good day)
Of course the Oracle II has a lot of F01 7 series influence as the last Oracle was a 7 series. I just felt it had more 6 GC influence because of the wheelbase, not as long as a typical 740Li, and because Rockstr themselves classified it as a coupe on their site and in the guide book for some odd reason.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

Hollow

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

CCCD0304-6146-4588-B857-D6795B40833F.jpg

Here's my baby I was talking about.

its too much ricer, i wish they had to regular GTA IV version of the felzter along with this steroid one

• Scaglietti likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

I really like the new Bobcat. It's a very manly truck. 

I dislike the new Buccaneer because I really liked the old one.

• Blingy and ten-a-penny like this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

I'll be okay.

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:16 AM

• Best new car: Either 9F or Carbonizzare
  • Best redesign: Coquette (Jester if 3D era cars count)
  • Worst new car: Surge or Seminole
  • Worst redesign: Comet or Feltzer
  • Pavle likes this

THE CAPN
  • THE CAPN

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Best New Car: Bodhi (Awesome looking, tough truck)

Best Redesign: Buffalo (The new one looks a lot cooler than the IV one)

Worst New Car: Adder (Just don't like it)

Worst Redesign: Buccaneer (Slow, bad handling, and it looks bad)

• ten-a-penny likes this

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Best new Car: Vacca

Best Redesign: Sentinel, I love it

Worst New Car: Gauntlet, it is just ugly

Worst Redesign: Tie between Blista and Feltzer, both vehicles were my favorites in IV and they both were ruined in V.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

Loving the new Turismo, hating the new coquette 

• James K likes this

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

Whip's I diggin' to roll with; Cognoscenti Cabrio, Albany Alpha, Pagassi Vacca, Pagassi Monroe, Cheval Fugitive, Grotti Stinger, Truffade Adder & Bravado Gresley.

cpterp
  • cpterp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

Best redesigns: 

- Coquette

- Coquette

- Coquette (honestly this might the best designed car in any GTA especially compared to the weird looking C5/C6 hybrid in GTA IV. It even gives the real C7 Vette a run for its money

- Buffalo (Franklin's standard ride is definitely the best of the 3)

- Cavalcade

Best new cars:

- Carbonizzare (Almost looks better than the real Ferrari California) 

- Surano

- Felon sedan (gorgeous car from every angle and quick too)

- Exemplar (same as above)

- JB 700

- Voltic

- Jester

- Police Cruiser (Ford Taurus based. Why is there no civilian version???)

Worst new cars:

- Issi (While I hate Fiats and Smart cars I actually like Mini Coopers, but this fugly thing doesn't do them justice at all)

- BeeJay XL (4 headlamps make it look weird)

- Baller (The boxy one. Liked the Huntley sport from GTA IV much better, but now it's growing on me)

Worst redesign: 

- Feltzer. (Thought it was hideous at first but now its kinda of grown on me. Obvious attempt to copy the SL65 AMG Black Edition. They still should have kept the "normal" Feltzer even if it was kind of girly.)

Cars that need a redesign:

- Super Diamond (It just doesn't look nearly as impressive as the real life Phantom)

- Infernus (showing its age a little besides the newer super cars. Need a Reventon based one)

Btw I don't understand all the Blista hate. There are a lot of worse looking/driving cars.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Best new design: Khamelion 
Worst new design: Entity XF

Best re-design: Cheetah from GTA: SA

Worst re-design: Blista from GTA IV

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I'm pretty peeved about some of the staple GTA vehicles that were completely left out, best example is the Stallion, which was in every game since GTA 1 (I'm so glad they finally brought the Stinger back though).

I was a huge fan of the Stallion, particularly in the 3D era. It is too bad some cars end up being left out. It was great to see the Stinger back, and in the best form its ever appeared in!

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

I too think the blista should have either been called something else or they should have just imported IVs instead. Saying that it would be nice to see a lot of the IV era cars in V as older models of the cars in game. the feltzer did get beaten with the ugly stick but it still has some semblance of charm under all the plastic panels.
Worst redesigns: Coquette. The c7 is disgusting in my opinion, the c1 would have been better! honestly though the zr6 would have been the one to go for.

Buccaneer: ugly, full stop. should have used the stallion instead.

Blista: if it had any other name it wouldnt make this list as its a cool little car but unfortunately its here.

Worst new cars: Baller older style, the newer one is ok, why do we need another ugly SUV to go with the Cavalcade and Landstalker?

Exemplar: handles great and is fun to drive but everytime i look at it i think its been in a crash already or spent some time down at crush depth.

Best redesigns: the Jester is a good looking car, better than its SA counterpart though i loved that too.

Elegy: another good looking vehicle from the SA era

PCJ 600: I never ride it but it certainly looks better than its previous renditions

Best new cars: Monroe, you gotta love it! Carbonizzare, looks great. 9F - awesome tribute to the R8, especially the spyder version.

The felon and jackal are nice too!

I prefered the cheetah from VC, the turismo from IV and the NRG 500 from SA to most of the bikes in V.

This is just my opinion so remember, yours must be wrong!

HotringRacer1337
  • HotringRacer1337

Player Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

BEST:
New cars: Asea, Adder, Vacca, Prairie, Fugitive, Fusilade, Massacro, FQ2, Zentorno and Penumbra
Redesigns: Jester, Sadler

WORST:
New cars: i have none
Redesigns: Alpha, Voodoo, Coquette

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

BEST:
New cars: Asea, Adder, Vacca, Prairie, Fugitive, Fusilade, Massacro, FQ2, Zentorno and Penumbra
Redesigns: Jester, Sadler

WORST:
New cars: i have none
Redesigns: Alpha, Voodoo, Coquette

did you really have to bumb this  thread after all this time? :sarcasm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users