Photo

Tips for water racing

11 replies to this topic
Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Ever since the valentine event, I've been water racing to make some easy money. Problem is, i'm more of a death match kind of guy. I am very good at killing people. So, the only times I win a water race, is when it's GTA style. The problem with that is, not everyone is up for GTA style water races. Barley anyone is up for water races as it is. So, if I do have to race standard, I need tips to know how to be good at racing. Does anyone have any tips for me that can get me in 1st, if not, the top 3?

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Problem is, i'm more of a death match kind of guy. I am very good at killing people.

lawl, 1v1 m8, iz crozz u fagt.

GT: ChrilLe HD (no mic, lol)

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Keep the left analog stick down all the time

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

When you find yourself on a long strait, pull back on the joystick and it will help you maintain a pretty quick speed. Also when hair pin turns press A (Xbox)/X (PS3) it lets you make tighter turns in the boat.

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

What do mean? Like backward or foward?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 17 February 2014 - 02:26 PM.

Holding left stick forward is faster than not doing it.
Holding left stick back toward your body is faster than forward and gives more air on jumps.
Jumps make you slower. Avoid them if you can.
Holding "A" allows sharper turns and since boats dont have brakes does not slow you down.
If at all possible keep your turns smooth and rounded...tight turns kill your momentum.

I have a boat race called $eeing $tar$ that is specifically designed for GTA racing. Best with teams on Seasharks if your interested.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Trim the bow with up and down in accordance with the swell. Flat water trim the bow up for speed, rough water trim down to keep the boat on the water. Practice trimming with the sea shark, one of the sticks pulls and pushes the bow, I can't picture which one though.

Always look for the inside line between coronas, that's the line to try & drive most often. The speeder and the dingy are your best options IMO, speeder seems to be prefered as it's profile is sleek but the dingy turns on a dime, and can hold its own.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

It lifts the bow of your boat up

• Tritium likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Whenever I was trying to get up to high speeds I'd make sure the motor was as far "in" as possible to the hull so that the bow wouldn't tip up.

This not only made it a lot smoother when going over waves but also allowed me to see what I was approaching...

O wait this is GTAF.

Yeah just hold right trigger and do nothing, it's impossible to have any variables in a boat race in this game.

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Whenever I was trying to get up to high speeds I'd make sure the motor was as far "in" as possible to the hull so that the bow wouldn't tip up.
This not only made it a lot smoother when going over waves but also allowed me to see what I was approaching...
O wait this is GTAF.
Yeah just hold right trigger and do nothing, it's impossible to have any variables in a boat race in this game.

Actually, there is a lot you can do to better your speed and turns. Try some of what is said in these replies to see for yourself.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Backward

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:37 PM Edited by WTFThisIsntWii, 17 February 2014 - 02:38 PM.

• Use A or right bumper for tighter turns.
  • Hold left stick down (towards you) as it helps with going over waves
  • On flat straights press the left stick away from you.
  • The Sea Shark isn't as fast as some boats but makes up for that with more manoeuvrability which helps as boat races have lots of turns generally.
  • Try to approach checkpoints at an angle instead of straight on. Try to line up with the second checkpoint on the map not the one your heading towards but the one after it. That way you don't have to turn as hard.
  • Pretty much try to hit the checkpoints as fast as you can, do this by trying to use more gentle turns then straight ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users