Photo

Paranormal Stories

191 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by StingrayX, 17 February 2014 - 11:49 PM.

Do any of you have any intriguing unexplained or paranormal experiences to share. These type of threads usually spark interesting discussions and the last one is too old to bump.

I don't have much to share. I used to hear noises upstairs years ago whenever I was home alone. Not much happens now albeit I was home alone last week and heard something fall across the room. I could never find what fell though.

Feel free to share. :)

For stu ;)

• GTA_stu and Pinkarella like this

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

No, thank God.

• gnad.1992 and RyanBurnsRed like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

There's already a topic on this subject which you could have bumped ;)

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

once i made my hand go numb and it felt like someone else ? no?

GHOSTS DONT EXIST. OR ANYTHIING SPIRITUAL FOR THAT MATTER .

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

once i made my hand go numb and it felt like someone else ? no?

GHOSTS DONT EXIST. OR ANYTHIING SPIRITUAL FOR THAT MATTER .

Can you provide evidence to support your claim?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm generally quite logical when it comes to something that would normally perceived as paranormal. But if I hear or see something that cannot be explained, well? I'm not going to lie to myself and say it did not happen.
  • 018361 and Cameron Star like this

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

A crow followed me to my home after I said bad things about ghosts.

I don't think this has anything to do with paranormal activities, but it's the most "paranormal" story I can tell.
  • xVampire Fangx and Pinkarella like this

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I pulled off a wool sweater and saw light at the end of the neckline.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

One night a couple of years ago while on a fall camping trip in the north woods I saw something that scared me so badly I had nightmares for weeks. It was the second night and we realized we had left a few things in the car. The cars were parked about a mile and a half down the trail from the campsite in a gravel parking lot. A friend and I volunteered to make the hike to the cars and set out around 11:30pm. It was a clear night so instead of using a flashlight, we waited for our eyes to adjust and went without one most of the way. We were walking along, joking about stupid things for around 15 minutes when I started to get the feeling we were being followed. I tried to pass it off as the general creepyness of being in the woods at night and that was working until my friend stopped short and said "listen". I strained my ears to listen for a moment and was just about to smack him for trying to freak me out when I heard it - a faint rustling noise.

It was a bit like the sound of someone in heavy boots wading through garbage. We tried to convince ourselves that it was just leaves in the wind, but we both knew that most of the leaves had fallen from the trees in the previous weeks... and this sound was more - purposeful. It was moving toward us. We quickened our pace while discussing all of the possibilities including our other friends stalking us to scare us. After what seemed to be an eternity, we reached the parking lot and our vehicles. I grabbed some beer and batteries while my friend got his camera and some other things we needed. We had just locked the cars and were about to head back up the hill when we heard the noise again - rustle rustle rustle - coming down the trail in our direction.

We quickly hid behind the cars and hatched a plan to jump out and scare our stalking friends to turn the joke back on them. I would leap out and yell and my friend would snap a pic of their surprised look. It was a great plan. It would have been really funny. I was thinking these things right up to the point where I noticed the eerie glow. What I saw come out of those woods that night was nothing of this earth as we know it. I let out a scream and ran like a lunatic down the gravel road away from that thing. My friend misinterpreted my scream and jumped out to snap a picture. We didn't find him until the next day. I made it to the ranger's station about an hour later to see that it was closed. I waited until morning and got a ride back from the park patrol. On the ground next to one of the cars was my friend's camera. I managed to save a frame from that night.

If you have a weak heart, do NOT click the link below.

LINK

It still gives me the shivers.

• Moonshield, Rougarou, Ciaran and 8 others like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

The only scary thing I've experienced is the thought that that stupid f*cking Casper joke has still yet to reach the furthest localities of the internet.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:20 PM Edited by Voodoo, 17 February 2014 - 08:23 PM.

OC, circa 2008. 2007, maybe.

Yep, 2007.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Back in the 1970s or 1980s, my Grandpa was working out at a local gravel quarry and found a weird box lid. It was made of brass, bronze or copper plating and had a curved arm as a decorative handle. According to my grandparents and other locals, that was where devil worshippers would go at night and even sacrifice small animals. Anyways, he brought this thing back home and it sat in their storage room until the mid 2000s. I was around 8 or 9 at the time and I was snooping around and found it. I was holding it by the handle and talking to my Grandma about it and she told me everything I told you above. Right in the middle of her talking to me, it felt like it 'magnetized' to me. It felt as if it was stuck on me and wouldn't come off, even when I opened my hand. It made me freak out and cry. Looking back on it, it was probably my over-active imagination, but it still gives me shivvers thinking about it. We ended up throwing it away.

Another series of events is after my Grandpa died. For about the first month after he passed away, weird occurences would happen around the house. We had a voice recorder turn on by itself and play some instructional message. We would come home and lamps would be turned on or the TV would be on. My Grandma was talking about hearing noises coming from his room during the day and night. It was kind of freaky, but comforting as well. I don't know if it was him, or something else causing it all.

Also have a few UFO stories, if anyone is interested in hearing those.

• Rougarou, 018361, Jimmy_Leppard and 2 others like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by 018361, 12 April 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Ah a nice thread where I can share with you all the things my weary mind had tricked me into thinking. 

1. One night I was on my computer and looked to my right side and for a few seconds saw floating eyeballs staring at me and then they swiftly disappeared.

2. The other day when I was walking I saw some goat-like demons feet hiding behind a truck to ambush me.

3. One time when laying in bed I saw a black silhouette of a man slowly walking across the screen of my television and it wasn't part of the show.

4.  Another time on my computer there was a figure to my right side again, but this time the figure was wearing a white torn up gown. As I slowly looked up it had disappeared.

5. Numerous brief second visions of " the man in black " A man wearing a black cloak/hoodie hiding in corners and watching me. 

Edit @ Swaggins, UFO stories please!

Note: I have been seeing weird stuff like this my whole like and I had always assumed it was because I have some undiagnosed mental disorder or something. 

• MarshalMoo and xVampire Fangx like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I see many people classify ''paranormal'' as ''unexplained'', OP included, so.. for me, many. Women. They're definitely unexplained.

• Palikari and PedroJiboiaBr like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I'm very interested. Please do share.

• 018361 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

OC, circa 2008. 2007, maybe.

Yep, 2007.

You see? Six and a half years ago, and it's still so splittingly fresh!

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

Globalism BTFO

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Should have embedded the X-Files theme tune in the OP. Missed a trick there. I mean you really dropped the f*cking ball. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

I once walked under a dark streetlight on my way to the school bus stop early one morning. As I walked under it, the streetlight came on.

I flipped out and started booking it.

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

I don't know if you can call this "paranormal" or not, but sometimes I see shadows that look like cats, running across the hall, and my legs.

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

I don't know if you can call this "paranormal" or not, but sometimes I see shadows that look like cats, running across the hall, and my legs.

Probably just your eyes playing tricks on you.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Please do share. :evilgrin:

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Probably just your eyes playing tricks on you.

My mind is playing tricks on me.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Actually posted this a few months ago in a UFO topic:

A few years ago I was at my mom's house and saw a weird red light in the sky. It flew around and went behind a cloud and back out. My only logical explanation would be a powerful laser. The way it flew around, it couldn't have been an airplane or helicopter. This thing was going in various directions. This was just after the sun had gone down.

Another incident: I was driving south on a highway to my friend's house. It was about 8:00 p.m. and there was nothing around but trees and fields. I look up to the sky through my window and see a light falling at an angle to the ground. It falls about halfway to the ground and then disappears. It was moving too slowly to be a 'shooting star', but too fast for any airplane or cropduster. At first I thought it was a falling aircraft until it just disappeared.

Then the exact same thing happened in about the exact same place a seperate night. I was driving with my girlfriend and we both saw it. It fell from the sky about halfway to the ground again, and just disappeared.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

I've had no direct experiences, so I'll share some local/ family stories.

Apparently when my dad was living in Berlin, he saw an apparition of his father playing poke with his friends.

Locally, we have the tale of Sally in the Woods, supposedly in an nearby by wood with the same name, a young woman was run over and now haunts the woods and jumps in front of passing cars at night. 

• Rougarou and xVampire Fangx like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

I have experienced sleep paralysis for the first time last week. I was laying on my side and a woman on my bedside had a knife and was slowly stabbing at me at my stomach and I remembered that someone here had said in one of their experiences that they had " fought " the paralysis which helped. Oddly enough I wasn't scared and the knife didn't seem to hurt and it was only two slow jabs that seemed more like a warning than someone trying to hurt me. Hmm Since I always try to look for meanings in these sort of things maybe it's a sign that I will get a medical problem involving that area of my body. I don't know.

Also, if anyone has any info of floating disembodied eyes that would be interesting as I had seen those at some time as well. And I had also seen a girl in a torn white gown floating next to me. Perhaps watching me. 

• xVampire Fangx likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

It happened yet again. I had the reoccurring dream that I was home alone and hearing odd noises, feeling like I needed to hide. I've had dreams like this for over two years now.
  • Cwinny24 likes this

supanaut
  • supanaut

Double O.G.

• WMCC
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

In 1990 I had a metal plate removed from my forearm from a car accident I had a year earlier (they must have really liked me as they sent me home from the hospital with no pain killers so I had to rely on Panadol!).

Anyway, that night while I was lying in my bed I woke up around 3am and there was this weird "electric smoke" wall about 2-3 feet front of me, about the width of my bed and reaching to the ceiling. Probably the closest thing I could compare it to is the special effect when people get beamed up on Star Trek.

So I was lying there and thought my eyes were blurry and I was half asleep, so I rubbed my eyes and it was still there 30-40 seconds later when all of a sudden this "thing" jumped out at me. It had skinny arms and body with a grotesque head, and big hands with long skinny finger like claws. Needless to say Im pretty sure I must have screeched like a little girl as I woke my flatmates up and they came running in. When I told them what happened they thought I was on drugs, which I wasn't.

The experience always freaked me out but what made it even weirder was last year I told my son about it and described the creature and he said "OMG Dad! That's the RAKE!" So I looked it up online and found all these drawings of the rake that looked a hell-of-a-lot the thing I saw that night. Not that I would believe everything creepypasta has on it's website, but I know what I saw and freaked me the f*ck out.

*Some background info on where it happened: It was in a newly built (3 year old) apartment complex across the road from Manly Cemetery.

• BuyMeTheMoon and xVampire Fangx like this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by gta_aus, 24 March 2014 - 01:44 PM.

This is my story so far and if anyone has any knowledge on this subject I would be happy to hear from you with suggestions and help. Ok, so:

Me and my cousin (25 and 16) have always had a very weird feeling when entering certain rooms of our grandma and grandpas house, for as long as we can remember, just feelings of pure fear for no reason at all.
We also have another cousin (4), who has always been a bit odd, but he is the key to all this. One of the main rooms he won't/can't step foot in and for a while he has refused to tell is why.
Just this weekend that came, me and my cousin decided to really research this and dig deep, and I'm actually starting to think it was a bad idea.
My cousin(16) was at grandmas house and at the front he saw the car light come on and saw a young boy in the back seat, the light then went out. Which prompted our next move:
This weekend I had a talk with my cousin (4) and asked if he sees anything in that room, with pure fear in his voice ( and he is never scared, which makes me believe him) he replied "yes". I then asked if it was a little boy, he replied "no, it's not human you will be scared".
He confessed to have nightmares very often about this.
When my grandma was baby sitting him at her house she pulled him in the room, obviously trying to get out of that room in fear, his eyes were fixated 2 items high on the wall that were next to each other, screaming to get him away from them.
These items are a didgeridoo and a boomerang
We are thinking a spirit has attached itself to one of these items, or the spirit could have been the owner as they are very old.

My grandma is insisting we stop, we think she knows something...
I will be posting updates if anyone is interested.
  • BuyMeTheMoon, Killzone3265, xVampire Fangx and 1 other like this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

A woman committed suicide in my house (pills, nothing bloody) and I hear a soft beating on the walls at night ONLY after I've crawled into bed. Like someone hitting the wall with their palm. Something that isn't supernatural? Probably.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

Years ago, I went to bed around 09:00PM like I usually did. About 5 minutes in, I heard somebody scratching the wall beside me but from the room beside me. I was like, "My sister" but then I realized that she was downstairs and the light in her room was off. Still laying in bed, I called for mom but she just blew it off as something menial. I never heard that scratching sound again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users