Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was Three Leaf Clover better than all of V's heist?

125 replies to this topic
peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

I want to know why most people think Three Leaf Clover is better than all of V's heist.

Granted I do agree is better than some. Ex: The Merryweather Heist

To me the Big Score(obvious approach) is slightly better than it.

Reasons:

1. The heist was very involved.

2. The Intensity of the Shootout was far better.

3. The Police chase was far intense.

Does anyone else agrees or disagrees?

• Blingy and stjimmy3 like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

No

Three Leaf Clover was exciting, but it was the exact same as every other mission in GTA IV

Drive to Location
Big Shoot Out

Escape Police

• StarFyer, universetwisters, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 3 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

No, it wasn't. Blitz Play was much better, IMO.

• daliakiller likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ofcourse it was better. You didn't have to scouge around for getaway cars.

Not only that but it had the biggest payoff than V's heists combined.

• wahgah, nobum62 and jeanrjm like this

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

The Jewellery Store Heist and The Paleto Score were much better IMO

• ShinobiFixer, Syphiroth and Cakelover21 like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:36 PM Edited by Staten, 17 February 2014 - 04:39 PM.

You're wrong twice.

OT: The first heist in V beats Three Leaf Clover, and it was a heist where you didn't even have to fire a single shot.  And the heists got better from there.  Anyway, in terms of missions, To Live and Die in Alderney was better than Three Leaf Clover.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

The Jewel Store Heist Alone makes Three Leaf Clover looks so Ancient although That mission influenced V's Heist Theme.It was an all time Greatest mission,but cant be compared with V's High Octaned Heists.

fashion
  • fashion

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

The Jewellery Store Heist and The Paleto Score were much better IMO

Agreed paleto was my favorite heist in the game and in all GTAs.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I...um...what?

Are you serious?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I...um...what?

Are you serious?

Lol i think the guy is just Joking

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by killahmatic, 17 February 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in IV, but that's because most missions weren't very-well put together. I'd say The Merryweather heist was worse, Blitz Play, The Jewel Store Job, and The Paleto Score were roughly equal to Three Leaf Clover, and The Bureau Raid & The Big Score were better than Three Leaf Clover. Keep in mind that some non-heist missions in V were also better than TLC.

All in all, I wasn't as impressed with the heist theme as I thought I'd be. I mean, they just seemed so short or simple. For instance, The Paleto Score is nothing more than a short shootout until you escape on the train. I would've liked it to continue the shootout while riding the train with objectives like shooting all helicopters down so you could escape police eyes. In R*'s mind, simply getting on the train equaled freedom and mission passed. Talk about a premature ending.

• Blingy, Official General, drr26 and 3 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in a terrible GTA game. And no, it wasn't better than the GTA V heists (Except maybe the Merryweather one).

Come at me SonOfLiberty!

User was banned for this post

• StarFyer, Ferocious Banger, Agni and 4 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Official General, 17 February 2014 - 05:13 PM.

I'd say Three Leaf Clover was better than all of GTA V's heists except for the first heist in the jewelry store. They were both on the same level.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in IV, but that's because most missions weren't very-well put together. I'd say The Merryweather heist was worse, Blitz Play, The Jewel Store Job, and The Paleto Score were roughly equal to Three Leaf Clover, and The Bureau Raid & The Big Score were better than Three Leaf Clover.

All in all, I wasn't as impressed with the heist theme as I thought I'd be. I mean, they just seemed so short or simple. For instance, The Paleto Score is nothing more than a short shootout until you escape on the train. I would've liked it to continue the shootout while riding the train with objectives like shooting all helicopters down so you could escape police eyes. In R*'s mind, simply getting on the train equaled freedom and mission passed. Talk about a premature ending.

I had that same thing in mind. But I do think that The Paleto Score was an epic Shootout plus ramming the cars with that digger was awesome. But yeah that is a great idea.

PookyThePenguin
  • PookyThePenguin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Three Leaf Clover was one of the best missions in the GTA series for me. The GTA V heists were equaly good.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Jewellery Heist(Both Approach)

The Big Score(Both Approach)

Blitz Play

Paleto Score

These are better than Three Leaf Clover.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'd say Three Leaf Clover was better than all of GTA V's heists except for the first heist in the jewelry store. 

I can't say is better than the Big Score(obvious approach) because there are things that the big score did better than Three Leaf Clover. 

For example

1.The Shootout was more intense

2. The heist was more involved and the robbery in TLC was just a cutscene. This is bad because it takes away from the heist itself that it can't be considered a heist

3.The wanted level escape was very intense. In TLC after you get out of the subway you get a wanted level, but at the same time, the mission tells you to go back to Packie's Ma house. This is also shows a bad mission writing because the wanted level is pretty pointless when you can just go to Packies mom's house.

• StarFyer and SuburbansWorst like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

I'd say that the Paleto Bay heist, Blitz Play and the big score where better missions/heists than Three Leaf Clover was. I still like Three Leaf Colver alot but prefer these as for me they where a bit more fun to play through as they all had different elements to them. Whereas Three Leaf Clover was just shoot and escape.

• SuburbansWorst likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

No, I don't think so.

Three Leaf Clover is very overrated, IMO.

As Fuzz said, Blitz Play was better by miles.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that was really good. You ARE joking aren't you?

• StarFyer and SuburbansWorst like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

While Some people are complaining of GTA 5's Heists-Themed Crime,Eidos Montreal is mentioning GTA in their interview of Thief.
Here is a Link: http://m.ie.ign.com/...things-in-thief

and here are some [quotes]:
" Is anyone on the design team a criminal?"

Adam:" I think everyones interested in that heist mentality. So when you look at a game like GTA or a film like Oceans Eleven, people are fascinated by that stuff. They dont necessarily have to be a criminal to enjoy that. Everyone enjoyed Oceans Eleven cos it was this fantastic heist thing, and its about watching someone else do something you would never do in real life."

Tbh i think it only some people that doesnt like GTA 5.even developers loves GTA 5.

RJX74
  • RJX74

United We Stand; Together, We Fall

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I liked Three Leaf Clover better, mainly cause all of a sudden we got forced into the subway, very unique. There was no checkpoint either so it was more intense, and you had to constantly use cover. The Paleto score is awesome in it's own way, all you meant to do is just use the minigun the whole way through.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Prolouge beats everything. Thats all I have to say : )

• Sakurai Aoi likes this

GTAV112
  • GTAV112

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

nah not really.

jewel store heist, paleto bay score and the other heist was better then three leaf clover.

jewel store has beaten the IV heist already, because the jewel store heist was just epic.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'd say Three Leaf Clover was better than all of GTA V's heists except for the first heist in the jewelry store. They were both on the same level.

See, this is where I'm left scratching my head...you admittedly have only played through V once, so how can you say that? You haven't even played all the heists your opinion is poorly formed.

Oh, did I mention bad? Yeah it's bad. You really think Three Leaf is at least on par with every V heist? Excuse me, I think I'm going to have to refrain from valuing your opinion as much as I have.

OT: Three leaf was great at the time, but it's only more exciting than Merryweather (smart) and the Bureau Raid(either option). And that only has to do with the fact that its more ballsy, conventional robbery versus a mission we see no money for, and a mission working for the FIB, which was lame. f*cking Steve Haines should do his own dirty work.
  • Fuzzknuckles, StarFyer, SuburbansWorst and 1 other like this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

I was actually a little annoyed by that. Here I am doing all these big scores and after I go through all this sh*t the government just comes laughs at you and treats you like a little bitch and takes it or (oh no its big bad madrazzo who is weak and old and could be dropped in one hit) comes bossing you around and you have to give him sh*t as well. Our crew has the balls to pull off all these jobs but not the balls to even keep any of it. I wanted to kill anybody in my way and would of went to war with Madrazzo and wiped his organization out but everybody is too scared. Tommy V wasn't scared when he took on ALL of Miami ALONE, but yet these THREE (Mr. Im a crazy meth head dont f*ck with me, and ooo I'm a gangsta nigga puttin in any work to get ahead, and then Michael...a weapons expert with a hard on for extreme danger and action. Oh not to mention they have a super hacker friend helping them) 

All of this and we are standing around handing our heist money over like some prison bitch because god forbid we make anybody else mad with us...oh no don't want that.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

pajkosinjoSRB
  • pajkosinjoSRB

Wrong Lever

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Three leaf clover had too much action for a heist.You rob a bank and you have a massive shootout with the police,escape to the subway,shoot the police even more,go out to the street,find a car and escape.The mission is good but too much shooting.

In GTA V it's simple.Rob a bank and run.

Unless you're in Paleto Bay.

Then there is a tank after you.

And you're screwed.

• rahjee likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by Tycek, 17 February 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Only two good heists in GTA V are Vangelico job and last one, because we're doing them for cash and ourselves. No higher authorities or reason. 

And I would say they are almost on the same level as TLC. Reason why I don't like Vangelico as much is the tacky scripted getaway, when one hit destroys every cop car. Try to pull this out in normal gameplay. UD one is cool, especially with obvious approach, but the cop resistance is a bit too easy to overcome. In TLC you felt really trapped, when in The Big One, you're are the badass killing poor cops. 

Paleto Score, Blitz Play and The FIB heists are rather weak in my opinion. Not only we're doing them for FIB, but they're also quite poorly executed. Paleto is nothing more than shootout with cops, mercenaries and tacky escape via train. Blitz Play is another shootout with cops (I like the way they grounded the truck - look at Robbie Williams "Road to Mandalay." And the FIB heist is just corridor shooter with elements of survival. 

And the Merrywheater heist is so good, I totally forgot about it. 

Summing this up, while TLC was probably on the level of Vangelico and The Big One it's stands out because it was just one heist in the IV (and first in GTA on such level of intensivity) and also just one of many missions in GTA IV, which is unfortunately not the case in GTA V.

• Ermac., nobum62 and Mr Oraange like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Blitz Play and Paleto Score were much more fun. 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 18 February 2014 - 12:38 AM.

No

Three Leaf Clover was exciting, but it was the exact same as every other mission in GTA IV

Drive to Location
Big Shoot Out

Escape Police

This

Three Leaf Clover was great (it was my second faviroute mission in the game), don't get me wrong, but it was just another shootout mission with a bank heist skin thrown over the top, all of GTA V's heists had something unique to them.

• Gantons Most Wanted and rahjee like this

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

I think the reasons that alot of people think that Three Leaf Clover is better than all the heists in GTA V are that:

A. It's completely out of the blue, almost nothing in the game hints to you that you were gonna rob a bank.

B. It's the only heist in the game. After you've done it, There's nothing like it again in the game.

• drr26 and Gameralfa095 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users