Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you like to do Rooftop Rumble...?

102 replies to this topic
blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by blackmyst, 18 February 2014 - 12:42 AM.

I am a control freak, so I usually get annoyed with people joining my lobby and acting like morons. I played Rooftop yesterday and my teammate just drove his dirt bike into the LS river and drove around while I finished the mission. That wasn't a big deal since he didn't just grab the documents and drive off to get auto-head shotted by the professionals, but I till found it irritating. Anyway, what's your ideal way to complete this mission and it annoys you if one thing is done differently?

For me...

- Start mission
- Call Pegasus. Deliver a Frogger nearby. Set waypoint for Frogger on top of the hospital
- Drive over to side of garage (the right side, if you are facing the garage like you were at the start of mission) climb up hedges/wall and get into cover beneath the open window/empty space in the wall.
- Mow everyone in garage down with Gusenberg. - this is when 90% of my matchmade teammates scramble to grab the documents and speed off on a Faggio
- Climb down, Swing around the corner and kill the 3 guys in front. 
- Get back in car, pull into garage via the back entrance, pick up documents and speed to Frogger.
- I used to grab the documents and get into cover and unload on the 4 SUVs full of dudes, now I just run to Helicopter.
- Get in helicopter and skydive into Martin's place.
- takes about 3 minutes if done properly.

Special Agent 25
  • Special Agent 25

Formerly L5B4LiF3

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

for me its 

-start mission

- have fast car nearby (ideally any super or sports or anything fast) 

- i get in the car, line in up outside the garage and my teammate goes on the other side

- we kill all the dudes and he grabs the briefcase

- he hops in my car, we drive off

takes just under 3 minutes..

• UchihaRingo and SaturdayNight like this

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Alone

• rnb010, ShinobiFixer, kstowe and 4 others like this

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Capture And Release

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

For me it's like this:

Before going in guns blazing, I'll order a Buzzard.

Then I'll go in guns blazing, throw a few grenades, blow up the briefcase, die a few times... wait no, I should take missions seriously and stop being a tosspot.

But in all seriousness, I'll order a Buzzard, kill the first people at the front, blind fire with the assault shotgun and if the guy drives away, I'll chase and kill him, after that I'll drive to the Buzzard (at the Hospital) and fly to Martin's.

Easy as that.

• sid_vicious74 likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by blackmyst, 18 February 2014 - 12:49 AM.

Alone

I hear ya. I've done most of them by myself, a bunch were done with two of my friends who don't get on much, but there's still the occasional random who joins my lobby and I shrug and do it with him. Usually always a regret. :[

Am I the only one who uses the little window spaces in the garage? They're a great vantage point for ambushes, you have vision of everyone in the room.

I know I'm not the only one.

• rnb010 likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by Black Rabbit, 18 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

I can tell you one thing: I never go onto a rooftop to do this "Rooftop Rumble".....

• mmm chocolate, ShinobiFixer, tjor24 and 15 others like this

DBN
  • DBN

Redemption 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Face car direction of waypoint to madrazo, shoot and kill guy with documents, drive off. Simple. No need for a frogger..
  • mmm chocolate, HBSanta and Hoosierdaddy76 like this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

No need for strategies, because that mission is very easy.

• XJpostman likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Usually its -

1 - Host job

2 - Wait for players

3 - Launch mission

4 - Go for a smoke

5 - Exit voting screen at end of mission

6 - Repeat
  • meatrocket8, Dementious, RAS_ZeroZ and 6 others like this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by blackmyst, 18 February 2014 - 12:55 AM.

Face car direction of waypoint to madrazo, shoot and kill guy with documents, drive off. Simple. No need for a frogger..

There's no need for a lot of things, they simply make it faster. I used to drive every time, but I've since evolved to the superior method.

I don't know that it's a strategy as much as the fastest way of doing it for me. After farming it over and over, you tend to develop a routine. Just wanted to see how other people who are farming it over and over have developed their routine. Who said it was hard? Lolol. I finish the mission with full health and armor. I do like to time myself and try to shave a few seconds, which is why I made this thread.

Usually its -

1 - Host job

2 - Wait for players

3 - Launch mission

4 - Go for a smoke

5 - Exit voting screen at end of mission

6 - Repeat

I should do that. I can't help but play though.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Alone. Come in between bridge and garage and park car. I used to toss grenade in first door with car poking out and then another right behind it, But now with the tommy gun I hide behind the wall between the two doors and blast everyone on the right side then the left side go in and then it starts the mission by dropping case. Pick it up and if I feel like playing bumper cars I will race off. If I don't I wait for the four cars to show up and kill the npc and just drive and quietly back.

• blackmyst likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

That tommy gun is something else. Such love, so wow.

• gitmowaterboard likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

I don't know that it's a strategy as much as the fastest way of doing it for me. After farming it over and over, you tend to develop a routine. Just wanted to see how other people who are farming it over and over have developed their routine. Who said it was hard? Lolol. I finish the mission with full health and armor.

I understand, I just use RPG and then run with super car. I usually finish it in like 5/6 min. Maybe i should try to use buzzard and play with other players.

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

for me its 

-start mission

- have fast car nearby (ideally any super or sports or anything fast) 

- i get in the car, line in up outside the garage and my teammate goes on the other side

- we kill all the dudes and he grabs the briefcase

- he hops in my car, we drive off

takes just under 3 minutes..

Call for helicopter, 1.5min

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by blackmyst, 18 February 2014 - 01:06 AM.

I don't know that it's a strategy as much as the fastest way of doing it for me. After farming it over and over, you tend to develop a routine. Just wanted to see how other people who are farming it over and over have developed their routine. Who said it was hard? Lolol. I finish the mission with full health and armor.

I understand, I just use RPG and then run with super car. I usually finish it in like 5/6 min. Maybe i should try to use buzzard and play with other players.

Try it out man, I was stubborn and kept using my Akuma to run back to Madrazo's but this has been working nicely. Timing the perfect skydive to land in Martin's driveway is interesting as well, to me.

Also, I would be using the Buzzard but I was always under the impression that the Frogger was slightly faster. Maybe it's just in my head, I swear it feels faster.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:07 AM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 February 2014 - 01:08 AM.

I've noticed sometimes when you stop next to the police station up the street from the garage to fight the back-up that arrives in Grangers, NPC police driving in regular cars nearby will stop to attack the attackers. Slower than just doing it yourself, but kinda amusing to suddenly see other characters providing unexpected back-up.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

It doesn't matter if the mission takes 1.5mins or 5mins to complete. You still have to wait about 10mins in total for loading into the game and loading back into free roam.

• meatrocket8 likes this

Nocturnaldemon
  • Nocturnaldemon

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Naked.

• blackmyst likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:12 AM Edited by blackmyst, 18 February 2014 - 01:13 AM.

It doesn't matter if the mission takes 1.5mins or 5mins to complete. You still have to wait about 10mins in total for loading into the game and loading back into free roam.

10 minutes in loading times? I'd never do this, if that were the case. What kinda third world interweb you usin' bwa?

It's literally less than a minute between hosting job from the pause menu to get into the game for me.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Remind me again why in the hell it's called Rooftop Rumble?

• brose_sfr and psilocybonaut like this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

After you shoot the doods and steal the dox you're supposed to climb up to the roof and throwdown Royal Rumble style, alas, everyone just dashes to Martin's.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 18 February 2014 - 01:28 AM.

Love this mission!

For me:

- Host Job / Start Mission 

- Run to the rear of the car park

- Hide behind wall and Carbine Rifle the professionals

- Run in car park, finish off the last few professionals at the entrance and grab Documents

- Get into one of the cars (Sometimes I might wait it out for the 4x4's to come around and Grenade Launcher them)

- Drive to Martin's house

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Try the windows on the side of the garage! sh*t is so cash. Then again I suppose it's not necessary.

Hector Tavares
  • Hector Tavares

Formally JeepXJFreak98

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by ZDUPH, 18 February 2014 - 01:36 AM.

- Have one person in the front and another stationed in the back with an RPG/grenade launcher or explosive of any kind to blow up the vehicles along the side with the Gauntlet and SUVs. This will take out almost everyone.
- Shoot down the last few members, and should the guy with the document manage to attempt a getaway in the Fugitive, have your vehicle parked to where he'll try to go around it and end up driving into a wall.
- Kill him, grab the document, and quickly hop in your car. Have the document driver in front and the other player(s) behind him/her in separate cars, fighting off the enemy Grangers while the document holder makes a run for it. Having more than one car during the mission will confuse the Grangers into going after non-document holders while the document holder makes a clean escape.
- On the 2nd fork in the road going up Vinewood Hills, make a left instead of going right. This will shrink down the amount of time taken during the mission. Going right is about a 1/2 mile, while going left is about a 1/4 mile.
- Then slide into Martin's driveway, and you're done. Rinse and repeat until satisfied.

BONUS: Have your buddies in the same crew and make sure you're playing with friends. This will add to the total RP you earn during the mission, effectively boosting it to around 4,500 - 4,600RP.

barchma
  • barchma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

For me it's
- Start mission
- blow up 2 cars
- Kill rest of enemies
- Provide documents

Hector Tavares
  • Hector Tavares

Formally JeepXJFreak98

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:37 AM Edited by ZDUPH, 18 February 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Usually when I do Rooftop Rumble grinding I'm listening to this:

• blackmyst likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011 Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

I do this mission alone or with others but mostly alone as its actually easier. I drive round the back from where you spawn to, park my car up and take out the guy who should be directly in front of you, he is the one who has the documents. Once he is taken care of i kill everyone else pickup the dropped document and burn off in my adder :) Alot of time for this mission at the moment just a shame cant have it in a playlist :(

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

First I shoot & kill all of the enemy AI. Then I pick up the package. Then I drive to Martins house for delivery. 

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

First I shoot & kill all of the enemy AI. Then I pick up the package. Then I drive to Martins house for delivery. 

doin' it wrong.

• gitmowaterboard, Crunch McThornbody and UniqueAsh like this

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

doin' it wrong.

I was wondering why I always fail. I'll keep monitoring this thread and I'm sure I'll figure it out soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users