Photo

The east coast of the map is underrated

8 replies to this topic
hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Palomino Highlands and Cape Catfish in particular. I like the peaceful and secluded atmosphere you get from them. Also that side of the map can be quite beautiful to look at.

• Sting4S likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

I guess, but do we really need a thread for this?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

The problem with the east coast of the map is it's shaded during sunset and Cali is best known for its sunsets so the Santa Monica and Venice Beach areas trump it for me. During early morning and midday though the east coast is solid and has a really good nature feel to it. One of the few places that actually feels secluded.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Lana is love, Lana is life

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by TheCornking101, 20 February 2014 - 11:28 PM.

The east coast of the map shouldn't even exist, since in California, mountains, desert and the Salton Sea are to the east of Los Angeles.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 21 February 2014 - 01:00 AM.

The east coast of the map shouldn't even exist, since in California, mountains, desert and the Salton Sea are to the east of Los Angeles.

I thought Grand Theft Auto V was set in San Andreas, not California.

• Sting4S likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

I thought Grand Theft Auto V was set in San Andreas, not California.

San Andreas (HD Era) is based on Southern California,that why it known as Southern SA in V.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

I guess, but do we really need a thread for this?

Not really, but do we really need your post for this..?

Also I really enjoy scuba-diving off the east coast, amazing blue waters and beautiful sunrises. The underwater cliffs/canyons are awesome to sub or swim through too.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:47 AM Edited by StingrayX, 21 February 2014 - 02:26 PM.

10373853005_c2f0f36ee3_o.jpg

Back in October, I modified the Benefactor Dubsta pictured above and decided it was best to head to the Mount Gordo trails and do some off-roading. Mount Gordo is quite an underrated mountain, and to me it is just so much more diverse and beautifully executed than Mount Chiliad. It abuts the coast too so that is a definite plus for me.

10373846674_e1dd0dc7d3_o.jpg

The trails were very steep and narrow, but my armored and turbocharged Dubsta made it out with no scratches and it actually had a suspension, shockingly, that was suitable for tough terrain. At night I had passed a creepy pond right before I reached the area pictured above. I passed another beautiful pond, which is the first picture. It felt very isolated and dawn-daytime is just jaw droppingly beautiful.

10374055403_5cac548914_o.jpg

There were loads of photo opportunities but I only captured a few as this trail was quite fun and I was eager to see where it ended. It ended somewhere wooded along the coast, and I had then begun to ignorantly explore this coast via grass and rocks, hoping I would not run into a terrain too unbearable for my SUV. I ran into an area with an intriguing cave too.

10374060463_bc8286295d_o.jpg

I also ran into a few natural rock arches along the coast after passing the cape town and light house. It got foggy and I found a deserted beach at night to stop at. Did not catch any photos but it was very secluded and camp-ish feeling. I ran into another arch when it had begun to rain. I was pissed because I had intended to see it in the daylight, but I got a photo anyways.

10373851414_0b0eff12c9_o.jpg

The last place I actually took interest in along this wonderful journey were the beautiful and green Palomino Highlands. I'm sure there was quite a lot to see there but I stayed along the coast.

10388830606_cbf4f3db12_o.jpg

This journey was absolutely lovely and the water was mesmerizing. The beautiful coastline and the landforms that abutted it left a very beautiful imprint in my mind that I will never forget. One thing I praise Rockstar on is their wonderful ability to create such a lovely area. This area was needed to me because everywhere else felt so un-secluded and way too popular and overrated. This area felt relaxing, quiet. It was far from those annoying police sirens, NPC's, and mediocre drivers. It is a place of serenity.

The east coast is the best place on the map. In my opinion. :)
  • Choco Taco, ryan_J, NeilL95 and 3 others like this

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

[pics]

you deserve more likes

• Sting4S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users