Race Categories

12 replies to this topic
JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

I've just freed up a space in my garage, but cannot decide on what category to fill it with. I'm a racer so need to decide on a vehicle from one of the following categories.

Sedan

SUV

Compact

Neither seem to appear often in lobbies, but whenever they do I'm at a disadvantage.

As reference I've got the other categories pretty much covered

Gauntlet -Muscle

Entity - Super

Adder - Super

Elegy - Sports

Motorcross bike - Off Road

SandkingXL - Daily Driver

Z Type - Sports Classic

Exampler - Coupe

Akuma - Motorbike

So firstly, which category do you see most (of the 3) and secondly which car from that category would you reccomend?

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Compact and sedan... I would maybe go for a blista (the issi slides too much)

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Sedan:  Enus Super Diamond, I believe you can use it in Sedan and Sports races now... Not sure.

It's as fast as any sports car. Speaking from experience.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

always good to ahve a sedan in your garage, tailgaiter or shafter are probably the best options for that category... although the lesser used SUV's could help improve your win to loss ratio if you host some SUV races and stick with customs on... not many poeple have a custom SUV, whereas quite a few do have custom sedans...

personally i have 1 of each category in my main garage, and just a random selection of cars i like on my second character, if your serious about racing id get rid of one of your super cars and the sandking so you cna free up the 2 spaces you need for the other two options...

if you really like the sandking (which i do although im a SWB guy rather than XL) then keep one with your second character

• JonWal likes this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Definately Compacts. Get a Blista, I had one for my first Online car and they're great!

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

always good to ahve a sedan in your garage, tailgaiter or shafter are probably the best options for that category... although the lesser used SUV's could help improve your win to loss ratio if you host some SUV races and stick with customs on... not many poeple have a custom SUV, whereas quite a few do have custom sedans...

personally i have 1 of each category in my main garage, and just a random selection of cars i like on my second character, if your serious about racing id get rid of one of your super cars and the sandking so you cna free up the 2 spaces you need for the other two options...

if you really like the sandking (which i do although im a SWB guy rather than XL) then keep one with your second character

Thanks for the ideas, i was being swayed for either the Compact or Sedan. They really dont appear often, not noticably anyway.

The Super category gets played hell of a lot, ( Probably 40% of the time which is why i've kept 2)and if its a short twisty Circuit I'll use the Entity, if its a long course with a lot of straights Ill use the Adder.

i knew you'd pick on my Sandking! :-)  getting Rid is not an option.. haha

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 17 February 2014 - 11:25 AM.

I'm a racer too. About 1300 races.

SUV, Sedan and compact are the most unused categories IMO. I don't feel the need to own any of these. I got rid of my SUV. I've an Asea since 2 weeks. Except for the very first one, I didn't use it on a race yet.

I can count on one hand the times I used my SUVs.

And compact... I rarely saw custom ones in races I did. Quite useless.

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

So no to the SUV's then.

Either its Blista for the compacts, or Schafter or Tailgater for the Sedans?

Thanks Again

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Sedan:  Enus Super Diamond, I believe you can use it in Sedan and Sports races now... Not sure.

It's as fast as any sports car. Speaking from experience.

Thanks for the ideas, i was being swayed for either the Compact or Sedan. They really dont appear often, not noticably anyway.

The Super category gets played hell of a lot, ( Probably 40% of the time which is why i've kept 2)and if its a short twisty Circuit I'll use the Entity, if its a long course with a lot of straights Ill use the Adder.

i knew you'd pick on my Sandking! :-)  getting Rid is not an option.. haha

im not picking on the sandking as such, i really love mine and taking it out offroading in blaine county can be badass... but as a racer i have 1 character for racing, with cars i dont necessarily "like" but that are competitive on the track...  which pretty much rules out the sandking as off-road races are owned by sanchez, bifta or dune buggy

my second character i use more for messing about so she has all my fun vehicles, including the sandking... in some ways my first characters garage is pretty bland and obvious, as its "best in class" in most cases...

id defo drop a super though, although i completely get your point on the twisty vs straights debate with the entity and the adder, after a while of racing it becomes a bit irrelevant and keeping both is a bit of a waste of space (IMO, your welcome to disagree),, if i were you id run a solo playlist of cutting coroners, learning curve, dipping in, route 68, dockring and the commute... do it in your entity, then in your adder and keep an eye on the times... whichever gets round in the best overall and average time is your keeper...

nopking
  • nopking

GSG9

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

I like racing very much, i did about 340 races and won around 160 of them.

After trying almost every car in the game, I ended up with pretty much the same cars in my garage like you do.

Seems that our driving skills, tastes or handling bias are similar and therefore, my suggestions could perhaps fit quite well.

For sedan races, I'm getting along best with the Tailgater, and for compacts with the Blista (recently sold the Blista though, because compact races are very, very rare and i needed a slot for the Roosevelt).

As mentioned above, most people prefer sports or super sports races, the other classes are sadly neglected, often enough they even leave the lobby after joining when they see it's a sedan or coupé race. Besides the Elegy, i therefore bought a Carbonizzare. Those two feel to me like the Entity and Adder do for super sports (Elegy for traction on twisting tracks, Carbo for races where top speed matters more).

• JonWal likes this

nopking
  • nopking

GSG9

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Btw, i have created a race to test drive my cars around the Sandy Shores Airfield. It features both long straights and sharp turns as well as both paved and offroad sections. Because the laps are quite short (about 50-60 seconds) you can easily learn, practice and memorize the racing line, the braking points and figure out the best cornering techniques.

If you are on PS3, feel free to try it:
"Anotherone rides the dust" [Link]

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

As much as I heartily agree with Mo, I think we need to build the compact love. Races with them are different to all other classes, good fun on specifically made tight twisty tracks that would be annoying in any other class. All the other car classes run on more or less the same roads.
If someone decides they won't get one because they don't get used then thats another person who would race them but doesn't.

So uh, yeah, get a Blista.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

As much as I heartily agree with Mo, I think we need to build the compact love. Races with them are different to all other classes, good fun on specifically made tight twisty tracks that would be annoying in any other class. All the other car classes run on more or less the same roads.
If someone decides they won't get one because they don't get used then thats another person who would race them but doesn't.

So uh, yeah, get a Blista.

OP should stop reading here... lol

i do agree that OP should get all three of his missing "classes".. for compacts i personally prefer the blista and think it would suit the OP..., although the issi is a good shout if you prefer the feltzer to the elegy and the adder to the entity... based on driving style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users