Sink Holes

29 replies to this topic
JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hi, guys. This is a topic for everyone to share the latest on sinkholes and information in general. What are they? Why are they happening? Are they happening more frequently? Have you ever come across a sinkhole yourself?

I have nearly fallen in some man-sized holes. It's a hazard if you run in prairie or something. Probably the biggest sinkhole I've seen was 20 feet by 20 feet and I'm not sure how deep. I started to crawl in it, but got scared because I didn't have a flashlight and I was by myself. It might have sank on me.

Anyway, here's a wide range of scary sinkholes for us to talk about and please feel free to share your personal experiences with sinkholes.

• theadmiral likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

^ Now that's a sinkhole.

Just know this: At any moment, the ground below you could collapse and swallow you into the ground. No one would probably ever find your body, either.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

Sorry you're going to get banned here in a bit, Lukas72.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

I live in Florida about half a mile from the beach, and it's a sinkhole zone. At any moment can a sinkhole bust out of nowhere and eat your entire family and leave you weeping in sorrow, giving handjobs to strangers behind a 7/11 to get money to rebuild your shattered life.

That's one of the many reasons why I hate Florida.

• Melchior likes this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

Those are some mighty fine sinkholes above but here is a news report from the national corvette museum and how a sinkhole opened up and this is by far the most tragic sinkhole I think anyone has ever seen
http://www.nytimes.c...urs-8-cars.html
  • JIMHO likes this

Panz
  • Panz

JLaw Enthusiast

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

That last sinkhole is horrifying! Everyone here talks about it all the time. It's just that devastating.

• JIMHO likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

0crO1tR.gif

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

^ I remember that episode

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

It was the movie.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

It was the movie.

Yah now I remember it a little better

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

It was the movie.

Yah now I remember it a little better

And since then marked the decline of The Simpsons

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

I live in Florida about half a mile from the beach, and it's a sinkhole zone. At any moment can a sinkhole bust out of nowhere and eat your entire family and leave you weeping in sorrow, giving handjobs to strangers behind a 7/11 to get money to rebuild your shattered life.

Same here, except I think I've seen one sinkhole ever in real life, and I'm not even sure it was a natural sinkhole. It sort of looked like if someone pushed a running hose into the ground and all the dirt and sand around the hole started caving inward toward the hole on a slope. Someone told me it was a sinkhole though. Now that I'm older I think someone was messing with water a little bit too much. :sigh:

PpsOuNS.jpg

It was shaped like this tub. Maybe a little bit more concave, but not too much. And it was huge, like with a diameter of 30+ feet.

After looking up sinkholes for about five or six minutes I have concluded that they're nothing more than dark, twisted fairy tales created by political cartoonists and conspiracy theorist nutjobs who want to wish some sort of legitimate or financial death on things or people that are built on the ground. It would seem to follow that Florida and Texas are some of the "riskier" areas. One "article" I found even mentioned the possibility of the entire country of Chile sinking into the ocean to allow new beachfront property for Argentina. How far will these dark wizards of geology go to appease their thirst for instilling fear in their enemies?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Same here, except I think I've seen one sinkhole ever in real life, and I'm not even sure it was a natural sinkhole. It sort of looked like if someone pushed a running hose into the ground and all the dirt and sand around the hole started caving inward toward the hole on a slope. Someone told me it was a sinkhole though. Now that I'm older I think someone was messing with water a little bit too much. :sigh:

I've lived here for almost 9 years and I haven't found a sinkhole that wasn't on the news. I guess sinkholes don't happen much in Daytona.

Myron
  • Myron

Look

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

OtPmTgI.png

One massive sinkhole right here.

• universetwisters, THE GHETTO SAMURAI, Danz. and 2 others like this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

OtPmTgI.png

Damn that one could swallow the Titanic

Hell maybe a few times
  • TheGreenSadler likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

OtPmTgI.png

I forgot we updated our design.

I'm still on the 2013 theme. It's a good, simple theme for simple people like me, aside from the everything-related-to-V banner

Myron
  • Myron

Look

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

OtPmTgI.png

I'm still on the 2013 theme. It's a good, simple theme for simple people like me, aside from the everything-related-to-V banner

The new theme f*cks up my desktop as you can see. I changed for the screenshot it because I figured otherwise this post would be flooded with 'oh my god you still use the old theme.'

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:23 AM

OtPmTgI.png

The new theme f*cks up my desktop as you can see. I changed for the screenshot it because I figured otherwise this post would be flooded with 'oh my god you still use the old theme.'

Don't be a conformist. Be an INDIVIDUAL.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by Werebot85, 17 February 2014 - 07:46 PM.

The Big Hole in Kimberley (in that vid) isn't even a sinkhole. It's a mine, excavated by hand

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Opera? This man lives dangerously.

Anyhoo, there's been a few sinkholes from the floods in the UK; one near I live in Hemel is 35ft wide and 20ft deep, and goes under a road and a few houses. Another under the centrepoint of a motorway...gotta love sinkholes. 

Myron
  • Myron

Look

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Anyhoo, there's been a few sinkholes from the floods in the UK; one near I live in Hemel is 35ft wide and 20ft deep, and goes under a road and a few houses. Another under the centrepoint of a motorway...gotta love sinkholes. 

Opera is the safest browser bro. Also the fastest and the least sh*t. It was also the first one to use multiple tabs in one browser.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by Fireman, 17 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Opera is the safest browser bro. Also the fastest and the least sh*t. It was also the first one to use multiple tabs in one browser.

Why didn't you leave one funny tab on for the screenshot so someone could make a funny joke about a funny tab being open.

Myron
  • Myron

Look

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Why didn't you leave one funny tab on for the screenshot so someone could make a funny joke about a funny tab being open.

Me, funny?

I'm afraid not good sir.

• theadmiral likes this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

I think this topic is steering away from sinkwholes
  • JIMHO likes this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by JIMHO, 17 February 2014 - 02:16 PM.

A-holes are sinkholes, too.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

So are vaginas to but those got deleted
  • JIMHO likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Blue holes are scary looking as hell. The thought of swimming in shallow water and then suddenly hovering over +100ft deep water is scary.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Comedic genius.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Don't forget about blue waffles.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Deo Vindice

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Don't forget about blue waffles.
Those are f*cking scary

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Ah yes. I have been to the 6th Avenue strip club. I advise none of to go but if you ever feel like investigating more it's in Terre Haute, Indiana. Don't tip the waitress and don't tell them "vanzant" sent you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users