Photo

I am not complaining but

36 replies to this topic
pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Am I the only one that thinks that GTA San Andreas had more features (Like driving trains, cooler jets, jetack,Police missions, etc.)???? 

• krashdown likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

San Andreas topic number 68759769

• ActionBronson and Luuk' like this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

yes. gta 5 was stripped of a lot of cool features because rockstar rushed the game out 

pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

yes. gta 5 was stripped of a lot of cool features because rockstar rushed the game out 

But What? I dont understand because didnt it take 5 years before they released GTA V? Didnt they have like 5 years to do stuff??!?!?!?!?!

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

But What? I dont understand because didnt it take 5 years before they released GTA V? Didnt they have like 5 years to do stuff??!?!?!?!?!

yes but they obviously didn't spend those 5 years entirely focused and making the graphics took up a huge amount of those 5 years.

their creative staff were probably out of there in about a week. 

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

DISC SPACE PEOPLE! DISC SPACE COMING.

I think 8 GB for one disc is enough. But hey, people come here to bitch and think about the negative over the positive. They will never learn that GTA V's release is no different or maybe better than other game releases.

• ten-a-penny and iainspad like this

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

i must disagree i personally think theres more then enough features, atleast you can do another story (love replaying gta) however if i did not have an ambition for replaying my titles i would agree.

Zolag
  • Zolag

Epsilonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yup. The game lacks of many features that were in previous games.

• jeanrjm likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

San Andreas may have more features, but it's got more sh*t too like quarry, valet, trucking missions etc which I find to be worse than anything in GTA V.
  • ActionBronson, ten-a-penny, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 4 others like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

San Andreas may have more features, but it's got more sh*t too like quarry, valet, trucking missions etc which I find to be worse than anything in GTA V.

You forgot to mention dancing. Fu*king hated that. 

TBoGT improved dancing, IMO.

• Luuk' likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

don't forget dancing, lowrider....:sui:

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

And BOGT's club life would have fitted Los Santos perfectly.

Yes, V lacked much of previous games - and it could be for any number of reasons - disk space, dev time, focus, laziness, a horny orangutang breaking into the offices and constantly having sex with the backup server, alien invasion....

I personally think a game should build on previous features, and i think we all expected V to do that, but it simply took some out and put others in. GTA has been this way since VC, so don't expect a GTA to be released with EVERYTHING - no way V could have the map, the heists and 3 character switching AND keep so many features in. Something had to give and unfortunately it was features.

SA had a lot of stuff in, but quality was compromised.

Quality or Quantity?

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

And BOGT's club life would have fitted Los Santos perfectly.

Yes, V lacked much of previous games - and it could be for any number of reasons - disk space, dev time, focus, laziness, a horny orangutang breaking into the offices and constantly having sex with the backup server, alien invasion....

I personally think a game should build on previous features, and i think we all expected V to do that, but it simply took some out and put others in. GTA has been this way since VC, so don't expect a GTA to be released with EVERYTHING - no way V could have the map, the heists and 3 character switching AND keep so many features in. Something had to give and unfortunately it was features.

SA had a lot of stuff in, but quality was compromised.

Quality or Quantity?

this 9999999999999999X :^:

guys. DON'T FORGET THE GAME SIZE! how many times do I have to tell you that its already 8000+ on the PS3 hard drive?

• DISC SIZE
  • DISC SIZE
  • DISC SIZE
  • DISC SIZE
  • DISC SIZE

LEARN IT!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Regret Nothing

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

^ MULTIPLE DISCS MULTIPLE! Jesus...

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by killahmatic, 18 February 2014 - 11:34 PM.

Am I the only one that thinks that GTA San Andreas had more features (Like driving trains, cooler jets, jetack,Police missions, etc.)???? 

San Andreas had DIFFERENT features, not more. and V jets are better than SA, by far.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Ammunized
  • Ammunized

Dawn of Justice

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Why put a bunch of features on GTA V when you can put the features on a DLC and get money for it. Or hold back until GTA 6. :/
  • 5.7 and jeanrjm like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by iainspad, 18 February 2014 - 11:50 PM.

yes but they obviously didn't spend those 5 years entirely focused and making the graphics took up a huge amount of those 5 years.

You try and make a game this gorgeous work on old technology. Just because it doesn't reach your subjective satisfaction visually it doesn't make it any less that GTA V is a design feat. I'm still blown by the fact they made a world this big and detailed in consideration of the devices the game runs on.

Being a creative, it f*cks me off when people like you think it's that simple when the process is a long, enduring one.

• ten-a-penny likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

You try and make a game this gorgeous work on old technology. Just because it doesn't reach your subjective satisfaction visually it doesn't make it any less that GTA V is a design feat. I'm still blown by the fact they made a world this big and detailed in consideration of the devices the game runs on.

Being a creative, it f*cks me off when people like you think it's that simple when the process is a long, enduring one.

maybe if they spent less time on graphics they could have added in some cool features.

graphics don't make games, features do.

• Erick132 and jeanrjm like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 19 February 2014 - 12:12 AM.

GTA San Andreas is my second favorite GTA game (although the fanboys make it difficult for me to admit that) but I couldn't agree more. Dancing and hydraulics were the two single worst minigames to ever be featured in the series IMO, and the gym (that everyone screams for to return) was not too far behind.

The only GTA San Andreas feature that I want back is the ability to drive trains.

• SonOfLiberty and ten-a-penny like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

I feel the game was limited due to the size of an Xbox 360 disc.  The game takes up pretty much 2 full discs.  If the discs could hold the same amount of information as the PS3 discs, the game would probably have a lot more things.  Oh well, the old console had to drag GTA 5 down.

• jeanrjm likes this

EAZY-D
  • EAZY-D

Keep up motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Alot of hate for san andreas on v forums i think that is called jealousy.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Alot of hate for san andreas on v forums i think that is called jealousy.

Why would anyone be jealous over a video game?

• ten-a-penny likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

...cooler jets...

875.gif

I thought the Lazer was cooler than the Hydra, seeing as the Lazer also had a cannon.

• ten-a-penny and iainspad like this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Man this is my favorite GTA of all time, I love all the side missions in the game. I even love the dancing in the game. Sure it does have it's negatives but there are more positives that overcome them.

• jeanrjm likes this

pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Ok I understand what you guys are saying! I didn't actually think about the disk sizes and stuff before I put this question in! Thanks for help guys!

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

before I start, GTA SA (and IV and V) all are the best GTA game[s] to be ever made. so, don't call me a 'jealous' because "we liked this game just because its not GTA SA 2.0 or GTA IV 2.0" secondly, English is NOT my first language so I may state wrong stuff (or having some difficulties to state something)

now I'll start;

1. first of all, this game is running on a 6 years old system (PS3 & Xbox) so expect the game to have console limitation[s]. secondly, the game size already broke the systems already. (all I want is being able to play IV without FORMATTING my PS3 just to INSTALL the game again) the game is already 8124 MB. if all the features you guys want was in GTA V, then the game size on the hardware will be 9000+ (or maybe even 10000+) needless I say more? oh yeah. some of you will shout "ps3 had 500 GB!!!111" sorry. mine have 12 GB. also not everyone will have a big ass one like yours or something. (I don't have Xbox so it may be different for you Xbox players) plus, the game is already stunning with all the SMALL details in this game (well, IV had the same....but...meh :p)

2. also. to all the whiners. we want GTA to be improved with NEW contents in the game. not the same feature[s] all over again. sometimes even the old features can be annoying. like IV's dating system from GTA SA. in SA, I kinda enjoyed the GFs. but in IV? [hey Niko! I'm expecting you in ONE hour. I DONT CAR WER U R!!!!1 I WANT U HER N 1 OR!!1111"] how am I supposed to reach you then? we want V (and VI and etc) to improve with new contents or an all-out return for all the old features from prev. titles. (like how SA had almost all the old GTA features plus new ones) OR a return of some cool features (like having fighter jets) and etc. USEFUL CONTENTS that can make the game MUCH better are more than welcome (like the Gym) but stupid and pointless ones? (like the...*Ehem* gang wars) what's the point of these? why you didn't complain when IV didn't have gang wars? because IV is in LC while V is in the STATE of SA? :/

3. directed to the SA fanboys (which I'm ashamed to say that SA is one of the best GTAs that I just can't make a damn different between all three because of them) sorry for "not having GTA SA 2.0" :p just because GTA V's setting was in the fictional San Andreas STATE doesn't mean that V will be a SA 2.0 :/ also why you whine for not having the Jetpack? THERE'S NO JETPACK IN THIS GAME! IF THERE WAS A JETPACK THEN MODDERS/HACKERS/CHEATERS WILL BE ABLE TO SPAWN ONE USING A SAVE EDITOR! IF WE'RE ABLE TO SPAWN THE CARGO PLANE ITSELF OUTSIDE OF TREVOR'S MISSION, WHY THEN WE CAN'T SPAWN THE JETPACK? WHY YOU ASK? BECAUSE THERE'S NO JETPACK IN THIS GAME! f*cking learn it already! why you guys believe that the jetpack is in this game? just because the FICTIONAL STATE V is in is named SA? and because the FICTIONAL STATE'S name is SA, it refers to GTA SA where it had the jetpack? or because of a stupid drawing on a wall is the reason? :/ also, why you didn't complain that IV didn't have one? because IV is in Liberty City (NYC) while SA/ V is in San Andreas STATE (California + Nevada in SA's case, Southerns California in V's case)? which GTA SA had it? just seriously. yes, the jetpack was a nice idea, but we have almost everything that we need in V :/ all I need is the Lazer. I already have the Massive Jump cheat saved which saves me from 'complaining we dont hav jetpak en des gam' (since I only used this thing just for getting in high areas)

4. and about the stupid "gta v dont hav des fetore!!!!11 bawwwwww!!!!!!!! worst gam ever!!!11" seriously. each GTA has its special terms; III was the first 3D GTA game. VC for its settings and soundtracks. LC for new stuff that I forgot them. SA for its obvious features. IV for its HD stuff. V for the all-out new CONTENTS of the game and huge map and etc. "BAWW WE DONT HAV SAN FERO AND LAS VENTORAS!!!1 BAAWWWWW!!!!1" FOR GOD'S SAKE WAKE UP! GTA SA was based on CALIFORNIA and Nevada. GTA V is based on SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA San Fransisco and Las Vegas are in Northern California (right? or they're in Nevada? I'm not American so...) while Los Angeles and the latter are in Southern California (which V is based on) that's why we don't have SF and LV in GTA V. want them? play SA and stop whining.

5. directed towards the IV fanboys (which I'm ashamed to say that I just can't make any difference between IV and V because of these whiners. also this is not going towards SonOfLiberty. since he also say that IV itself had many flaws and etc and fanboys never say that [enter what they love here] have any flaws. so yeah :p sorry for not having your precious GTA IV 2.0. or not having the SUCH RELESTEC!!! handling back. wanna the truth? GTA had NEVER been about realistic driving (like what IV had) I'll say it myself. God I love IV's handling and such. its just hard for me controlling the bike/car (since I'm used to the "arcady driving" but that's another story) now don't get me wrong. the physics engine was really great in IV and I didn't like V's one (especially with the bikes. Hell- I even pointed it out in another thread) but the handling shouldn't change. that's from a side. also to all the TLAD fanboys, do you have to whine and bitch about *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!* Johnny's death? I mean to this level? I couldn't care ANY less if tenpenny was in his place (I'm sure everyone knows that I'm a big Tenpenny fan just by seeing my username :p) or if Eddie was in his place and etc. seriously its a damn game not real life or something :/ why all the mess going on? in EVERY TIME I go to the IV section, I find a thread complaining about John's death. ITS A GODDAMN GAME GUYS! stop all the whining about John :angry:

6. as a last note, why you blame a WHOLE COMPANY for a SINGLE game you hate/dislike? why? because you didn't like V? because its not "GTA SA / IV 2.0?" because alot of stuff you wanted V to have but it don't? f*ck it if the last one was the reason then why I love this game although it doesn't have what I want? I want an F-16C and A-10 & MIG-31M, F-117 and lastly B-2, B-59, B-52. do we have any type of bombers? nope. do I hate the game? nope. do we have a STEALTH fighter? nope. do I hate the game? nope. does the Lazer is purely based on the F-16? nope (the rear is based on the trashy F-35) do I hate the game? nope. if you hate "cockstar becos des gam dont mash ur lekeng and dat u hat gta becos des gam roen et for u....explain then why people don't 'whine and bitch' about the games I'll mention below:

• Ace Combat: Assault Horizon if you're a Areal Combat fan (fighter jets battles, etc) then you probably knows the Ace Combat Series. if not, its about a series of areal, fighter-aircraft-combat that takes place in a fictional "strangereal" (name of the fictional world the game is in). personally, I didn't play Assault Horizon but from hearing the fans, this game was the worst. ask any Ace Combat fan what's the best game and worst game. they'll say Ace Combat 5 is the best, Assault Horizon is the worst. so by far, Assault Horizon is the worst Ace Combat game. do people all-out bash Namco for "makeng da worst gam ever!!!!" ? no. why? because Namco made the in-famous "Pac-Man" game? I don't think so. its funny as how people say that "V is the worst GTA ever" just because the game didn't suit their likings ALTHOUGH the game isn't broken and come all-out bashing and/or complaining that Rockstar *Cough* cockstar didn't make their SO PERFEKT!!! game while a REAL broken game made by a normal company didn't get any hate (although people do complain and say that said game sucks BUT they don't bash Namco)

• another example. The Legend of Spyro: dawn of The Dragon if you're a spyro fan then you'll probably know this game. personally at first, I loved this game so much (was the second-to-best game in my collection IMO) but later I though about it and realized how much this game is 'broken' (you can say) do I (or others) hate on Seria for making it like this? I only complain about ANTIvision (obvious reason is obvious....:p) and my only wish was Krome and Seria work on it. really. I find it funny how, ANYTHING that ANTIvision touches, it gets broken. I'll explain more in the next example;

• DOOM III God I love the DOOM series :inlove: anyways its a old, Pixel-based, 2D Horror/fantasy game about a marine that being sent to Mars (DOOM I) then a failed test opened a portal that leads to Hell which caused all the demons to come. the story ends with the marine closes the gate to Hell after returning back to Earth *didn't play this game since I was 7 so a lot of details are missing* DOOM II Hell on Earth plays after DOOM I with the same enemies with some new bunch. in this game you have to kill the demons and save planet Earth by killing The Icon of Sin in the end of the game. anyways all the DOOM series is made by Id Software. back on-topic. DOOM II's timeline takes place directly after DOOM I. (as stated above) but DOOM III takes a whole new turn with the improved, 3D graphic on the PS3 and Xbox this time (since the old ones were on the PS1) mainly the first time I saw the enemy design I hated this game. everyone complains about how the gameplay is really messed and how the character design had changed (you'll know what I mean if you saw my post in what's the scariest enemy you ever seen in-game :p) mainly everything in this game was destroyed. do people spam Id Software with hateful messages? NO.

then why you people blame a whole company for the sake of a game you didn't like or complain why some of the features that was in previous games didn't make it? if the next GTA games will be GTA SA 2.0, 3.0, etc then f*ck it I'll dump the series and stick with ORGINAL, SPECIAL GTA SA and SPECIAL AND ORIGINAL GTA IV and NEW, ALL-OUT SPECIAL GTA V instead.

/rant.

• ~Tiger~ likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

R4bBKdh.jpg

Let it all out. ;)

• ten-a-penny likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Indeed.  A very well presented soliloquy that I fear may have soared clean over many heads.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

really. I can't make any difference between SA, IV and V. SA had its flaws and ups. IV had its flaws and ups. V had its flaws and ups. each GTA game is special/unique by something. and there's no "[GTA title here] is better than [GTA title here]" if it comes to features :/

many features IV had I disliked. guess what? its one of my favorites. many features SA had that I dislike. guess what? its one of my favorites. same with V and probably the same with VI and the list goes on.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

really. I can't make any difference between SA, IV and V. SA had its flaws and ups. IV had its flaws and ups. V had its flaws and ups. each GTA game is special/unique by something. and there's no "[GTA title here] is better than [GTA title here]" if it comes to features :/

many features IV had I disliked. guess what? its one of my favorites. many features SA had that I dislike. guess what? its one of my favorites. same with V and probably the same with VI and the list goes on.

Well said, each game really stands on it's own and suits it's own theme.

Niko wasn't buying giant businesses and mansions because he was a poor immigrant trying to make ends meet in a new country. Franklin didn't have gang wars because his story was about trying to get out all that gang stuff not trying to protect his neighborhood.

While V doesn't have all the features as previous games, it has brought a lot of new features into the series. Scubadiving, submarines, multiple protags, an enormous free mmo-styled online side game (which people still find the energy to bitch about), tennis, golf, a content creator ect.. not to mention a huge densely packed and detailed city near the size of RDR's map with an even larger countryside. If people think V's map is anywhere near small, turn off your minimap and cover the map on a bicycle. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users