Opinion of GTA III Mobile.

18 replies to this topic
jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

I just got GTA 3 on my Ipod 4G. I haven't played it yet. The reason why I got it is because I lost my PS2 version. What do you think of this version of the game.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'd say, it's convenient enough to have one of your favorite games on a portable device. I'm not much into playing on portable devices, but it's a good experience. 

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

I think it's really good. Probably one of the best games you can get on iOS handheld devices in my opinion, as Vice City was buggy and San Andreas crashes after literally 2 minutes (seriously, I can't even pass Mike Toreno before it crashes).

It's just as good as the ps2 version, the controls are great compared to some of the other ps2 era ports of other games and other franchises. It's pretty cheap too from what I remember, even cheaper than the Steam version although lacking some obvious capabilities.

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

It's $4.99 and I just tried it. I have gotten up to Pump-Action Pimp and it plays just like the 2001 version. The only bad thing about the game is that it is very hard to shoot a gun from your car. Besides that, it is well worth the money.

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

i have gta on my pc, laptop, ps3 and ipod 

http://media.tumblr....Ku0U1qfg5e4.gif

• universetwisters likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

But what's your opinion on the iPod version? That's what you should be answering in this thread ;)

I personally like GTA III for Mobile, even though a few things aren't as easy, and there are a few small tweaks in the environment, it still provides the great entertainment. :)

RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Crackhead

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

I find the only annoying thing is the shooting. Preferably I would have a mouse. But its still a good game.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

I can't say much about it because I only bought it and played about 3 minutes of it, really hoping to get my PS controller to work with my Galaxy S4.. then I'll definitely be hooked into it as much as the Chain Game here.

Anyway it looks better than I thought, really took me by surprise.

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

But what's your opinion on the iPod version? That's what you should be answering in this thread ;)

I personally like GTA III for Mobile, even though a few things aren't as easy, and there are a few small tweaks in the environment, it still provides the great entertainment. :)

i gotta tell ya, it's a whole lot different from ps, no cheats (not that i used, but just saying) it's harder but fun when you're waiting your turn for a dental check-up, my experience 

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

I have very mixed feelings about it. I have been playing GTA III, VC, and SA on the PC and PS2/PS3 for a very long time and I love those old games (lol a helluva lot more than GTA IV and V). Anyway, of course, when III and VC became available on the iPad, I raced to download them. Yes, it is a true joy to see these games and even fool around with them on a freaking iPad of all things! And the textures and reworked graphics on my Retina Display iPad are just truly gorgeous.

But I cannot, for the life of me, get proficient enough with the virtual controls on the iPad surface to make the game as immersive and enjoyable. I just find everything so cumbersome. I did a full 100% completion campaign on GTA III Mobile, but some of the missions, like Paramedic (which is easy with a controller) are downright torture on the iPad. It isn't so much they missions and tasks are not doable. They are very doable. But the gunplay, driving and chasing, an other thigns, just feel very cumbersome to me without a controller and real buttons. Maybe I will get used to them. I am about halfway through Vice City, and I can do the missions without failing them, but I am finding that the thigns I love best about the games are harder to enjoy without a controller.

I think a true GTA fan has to get these games, and I am probably going to dowload San Andreas, but SA is a game that looks like it will be very hard to get used to on an iPad. I know there is controller support and all, but I don't want t jailbreak my device to use a PS3 controller and I also don't want to pay between $60 and $100 for a controller for one game, not to mention I don't think these controllers work with III and VC. Anyway, I think it is a great effort and beautiful looking ports, but my 2 cents is that for me, the games don't feel as immersive and organic as they do on the PC or Playstation or Xbox.

AtomicNukeXR
  • AtomicNukeXR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Well I play it on the Xbox and yeah its pritty awesome. I still play it. You should play San andreas to. Its one of my fav.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Well I play it on the Xbox.

Well then that's not III Mobile (What the topic is about) is it? ;)

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

I like it. It's much better than the other crap apps.

The only issue I have is that I can't throw a grenade where I want to. And, the controls are kinda crappy but, after a while I got used to them.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

I would much prefer the mobile version if I could connect a controller to it, I kind of dislike the default controls... well not 'dislike' but they can be found unnecessarily awkward.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I've just beaten GTA III on my iPhone 4S yesterday. It was certainly a great expierence jumping back into my favorite city of all time. However, since I'm a PC Gamer and have never had any console of any sort, it was very difficult to me. Most shooting missions took me like above 5 tries to complete it, because the lock on system is nutts. I remember beating these missions from like first try in the PC version of the game.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I've just beaten GTA III on my iPhone 4S yesterday. It was certainly a great expierence jumping back into my favorite city of all time. However, since I'm a PC Gamer and have never had any console of any sort, it was very difficult to me. Most shooting missions took me like above 5 tries to complete it, because the lock on system is nutts. I remember beating these missions from like first try in the PC version of the game.

I have found certain elements hard, being a console gamer - I can only imagine whats its like for a PC Gamer. 

• Cakelover21 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

It's pretty good but the controls are crap.
Other than that, like I said, It's good.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

It's pretty good but the controls are crap.
Other than that, like I said, It's good.

I wouldn't say that the controls were entirely crap, sure they can be bad in a few different areas but on the whole I don't think they are that bad.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

5 stars on mobile!! Really good game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users