Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was Three Leaf Clover better than all of V's heist?

125 replies to this topic
Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think the reasons that alot of people think that Three Leaf Clover is better than all the heists in GTA V are that:

A. It's completely out of the blue, almost nothing in the game hints to you that you were gonna rob a bank.

B. It's the only heist in the game. After you've done it, There's nothing like it again in the game.

The reason that it came out of the blue was because Niko was basically just a gunman hired for a heist. He wasn't involved in the planning, he was just an extra hand, like all the crewmembers used in heists in V.

And people comparing 3 Leaf Clover to the heist missions in V is kind of ridiculous. As others have said there was nothing actually unique about it other than the bank job skin and the payout. The closest thing to 3 Leaf Clover in V is the Paleto Score and think about things it did different from other missions. Bomb squad suits, the minigun was introduced, it's the only mission where you use a bulldozer if I remember correctly.

And Universetwisters, you're blatantly wrong about the payout. The jewelry store heist alone gives Michael a million dollars if you play your cards right.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

3 Leaf Clover was kinda rushed. What kind of self respecting robber wouldn't use gloves?

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

3 Leaf Clover was kinda rushed. What kind of self respecting robber wouldn't use gloves?

Also that dumb ass kept using their real names and telling the world they are brothers.

• SuburbansWorst, Bonnano and rahjee like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Official General, 17 February 2014 - 10:03 PM.

I'd say Three Leaf Clover was better than all of GTA V's heists except for the first heist in the jewelry store. 

I can't say is better than the Big Score(obvious approach) because there are things that the big score did better than Three Leaf Clover. 

For example

1.The Shootout was more intense

2. The heist was more involved and the robbery in TLC was just a cutscene. This is bad because it takes away from the heist itself that it can't be considered a heist

3.The wanted level escape was very intense. In TLC after you get out of the subway you get a wanted level, but at the same time, the mission tells you to go back to Packie's Ma house. This is also shows a bad mission writing because the wanted level is pretty pointless when you can just go to Packies mom's house.

If the Big Score mission is the last heist in V, then no way. That was a bit of a letdown for me. I liked the traffic control part, but other than that, that last heist was nothing special.

Also that dumb ass kept using their real names and telling the world they are brothers.

@ Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Errm, you do realize that the McCreary's tendencies to be clumsy and carry out botched jobs was the exactly the whole idea to expressed in the first place ?

• Blingy likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'd say Three Leaf Clover was better than all of GTA V's heists except for the first heist in the jewelry store. 

I can't say is better than the Big Score(obvious approach) because there are things that the big score did better than Three Leaf Clover. 

For example

2. The heist was more involved and the robbery in TLC was just a cutscene. This is bad because it takes away from the heist itself that it can't be considered a heist

3.The wanted level escape was very intense. In TLC after you get out of the subway you get a wanted level, but at the same time, the mission tells you to go back to Packie's Ma house. This is also shows a bad mission writing because the wanted level is pretty pointless when you can just go to Packies mom's house.

If the Big Score mission is the last heist in V, then no way. That was a bit of a letdown for me. I liked the traffic control part, but other than that, that last heist was nothing special.

I was talking about the obvious approach not the subtle.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

For example

That's the approach I took. It was kinda tame if you ask me. TLC was much better experience in my view. 

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

For example

That's the approach I took. It was kinda tame if you ask me. TLC was much better experience in my view. 

Wait but you said the traffic lights and that is in the subtle. In the obvious approach you took a driller and took down a wall and later you get to an epic shootout.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

Short answer: Yes, in every way.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

For example

Wait but you said the traffic lights and that is in the subtle. In the obvious approach you took a driller and took down a wall and later you get to an epic shootout.

Ok that's true. From what you described, I still think TLC was better. It just felt more epic and serious. 

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

For example

Ok that's true. From what you described, I still think TLC was better. It just felt more epic and serious. 

I'm sorry but I can't see that in the slightest, three leaf clover had too much cons when it came to the heist itself and the escape. But it's whatever, but I recommend you play the obvious approach, that is if you haven't played it yet.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by jarredxmorris, 17 February 2014 - 10:19 PM.

Nah, TLC only felt good because of how utterly bland and unexciting the rest of the game was. Well, maybe that's a little cruel, but it's still an incredibly simplistic mission at the base of it, in many ways, even some of the basic missions in V had more substance to them. The escaping through the subway thing was awesome, I love that, but I think if you magically slotted TLC into V somewhere it'd feel really bland in comparison to most of V's missions, even the non-heist ones. 

Although, it was better than the Merryweather heist.

• Gantons Most Wanted likes this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:20 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 17 February 2014 - 10:21 PM.

Three Leaf Clover felt more epic and serious?

It's literally a shootout down two side streets, running down a subway tunnel, and then driving home.

I mean, I could almost understand if you took the subtle approach to the Big Score, but even the subtle approach had a very tense feeling throughout the whole thing.  The Obvious Approach has you taking on the entire LSPD, NOOSE and Merryweather attack helicopters for like three or four blocks, then on top of that you have a helicopter battle through a bunch of windmills.

Seriously, if you think TLC is bigger than that you have to be wearing some San Andreas level nostalgia goggles.

But, I will admit that it was better than the Merryweather Heist after thinking about it.  I don't even really consider the Merryweather Heist as one of the heists because it's so lame.

• StarFyer, DutchGangsta, vengenceniko and 1 other like this

StarFyer
  • StarFyer

Whatever Man

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

No. Jewelry Store, The Big Score, Paleto Bay were all much much better than TLC. I'd go as far to say that the only heist TLC was better than is Merryweather and only because there was no payoff.

• peluche503 likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

No. Jewelry Store, The Big Score, Paleto Bay were all much much better than TLC. I'd go as far to say that the only heist TLC was better than is Merryweather and only because there was no payoff.

True Talk bro.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

TLC was a great mission that I enjoy playing over and over again but one thing I think V has over it is actual participation in the robberies. TLC dealt with the aftermath while the Jewelry Store Job had you actually breaking the glass and snatching the jewels. You even cased the place before the robbery. 

• StarFyer likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Not better than all of them, Jewellery Store and Paleto Bay were better missions, as was The Big Score, I'd say it's around the middle for me, better than Merryweather (pointless) and even better than Blitz Play (which wasn't suppose to be a Heist originally!).

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

What I'd like to say:

This thread is just bunch of unappreciative whiny snot-nosed cry babies -- truly entitled, sniveling little fanboy hipster sh*ts with no eye for quality. If it's "GTA IV > GTA V", then the answer is "of course" to these whiny little piss-ant rugrats. 

What I'm going to say, instead:

To each his own. 

Every heist in GTA V is better than Three Leaf Clover, and that's not to discredit the latter, it's just that each V heist is so high in quality in terms of variety, tensity, and strategy. There is no strategy before TLC. It's a cutscene and then shooting people. 

I actually just finished the obvious approach (did another play-through w/ no auto-aim, hud, radar)...and if you were sitting next to me after I completed it, and said "Boy, that was tame...," I'd question your sanity and kick you out of my apartment. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

Three Leaf Clover doesn't have the preparation, but then again GTA IV isn't a heist themed game. Despite that I think it's far more intense than any of GTA V's heists. GTA V's heists are too hand holding IMO.

If you're running low on health you can just switch and there are moments where you're forced to switch anyway. If you f*ck up there's always a checkpoint to fall back on. Three Leaf Clover doesn't have this luxury and apart from The Big Score obvious approach you're guided through a series of scripted events to make your escape.

In Three Leaf Clover you're left in the subway and given any way you see fit to make your escape. Personally I think the heists were overhyped before GTA V's release. For a heist themed game it's disappointing in ways. Blitz Play and the Merryweather heist especially are truly awful.

• Boxman108 likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

Three Leaf Clover doesn't have the preparation, but then again GTA IV isn't a heist themed game. Despite that I think it's far more intense than any of GTA V's heists. GTA V's heists are too hand holding IMO.

If you're running low on health you can just switch and there are moments where you're forced to switch anyway. If you f*ck up there's always a checkpoint to fall back on. Three Leaf Clover doesn't have this luxury and apart from The Big Score obvious approach you're guided through a series of scripted events to make your escape.

In Three Leaf Clover you're left in the subway and given any way you see fit to make your escape. Personally I think the heists were overhyped before GTA V's release. For a heist themed game it's disappointing in ways. Blitz Play and the Merryweather heist especially are truly awful.

The way the robbery was pulled of in blitz play was simple and genius like the movie heat and the shootout and escape were good. Yet, I still don't find Three Leaf Clover as intense as the Big Score Obvious approach, that robbery in my opinion did everything better than Three Leaf Clover for reasons such as:

Character switching never affected me in any way because when I was franklin at the first part I was franklin when I was Michael in the second part I was Michael, and when I was Trevor in the third part I was Trevor. I don't really see how character switching affected me in this heist because I knew how to handle myself when playing with each one of them. I like TLC but to me it only outshines half of the number of heist in GTA V.

• Gantons Most Wanted likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

Blitz Play was fun but I must admit the Merryweather Heist was not one of V's best moments. The boat option was okay but there are certainly better missions in the GTA series.

vengenceniko
  • vengenceniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

GTA V's heists are too hand holding IMO.

Now if R* didn't put in checkpoints the complaint would be "why no checkpoints?". I remember somewhere one of the Housers said that gta 5 should appeal to gamers of all skill. If you thought it was too easy, then challenge yourself and pretend there is no checkpoint. Turn off auto-aim while you're at it.

Three leaf clover was pretty scripted too. And in the jewelry heist, you actually have to get all the jewels before the time runs out, so you are involved in the heist itself instead of just the escape. TLC was good at the time, but most of the V heists at least just as good(if not better). The main reason I love TLC is because it was so action filled, contrasting the rest of IV. Besides, I don't think you can really compare them. TLC inspired the V heists so comparing them would be like comparing gta 1 to gta 5.

I do kind of agree with you that the heists might have been a little over hyped. For me personally, I never really saw V as a heist centered game, but more as a game that just happened to contain heists, so that didn't really affect me.

• WorldWideFM likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 18 February 2014 - 04:43 AM.

I don`t think 3 leaf was better just that the majority of heists in V were sh*t.In a game that touted heists as an integral part of the game that was a little bit disappointing,kinda like a whore slinging her pussy but do to a four wheeler accident she ain`t got no pussy to trick out but she advertised the sh*t out of it anyway.,

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

I don`t think 3 leaf was better just that the majority of heists in V were sh*t.In a game that touted heists as an integral part of the game that was a little bit disappointing,kinda like a whore slinging her pussy but do to a four wheeler accident she ain`t got no pussy to trick out but she advertised the sh*t out of it anyway.,

A million analogies...And you pick...That?

I...I don't even...

I think I'm gonna go lie down...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

I don't get why people keep saying Three Leaf Clover is just a cutscene. Stealing the cash from the vault is a player controlled action. To me it's just a much of heist as any in GTA V.
  • Yogogamer likes this

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

No

Three Leaf Clover was exciting, but it was the exact same as every other mission in GTA IV

Drive to Location
Big Shoot Out

Escape Police

This & this. Although the big shoot out and ran through the subway system was pretty fun...but it virtually had no type of planning on Niko's part (which as the player...I want to do that type of sh*t! A la Vice City). 

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

tumblr_myzue1eNjP1qbznm5o4_250.gif

tumblr_myzue1eNjP1qbznm5o7_250.gif

tumblr_myzue1eNjP1qbznm5o6_250.gif

This score alone runs in circles around TLC. Saving Merryweather Heist, the heists in general in V are a lot better

• Gantons Most Wanted, StarFyer, Cutter De Blanc and 4 others like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

I don't get why people keep saying Three Leaf Clover is just a cutscene. Stealing the cash from the vault is a player controlled action. To me it's just a much of heist as any in GTA V.

Yeah but it would have been good if we could have had Niko walk in the bank and stick the gun in the teller's face than round up the hostages and all of that. It was a great mission but the participation in the actual robberies puts V's heists over the edge for me.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Don't get me wrong; I LOVED the heists in GTA V, but prefer Three Leaf Clover to them, the reason being that I saw the heists in GTA V as a bit too unrealistic, whereas Three Leaf Clover was your classic robbery: Guns, Suits, Masks. No miniguns, no huge drills, no hacking. I mean, like I said, don't get me wrong, I loved that stuff, but I think Three Leaf Clover was much more believable. 

• SonOfLiberty, MaddFool and Boxman108 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

Yeah but it would have been good if we could have had Niko walk in the bank and stick the gun in the teller's face than round up the hostages and all of that. It was a great mission but the participation in the actual robberies puts V's heists over the edge for me.

True, but the level of participation is about the same as the loud and dumb approach during the jewelry store heist which for the most part is just a cutscene until you get to steal the jewels yourself.
  • lizardman563 likes this

MaddFool
  • MaddFool

Back in the Shark City

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

It was better than most of them except for the Prologue Heist and The Jewelry Job. I think the jewelry heist was the one and only true heist in V cus it had you scouting the place,snapping pics,smooth talking a bitch in order to get info. REAL HEIST sh*t not some bullsh*t pull out mini guns out of nowhere and get into a fight with the army robbery. And these heists weren't even for the protags needs but for some punk Feds. I remember the game description

"Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a street hustler looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

When I first saw that I was expecting some Heat or The Town type sh*t where our protags were gonna team up to make the big bucks because they were running out of money options in their current lives but naw we end up jacking a submarine,files from the FIB and the heists where we did get money it didn't even go to us. This could've been a much better game but f*ck it we got what we got and unlike in V in Three Leaf Clover the heist was for the need of our protag and the cash did go to us.
  • lizardman563 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users