Online Armored Trucks Too Easy.

30 replies to this topic
djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

I like the money, but I would prefer it to be a little more challenging. Throwing a sticky bomb and having the money fall out is crap lol. Players should have to go right up to the Armored Truck doors and plant the bomb, take cover and then go into the back of the truck to collect the cash.

The single player mission where they rob an Armored Truck was fun, but the online alternatives are bland.

The movie "Heat" also has a good Armored Truck scene.

Here is another one from the movie "The Town".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQEYQ2ccY6c

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Rob them whilst wearing a blind-fold.  That should amke it a bit more challenging.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

it;s definitely way too easy

but than again nothing in this game really gets complicated

any possible challenge comes from the insane AI shooting skills.

maybe they'll do a proper armoured truck robbery when heists come out

here's to hoping

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

You can always do it that way if you want to.

If I'm feeling it I sometimes do things the "realistic" way, how you said for example walking to the doors and placing it rather than throwing it, then take cover and blow it.

Throw in a good costume and mask for extra "feels".

What you want, is already kind of there.

Also, you can do the Heat style takedown on the free roam trucks, you just get about 3 minutes to plan and gather all the tools you require.

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'm definately looking forward to the upcoming online Heists. I hope they require some form of planning, unlike the current store robberies which are also too easy.

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

I like the money, but I would prefer it to be a little more challenging. Throwing a sticky bomb and having the money fall out is crap lol. Players should have to go right up to the Armored Truck doors and plant the bomb, take cover and then go into the back of the truck to collect the cash.

The single player mission where they rob an Armored Truck was fun, but the online alternatives are bland.

That was dumb of them to kill the 3 security guards.

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yea man, stealing money is one thing, but murdering them brings unwanted attention.

• -Velox likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

You can do it in different ways.

Get a big truck at chumash/paleto, chase the armored truck, block the road and stuff.. Just use your imagination

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yes, to easy IMO also. Blow open doors, pick up money, call creepy uncle Lester, done.

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

One the armored truck spawns, how long does it remain in the game? or how far does it need to get before it disappears? It seems like there isn't much time to plan.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Ibareny, on 17 Feb 2014 - 3:04 PM, said:

djb204, on 17 Feb 2014 - 2:44 PM, said:

That was dumb of them to kill the 3 security guards.

that's kind of the point of the movie

they have this new guy or last minute replacement or whatever and he goes a bit haywire during the heist

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

aaah i didnt know that you could get the cash by simply blowing up the doors...

i had like 13 trucks since october and have done them like i did in the story.

blocked the truck, killed the guards, place sticky, take cover, PROFIT!

now gonna have to wait a couple more months for armored trucks to show in my game to try out this new method.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

My lord. If we died three times trying to blast the armored car then it would all be about how Rockstar is making it hard to make money so we can buy the cash cards. lame.
  • meatrocket8 likes this

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

My lord. If we died three times trying to blast the armored car then it would all be about how Rockstar is making it hard to make money so we can buy the cash cards. lame.

The "heist" experience would be more rewarding then a few bags of in-game cash that would be spent just as fast as it fell out of the truck.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

I agree.

But it is what it is..   Try telling players that sticky bombs should be placed and not thrown and they will loose their damn minds.

• Five-Oh925 likes this

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

I agree.

But it is what it is..   Try telling players that sticky bombs should be placed and not thrown and they will loose their damn minds.

Rockstar should make it so that stick bombs don't stick to Armored Trucks when thrown, and must be placed for them to stick.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I agree.

Rockstar should make it so that stick bombs don't stick to Armored Trucks when thrown, and must be placed for them to stick.

Well to be honest they should not be thrown.  They should be placed.   Thats what those types of bombs are.

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I agree.

Well to be honest they should not be thrown.  They should be placed.   Thats what those types of bombs are.

I Agree 100%. If only this was an toggle option for realism when Hosting Invite Only Sessions.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by fish61324, 17 February 2014 - 03:06 PM.

So you're saying it's too easy? And you're saying it's crap? And your ONLY suggestion has you going in the back of the truck to pick up the money instead of the money falling out....

OH YES, how did no one else think of this.... going in the back of the truck would make is SO MUCH MORE 'AWESOMER'!!!!!

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

So you're saying it's too easy? And you're saying it's crap? And your ONLY suggestion has you going in the back of the truck to pick up the money instead of the money falling out....

OH YES, how did no one else think of this.... going in the back of the truck would make is SO MUCH MORE 'AWESOMER'!!!!!

Those were suggestions on how to make it "feel" like an actual heist. Currently we can simply drive up to the truck, throw a sticky bomb, the truck drives off, but the money falls out. So yes, it's a CRAPPY HEIST IMO. But you're obviosly just trying to be a douchebag.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

fish61324, on 17 Feb 2014 - 4:05 PM, said:

djb204, on 17 Feb 2014 - 2:44 PM, said:

well you'd at least have to stop the truck

now you just chase it in your car, blow it open before taking the money and driving off.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:19 PM Edited by Vooodu, 17 February 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Why do people jump all over players with they make good points in this forums.

The guy posted clips from heat and single player.  I think he just wants more of a realistic thrill to it.   Its pretty obvious from his post style and comments thats what he means. It is rather dull online how stickies and armored trucks work so smoothly.

As it stands its... Pull up, toss sticky, back up, BOOM, grab money... drive.   Barely 2 seconds.     Its so easy i can rob 25 in a row by going around in circles when it starts to spawn glitch.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

I dont mind the way it is. I like things to be a challenge but not all the time, so if it stays the way it is for the forseeable future then I would have no problem with it.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

To easy? If they where any harder, nobody would even bother with them. At most they have about 2 to 10k inside them lol.

djb204
  • djb204

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

To easy? If they where any harder, nobody would even bother with them. At most they have about 2 to 10k inside them lol.

any harder? they aint even a tad hard. They should bump up the difficulty and increase the payout. The Armored Trucks are boring and repetitive. Why are so many people waiting on heists? they want the complexity of them, the big payouts that require a little bit of skill. Armored Trucks could be alot more fun than they curretly are IMO.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I agree.

I Agree 100%. If only this was an toggle option for realism when Hosting Invite Only Sessions.

Enough of this anti-throwing sticky bomb agenda.  Sticky bombs were originally designed to be thrown but with litte success.  Look at the size of the thing in the game - it is perfectly reasonable that they should be throwable.

statistic
  • statistic

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

you don't have to use the sticky's, block the truck with your car, run back and blow open the doors with your shotgun.  The one star is a whole lot easier than the three it used to be, but you could kill the guards and/or wait for the cops if you feel like a proper chase...

But when you're in a hurry and just want the money, it's nice to just sticky, grab, lester, done.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I agree.

Enough of this anti-throwing sticky bomb agenda. 

Here come the noobs in full defensive mode...lol

I told ya OP.    Can't talk about stickies here.  :D

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I agree.

I told ya OP.    Can't talk about stickies here.   :D

I'm a noob because I throw a sticky bomb at an armoured truck?  You are truly an idiot.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by Vooodu, 17 February 2014 - 06:56 PM.

I agree.

I told ya OP.    Can't talk about stickies here.   :D

I'm a noob because I throw a sticky bomb at an armoured truck?  You are truly an idiot.

Stickys are not supposed to be thrown.. Hence, if you think they should be your a noob..  or just plain dumb.

Take your pick..  Nothing personal man.  But i called it and you nailed it.

So what ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users