Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you like to do Rooftop Rumble...?

102 replies to this topic
Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Others shoot up the ppl, i run around and shoot some to. Then i grab the briefcase and ride it to its destination with a Faggio. Then sometimes people try to kick me out of the mission because it takes to long.

• JeepXJFreak98 likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

For me it's:

Start mission

Call Pegasus for my Cargobob

Go to the mission marker.

Park a car/van near the entrance, take cover and unleash hell from the front.

If the guy with the briefcase is lucky to escape I'll pursue him and kill him.

Once I have the briefcase I head to wherever Pegasus have left my chopper (usually the Hospital roof)

Fly my cargobob to Martin Madrazo's marker.

Win

Wait you buy a cargobob?
It's a glitch in the game. I think I heard it was patched with 1.10.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

I just tested this to see how long it would take me to do this mission from when I click "yes I would like to host/start this mission" until I respawned outside of Madrazzo's house.   It took me 5 minutes on the nose... wouldn't mind seeing this in a playlist. That would probably shave off a minute.

I like to use my entity for this and use the dirt road below the checkpoint... a lot easier than going alllllll the way around.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 18 February 2014 - 11:56 AM.

On hard, on free-aim and ALONE.

I take my sweet ass time, make sure I put on the black bulletproof vest and drive normal to the parking structure in my black Futo.

I park between the bridge and the structure, then I sneak up on them for roleplaying purposes then I throw a grenade on the SUV then kill anyone around the car in the middle with the AP Pistol, from here on out the AP Pistol is the only weapon I use.

Then I make sure and kill every professional in there, after that I walk around collecting their monies and ammo before I pick up the briefcase.  After that, I pick it up and ready myself for the other assholes about to show up.

I kill them all using different cover with the AP Pistol.  When that's done, I walk slowly to my car then drive casually to Martin's.

Also, without ever losing a life.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by CenMan, 18 February 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Call helicopter, stand on the hedge on the right, shoot everyone inside with assault shotgun, come around to the front, shoot the 3 guys there, shoot the helicopter pilot, collect whatever it is, get in the chopper and get out.

I like to jump out of the helicopter straight into the marker without opening my parachute. I die, the thing is still delivered. I usually miss though. It's funny when you're with someone else, just wait for them to go to the marker and fall to your death face first onto the concrete completing the mission.

It usually takes less than one full magazine to kill all the guys inside the building, I don't let go of the trigger and just switch between targets on auto aim. I usually sweep from the left to the right and back again. It takes maybe 5-6 seconds.

Franklin7
  • Franklin7

A big Franklin fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Make sure i have my blue entity xf avainble 

Kill two pro's at the entrance 

Go to the back

Grenade launcher few guys without damaging document 

grab the document and leg it 

]

Get in enttiy 

Suv's attack me but fail because bulletproof tires and bulletproof rear 

:lol:

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I played it two times today. One time on Normal, one on Hard.  What I like to do is, like usual, blow stuff up. One grenade launcher in the cars, a few more outside, stickys on the cars that follow next, and done. 

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Has the payout dropped for this mission now? Did it last night with 3 others and we got $12,250 ...or something like that...

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Has the payout dropped for this mission now? Did it last night with 3 others and we got $12,250 ...or something like that...

First time on normal ( because the host was too busy squeeking through the mic ) I got $31.xxx, second time $13.xxx (4k RP on second time but hosted by myself so it was on Hard)

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 18 February 2014 - 03:51 PM.

I farmed it a bit this morning.. got the usual $18,500 (on hard setting).. 3650 RP. 

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

hmmmm grab the chopper first no?

By myself...

1. Get in car, call Buzzard while driving... go to hospital to grab it.

2. Park chopper near garage (without tripping missions start)

3. Go to side of garage and waste guys inside

4. Waste guys at the front

5. Grab briefcase and get in chopper

6. Fly to Medrazo's

With 2 or more people

Same as above, except the peeps with me can do steps 3-4 while I get my buzzard. Once I am en-route they grab the briefcase while I am landing out front. They get in and away we go.

Why the buzzard? Only because it's smaller and is much easier to land in front of the garage when doing it with 2 peeps or more.

Anyway, much easier to get the chopper ahead of time. Entire thing takes only a few min to do... (kinda boring really... up there with Coveted/Pot Shot)

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by CenMan, 18 February 2014 - 04:07 PM.

By myself...

6. Fly to Medrazo's

With 2 or more people

Same as above, except the peeps with me can do steps 3-4 while I get my buzzard. Once I am en-route they grab the briefcase while I am landing out front. They get in and away we go.

Why the buzzard? Only because it's smaller and is much easier to land in front of the garage when doing it with 2 peeps or more.

Anyway, much easier to get the chopper ahead of time. Entire thing takes only a few min to do... (kinda boring really... up there with Coveted/Pot Shot)

The merryweather helicopter is much faster. Just call before you start, go kill the guys, and he's usually there.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

The merryweather helicopter is much faster. Just call before you start, go kill the guys, and he's usually there.

This seems to be the fastest method. Will try this tonite thx.w

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by theGypsy, 18 February 2014 - 04:40 PM.

By myself...

6. Fly to Medrazo's

With 2 or more people

I guess, will try it... but that dickhead of a pilot can take his sweet time landing or sometimes, not at all if there's lights/telephone poles in the way. I can see this going a bit wrong at times. And hey, with 2 or more peeps, no biggie having one go grab a chopper, it's literally right around the corner (hospital). I'll give it a go

And, isn't the MW call $1000 as opposed to the $200 Pegasus charge?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 18 February 2014 - 04:54 PM.

I spawn with Adder or Voltic nearby. I drive to the bushes part of the building, park the car near the exit close to the bridge. I climb up on top of them and blind shoot with an AA-12 over the wall. That usually kills every enemy without any risk of getting hurt. Sometimes the guards on the far exits survive but easily dealt with by changing into an Assault Rifle. Jump over the wall I am taking cover, take the case and run to my car. Can't really describe my route but good tip is staying on the right most lane, lower risk of getting rammed by a SUV enemy. Usually the same no matter how many players there are. I done it so much that I'm always the case carrier. I seen others try the helicopter methods but actually feels like it takes more time.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

isnt anything as annoying as some noob joining your session and screwing it all up.

i did a invite thinking maybe it would help. noob joins...

i start the mission from the spawn point of the end of the mission, the noob starts right at the warehouse. so i speed there in my entity, i see "noob123 has died" 1 life left...

then i see noob has died again, mission failed... smh...

my strategy is to play this alone, forget the extra RP...

• gitmowaterboard and RAS_ZeroZ like this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

How can someone screw it up? Anyway just played it again

-went to the side of the carpark, killed two guys

- someone took the briefcase

- me and the others did a stunt jump competition until the other played delivered it.

Took two minutes.

The host then invited me back to it 4-5 more times. Did the same thing.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

i press R1 a lot & then X, and then R2. sometimes while I'm holding R2 down, I move the left stick left or right. i may or may not press triangle at least twice.

OutrageHash
  • OutrageHash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by OutrageHash, 18 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Step 1: Call Merryweather Helicopter Pickup outside the garage

Step 2: Kill the Merryweather Pilot when he comes to pick me up

Step 3: Kill everyone in the garage

Step 4: Get the Briefcase

Step 5: Get in the Merryweather Helicopter and fly to Martin's

Step 6: Parachute to the checkpoint from said helicopter.

Step 7: Hit the strip club and make it rain

Skims 1k off the top of my take, but on hard with free aim Rooftop Rumble is 18750 and most of the time i run missions I have one or two friends and we all switch off eating the 1k merryweather pickup

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'll try the helicopter method.

As for the name of the mission, it should have been called 'The Parking Garage', and TPG should have been called 'Rooftop Rumble'.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Skims 1k off the top of my take, but on hard with free aim Rooftop Rumble is 18750 and most of the time i run missions I have one or two friends and we all switch off eating the 1k merryweather pickup

You switched step 2 and 3, you can kill all the guys while you wait for the helicopter to land.

By myself...

6. Fly to Medrazo's

With 2 or more people

I guess, will try it... but that dickhead of a pilot can take his sweet time landing or sometimes, not at all if there's lights/telephone poles in the way. I can see this going a bit wrong at times. And hey, with 2 or more peeps, no biggie having one go grab a chopper, it's literally right around the corner (hospital). I'll give it a go

And, isn't the MW call $1000 as opposed to the $200 Pegasus charge?

Yeah, he can really f*ck up a lot. Your best bet from my experience is to call right where you spawn, it should be the very first thing you do. He lands it nicely almost every time. If not, there's other options of course.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

isnt anything as annoying as some noob joining your session and screwing it all up.

i start the mission from the spawn point of the end of the mission, the noob starts right at the warehouse. so i speed there in my entity, i see "noob123 has died" 1 life left...

How is that mission failed? Its just up to you then while he spectates...no?

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

He probably destroyed the package.

OutrageHash
  • OutrageHash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

You switched step 2 and 3, you can kill all the guys while you wait for the helicopter to land.

Thats what my crew members are for. If you paid for the helicopter, you can hang back and secure the getaway

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Go to the rear of the parking lot without triggering the yellow halo.

Take cover at the outer wall.

Grenade launcher the gauntlet on the right, this will kill several of the bad guys.

Shoot everyone currently in sight, usually with a shotgun.

Switch to rifle and take out the guy at the front door directly in front of you.

Move to the other rear door, back to shotgun, take cover, three guys here one usually right by you, the other two behind the suv, just shoot through it.

Back to rifle, take out the guy at the front door.

Back to the other rear door, run through it, over the hood of the parked car, take out the other guy by the front door

Go to the rear door where you started, take cover just inside it or against the blue wall, keep an eye where the four grangers are coming from - sometimes back or front, situate yourself as needed when they run or drive in take em down. 

Pick up all cash/ammo etc that gets dropped, this pays for the ammo you just used.

Take a leisurely drive to the drop off point.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

no its apparently "team" lives not 1 each like you would think  it should be... so if someone dies 2x the other player is screwed

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Played it repeatedly on Sunday, on hard and each time with 3 others. One of us went round the back, when they were in position 2 of us started shooting from the front, then the player at the back opened fire and we cleaned them out. Meanwhile the 4th player readied the getaway car and all 4 of us took out the SUVs before driving to Martin. One time the getaway car was a Roosevelt so I hung off the side with the tommy gun, which was great until we drove too close to a tree and I got knocked off!

RossCA
  • RossCA

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Remind me again why in the hell it's called Rooftop Rumble?

The best theory I have heard is that the name got swapped with High Priority Case.

You just may be right about that. I never thought of that.

gitmowaterboard
  • gitmowaterboard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Remind me again why in the hell it's called Rooftop Rumble?

When I land on Martin Madrazo's roof with my buzzard it rumbles.

JeepXJFreak98
  • JeepXJFreak98

Corrupting Halls Of Fame Since 1996

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Managed to survive this mission with a BF Surfer.  :lol:

The incredibly retarded traffic didn't really affect me at all since I was truckin' along at a snail's pace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users