Photo

Interior Mods?

11 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

Is there a complete interior mod for IV, TLAD, and TBoGT?

I'm talking about a mod that lets you enter the interiors only used in missions and cutscenes that you can't normally enter in freeroam. Like that house Niko breaks into for the IAA guy, or the lawyer firm, or the MeTV building in TBoGT. And I don't mean being able to simply teleport to the interior. I want to be able to walk through the door and enter it like all the other interiors available in freeroam. So cops and enemies can follow you in there.

Is there such a mod? Would this even be possible?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Assuming the cutscene interior actually fits inside the building it is portrayed to be the interior of....

-First the map's collision data would need to be modified. remove collision for the fake door and add the collisions for inside. (I'm not sure if there is any actual collision data for the cs interiors. From a Game-Dev standpoint, they wouldn't be needed as cutscenes are completely animated.)
-Second the map's model would have to be modified. remove the fake door and add the interior.

This should be enough to allow the player to enter, but it still has no door and the police and other pedestrians are not likely to follow you through the doorway due to there not being any path data through the doorway.

Unfortunately that is the extent of my map knowledge.
I too would love to see this done. It is possible, but it will take a very dedicated modeler I think.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Makes sense.

What about the interiors used in missions? There's Oleg's(?) apartment that Niko breaks into and uses the laptop. There's the lawyer firm. There may be others but I can't remember. Point being, those ones have doors that are unlocked during missions and you can freely walk into them.

Oh! And some of the apartments in the buildings during a couple of story and vigilante missions. Not sure if those are unlocked during freeroam too, but I assume they aren't.

There's the MeTV building in TBoGT, but police don't repel from helicopters like they did in the old games or V, so they wouldn't be able to follow you in there.

But yeah, what about interiors that are used in missions?

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

You can do that with Simple Native Trainer, but you can only teleport inside.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

You can do that with Simple Native Trainer, but you can only teleport inside.

For the cutscene interiors you'd still need a mod that "load" them, if I'm not mistaken.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Well, I don't know what you mean because with this trainer, I'm able to enter cutscene interiors without any problem (except some collisions, maybe).

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Well, I don't know what you mean because with this trainer, I'm able to enter cutscene interiors without any problem (except some collisions, maybe).

There are quite a few you cant enter. Like the community center you go see Manny in, for example.

TLFdjobaw
  • TLFdjobaw

What?

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

Assuming the cutscene interior actually fits inside the building it is portrayed to be the interior of....
-First the map's collision data would need to be modified. remove collision for the fake door and add the collisions for inside. (I'm not sure if there is any actual collision data for the cs interiors. From a Game-Dev standpoint, they wouldn't be needed as cutscenes are completely animated.)
-Second the map's model would have to be modified. remove the fake door and add the interior.
This should be enough to allow the player to enter, but it still has no door and the police and other pedestrians are not likely to follow you through the doorway due to there not being any path data through the doorway.

Unfortunately that is the extent of my map knowledge.
I too would love to see this done. It is possible, but it will take a very dedicated modeler I think.

I agree with this, but for the lawyer office, u just need to delete the door collision, because the interior was already attached on the building

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by RSR_Commander, 07 May 2014 - 10:44 AM.

Actually, nkjellman made something like that way back in 2011. A EFLC to IV interior mod, like with the billboard updates, accessible nightclubs and clubhouses, along with the MeTV building you've been talking about and even the Dragon Heart Plaza from TBoGT's Chinese Takeout, and yes, cops and enemies can follow you all the way there. It's still available somewhere on MODDB. I could post the link, but I'm not sure whether that's allowed here. Just search up "gta eflc interiors" or something. No cutscene interiors, though. Oh, and backup your componentpeds.img before installing.

• cp1dell and RoadRunner71 like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Actually, nkjellman made something like that way back in 2011. A EFLC to IV interior mod, like with the billboard updates, accessible nightclubs and clubhouses, along with the MeTV building you've been talking about and even the Dragon Heart Plaza from TBoGT's Chinese Takeout, and yes, cops and enemies can follow you all the way there. It's still available somewhere on MODDB. I could post the link, but I'm not sure whether that's allowed here. Just search up "gta eflc interiors" or something. No cutscene interiors, though. Oh, and backup your componentpeds.rpf before installing.

http://www.moddb.com...dates-to-gta-iv
  • cp1dell likes this

TLFdjobaw
  • TLFdjobaw

What?

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Actually, nkjellman made something like that way back in 2011. A EFLC to IV interior mod, like with the billboard updates, accessible nightclubs and clubhouses, along with the MeTV building you've been talking about and even the Dragon Heart Plaza from TBoGT's Chinese Takeout, and yes, cops and enemies can follow you all the way there. It's still available somewhere on MODDB. I could post the link, but I'm not sure whether that's allowed here. Just search up "gta eflc interiors" or something. No cutscene interiors, though. Oh, and backup your componentpeds.rpf before installing.

Well, I've seen this mod before, but the size is very big, and I'm quite unsure if the mod stable or not

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

it is stable I use it whenever I reinstall gta iv. it is great, though I dont think it makes any gta iv interiors accessible but most dlc interiors are included.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users