Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you like to do Rooftop Rumble...?

102 replies to this topic
Sangers
  • Sangers

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

It doesn't matter if the mission takes 1.5mins or 5mins to complete. You still have to wait about 10mins in total for loading into the game and loading back into free roam.

10 minutes in loading times? I'd never do this, if that were the case. What kinda third world interweb you usin' bwa?

It's literally less than a minute between hosting job from the pause menu to get into the game for me.

Maybe I'm exaggerating. I'll time it tonight. It's definitely not less than a minute though with the time taken for people to "join" the game. I would guesstimate that there's about 30 secs for the mission to load for me, 2 minutes for friends to be added and join, 45 seconds for the game to load up once I hit start, then at the end, there's a review screen that can take up to 90 seconds for everyone to vote whether they like/dislike the job and click continue, then there's the voting screen. If you back out of that, you may have to wait 2 minutes to get back to free roam.

So that's about 7 minutes in total.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

What's Rooftop Rumble? 

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

Have none of you ever played this mission before? Lol.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

What's Rooftop Rumble? 

Serious question? A mission that pays $18,750. pause menu > online > jobs > r* created > missions > rooftop rumble.

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Geez I wonder what this board would be like if the mission was the way it was at launch now. Just destroy the document mission passed.

Lol

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

What's Rooftop Rumble? 

Serious question? A mission that pays $18,750. pause menu > online > jobs > r* created > missions > rooftop rumble.

Never played it before hmmm. 

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

- Start mission

- Bring car alongside the wall with the hedge.

- Climb up hedge/wall

- Grenade launch all the cars except the usually black sedan closer to the player.

- Use a Carbine Rifle on the remaining 2 - 3 guys.

- Climb over the wall grab the documents

- Get in the car

- Speed and try not to mess up by crashing

If you have someone else playing its best to get them to:

- Wait in the car so when you grab the documents they can reverse into the garage and pick you up then take off.

- Send them around the front of the garage and let them machine gun a few of the front blokes.

- Have them grab your helicopter or any helicopter and bring it nearby

Done in around 3 - 4 minutes

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Get in Entity XF.

Call Merry Weather for Buzzard.

Back Entity towards garage with professionals.

Shoot two professionals to the right, one to the left then the one that runs towards you.

Professional gets in car and drives away which you shoot once he exits alley way.

Take documents and drive to hospital with Buzzard on top.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 18 February 2014 - 02:36 AM.

Note any missions a joke with auto aim but that said..

I like the back entrance by the bridge, this pillar just matches the length of my Entity;

Parking here in turn also presents a straight shot drag for the last leg

No chance of activating the documents before enemies are dead

You can throw a cheap grenade (maybe two) on the right side of pillar that will essentially wipe out 70 percent of the enemies (without damaging documents.)

Dropping the stragglers is an exercise in target practice and a good fast driver can beat a buzzard if you take into account the diversion that is obtaining the buzzard in the first place.

Also 200 bucks for a relatively short trip with a helicopter doesn't interest me.

There's a lot of negligible approaches since its a simple mission, there's different ways to tackle it; this mission was the sh*t before 1.03. 

Literally a ten second mission, 25k a pop, replay.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

- Start mission

- Climb up hedge/wall

- Grenade launch all the cars except the usually black sedan closer to the player.

- Get in the car

- Wait in the car so when you grab the documents they can reverse into the garage and pick you up then take off.

- Send them around the front of the garage and let them machine gun a few of the front blokes.

Similar to mine, I like to use the tommy gun to mow everyone down, though. Paranoid to use explosives in these missions, don't want to destroy the documents, even though I know where the guy is.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by Lay, 18 February 2014 - 02:54 AM.

Go to the side of the car park. Kill a few. Then let someone pick up the case. Do the stunt jump around the corner until they deliver it.
  • blackmyst likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 18 February 2014 - 03:17 AM.

- free aim hard

- get buzzard

- minigun everyone

-get documents

-fly to drop off

die once during the mission to refill minigun ammo for free.

only after ive spent most of the ammo on previous runs.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

I like your avatar.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

SpiffyFlawlessBuck.gif

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

Remind me again why in the hell it's called Rooftop Rumble?

The best theory I have heard is that the name got swapped with High Priority Case.
  • KnobCheez and Ibareny like this

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Strange Theme

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

I do the mission as normal, and since I hate to die, I get out of my car every time that hitmen-breeding machine keeps producing their men in Grangers after me and kill them. It's annoying. More annoying is when I press triangle and my character doesn't enter my personal vehicle. It only happens in this mission.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

- I starts at the other end of the building - the back door 

- get there, without triggering the yellow spot

- take cover at the corner of the building (near the river) then you will see those guys line up inside the building

- shot them all

- go the other exterence, usually they have a SUV blocked there, kill the guys there

- shot the guy at the yellow spot

- everyone is dead, you see the brief case, then go to the yellow spot ot active it

- take the document, sometime I wait those 4 SUV and clear them aswell

-drive to Martin

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

I do the mission as normal, and since I hate to die, I get out of my car every time that hitmen-breeding machine keeps producing their men in Grangers after me and kill them. It's annoying. More annoying is when I press triangle and my character doesn't enter my personal vehicle. It only happens in this mission.

That's why initially I would wait once I grabbed the documents. The 4 (it's always 4) SUVs will come to you at the garage and you can mow them down as you please, then you're free to drive back to Madrazo's. Now I just outrun them to the hospital and hop in a chopper.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

Park my car around back, go up on the hedges to the right of the place. RPG into the back wall killing everyone over there. Tommy Gun everyone else. Grab the stuff, hop in my car drive to martins.

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

The best theory I have heard is that the name got swapped with High Priority Case.

Makes sense.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Almost every quick mission I joined on Saturday was this. Got burned out quick.

I just shoot the few guys by door. Use grenade launcher to pop the one car on right and send a couple grenades on left. The one in door,.Then the ones toward back all go up. Shoot anyone left. Fast car. Done.

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Non-Humans are Cutest!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 18 February 2014 - 05:54 AM.

I put the settings on hard, spawn in with a sniper rifle. Immediately headshot two dudes with one bullet -most of the time; body shots sometimes happen- before the sniper's scope even renders, then run towards the entrance, killing people with my Tommy gun who are in front. I shoot a car on the left door's side; it blows up without me wasting too much ammo. When I do this, the guy with the briefcase starts to get away. I run to the right door and kill him as soon as the car starts moving, kill the rest of the people in there, drive my entity to the briefcase, grab it, then drive to Madrazo's. Pretty simple, and takes about 3-5 minutes.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

I take cover behind the booth in the parking lot across the street, kill 4-5 enemies. Move up, take out the rest. Pick up briefcase. Then I'll either just speed off or sometimes I'll wait and take care of the SUV's. Solo there's always 4. Depends on my mood

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:07 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 18 February 2014 - 07:11 AM.

Solo, I did it 137 times yesterday, only died during the last 3 rounds when my eyes couldn't take it anymore. Solo for me is the way to go, randoms never. I'll set up a blocking positon across the street with my PV which gives me a good line of sight to the target with the documents. Once I thin the herd, I move up to corner up, the enemies on the left side entrance 1-2 rounds with the Grenade launcher. Usually I have 1-2 left, go in kill them get the docs and get out of dodge. Takes me 3 and half minutes tops depending on traffic, seems like there's allot of speeding NPC drunk drivers when I do RTR.

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

I just get my entity back up to the parking garage, then shoot a few guns, after I ap pistol a few guy and blow up a car or two (the ap pistol is good at that) some bozo professional tries driving down the back ally behind the garage. I just cut them off in the ally shoot the guy, calming get out, get the case.

Then just speed all the way back. Usually get it done around 3 mins, record was 2 mins 32 seconds.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

- Start mission

- Climb up hedge/wall

- Get in the car

this is pretty much my method. although i wouldnt waste the money on grenade launcher ammo, AP pistol does a fine job...

i also turn directly left after the car park and through the alley way, if you follow the yellow GPS route its waay too long, jsut go from the hedges, hang an immediate left, then its a straight run till you take a right towards the lsc, blast upto martins...

with how quick i do this in an entity (bullet proof rear from the SUV and BP tyres), id actually waste more time ordering a heli, takes me 4 mins 35 seconds to go from selecting RR in the mission menu, to completing the mission, backing into FR reloading and pressing play again, so about 3 mins mission time, with 1 min 30 loading times

yup,

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Over and over again. :D
If you want to prove who's the fastest. Check out my race, 'The Rooftop Rumble Run'

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:00 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 18 February 2014 - 11:01 AM.

For me it's:

Start mission

Call Pegasus for my Cargobob

Go to the mission marker.

Park a car/van near the entrance, take cover and unleash hell from the front.

If the guy with the briefcase is lucky to escape I'll pursue him and kill him.

Once I have the briefcase I head to wherever Pegasus have left my chopper (usually the Hospital roof)

Fly my cargobob to Martin Madrazo's marker.

Win

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Over and over again. :D
If you want to prove who's the fastest. Check out my race, 'The Rooftop Rumble Run'

i was actually thinking about whether anyone had set a race up along the RR route back to madrazzos house,,, although do you take the GPS route or do you hang the second left after you head up the hills towards martins house?? that shaves a good few seconds as your not climbing uphill anymore and its a quicker route IMO...

utb1528
  • utb1528

SRS Inc. Lt.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

For me it's:

Start mission

Call Pegasus for my Cargobob

Go to the mission marker.

Park a car/van near the entrance, take cover and unleash hell from the front.

If the guy with the briefcase is lucky to escape I'll pursue him and kill him.

Once I have the briefcase I head to wherever Pegasus have left my chopper (usually the Hospital roof)

Fly my cargobob to Martin Madrazo's marker.

Win

Wait you buy a cargobob?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users