Rockstars stance on glitched money

24 replies to this topic
Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

So a long time ago, back when the LSC glitch was first discovered I used it and gained around $20,000,000 or so. Spent most of it but I still have a couple million left and have never had any action taken against me. Now I've heard some people claim they have been banned or put in a bad sport lobby for glitching money and was wondering if there is any actual proof of this? I honestly don't care anymore at this point if I am banned or not from GTAO because I've been long since done with it but I am interested what they are doing about it.

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

it's like I went back in time. 

• singemfrc, Killzone3265, We Are Ninja and 4 others like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

From what I can tell, they don't mind anything they left by mistake with some limits.
  • MsWolfe likes this

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

The only way to know is report yourself or admit it in public. Oh wait...and it doesn't matter and you don't play anyway. Wtf? I'm confused.

Back to beer drinking, this stuff is just way above me.

Grapploid
  • Grapploid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

So a long time ago, back when the LSC glitch was first discovered I used it and gained around $20,000,000 or so. Spent most of it but I still have a couple million left and have never had any action taken against me. Now I've heard some people claim they have been banned or put in a bad sport lobby for glitching money and was wondering if there is any actual proof of this? I honestly don't care anymore at this point if I am banned or not from GTAO because I've been long since done with it but I am interested what they are doing about it.

You bored yourself to death, well done. You  cheated the game for your self andgrisement and was left feeling hollow after .  You boring twat, please f*ck off from this ame

• PkUnzipper, We Are Ninja and Sangers like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

Send them your account info to find out.

• PkUnzipper likes this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Nothing if you don't get reported.
Being a glitch, everything adds up in R* DB.
I mean, you sold all this cars for what they were worth. Everything looks normal.
Unlike modding, where you modify it so not everything adds up.
As long as nobody reports you you're good.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

You bored yourself to death, well done. You  cheated the game for your self andgrisement and was left feeling hollow after .  You boring twat, please f*ck off from this ame

From this "ame" hmmm, I will assume you tried to spell "game" but you just weren't smart enough to pull it off. As for boring myself to death...nope wrong again lol. Never much cared about online because its never going to be as good as sp and that is a fact little man. Also there was no hollow feeling, I felt quite happy with what I did knowing I didn't have to waste my time doing a boring grind and instead can just do all the fun stuff unlike you slaving away for your "legit" money haha

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

Send them your account info to find out.

I can't really be bothered to do such a task but I've had plenty of people that I've harassed online send me messages that they are reporting me  :lol: so maybe R* will get to it, maybe not. At this point I doubt it though, even if they did "take action" it would be just back to the bad sport lobbies again. That doesn't effect me because I only play SP these days.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

What is the point of this thread?It seems rather pointless.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Rockstar only banned or deleted dns money because it came from hacked sources. The old lsc glitch was internal and they can't separate legitimate car sales from others. If you did the lsc glitch and know how much you did, take a look at you car sales stats now. They change all the time with sales of ballers, HPV, Simeon requested, and personal vehicles. And now with the capability of selling every car you ever owned it goes up even more. I got rid of my old Adder today because I never use it and it was just sitting there with the you can't sell cars 50k+ tag. With patch 1.10 I sold it for 763k and my car sales stats went way up.  

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

From what I can tell, only the people that recently used DNS at the end of January got/were banned.

DNS altering around Xmas time seems to have been forgotten about. As we still see these crazy high ranks. 300+.

All lsc glitching, insurance duping, mechanic duping seems to be getting away with it. They have recently patched all these exploits.

So I gather that any exploit that existed in game will not be punished. But recently altering DNS will get you banned after they warned 'taking aim at Gta online cheaters'

I'm pretty sure when they performed the 'shutdown' they put tools in place to 'flag' accounts of DNS modifying

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

when they did the money wipe, LSC glitched money was untouched if you had spent less than you earned from glitching. R* will warn against glitching with a cheater pool visit, but it's rare, even rarer is being banned for it, i'd bet being reported wouldn't be enough, and the result of reporting yourself would be based more on your cockyness than glitching.

on a side note, i love how ppl think that glitched money makes the game boring, if anything it makes the game wayyyyyy better, concentrate on the things you enjoy instead of working to enjoy them!

• iddqdvie likes this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

hold it in, there is nothing wrong about glitching, in fact the game made more fun with lots of money! now its this strange mixture of fun in freeroam and repeating the same sh*t over and over again just to keep up with the costs that FUN in freeroam generates. its a PAY 2 PLAY thing, just with ingame time spent in a hamsterwheel,  

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

From this "ame" hmmm, I will assume you tried to spell "game" but you just weren't smart enough to pull it off. As for boring myself to death...nope wrong again lol. Never much cared about online because its never going to be as good as sp and that is a fact little man. Also there was no hollow feeling, I felt quite happy with what I did knowing I didn't have to waste my time doing a boring grind and instead can just do all the fun stuff unlike you slaving away for your "legit" money haha

no just wasted your time driving back and forth into a garage door while the rest of us actually had fun playing the game...

how is grinding a mission any more or less boring than grinding a glitch?? both require a monotonous dedication to repetitive tasks... what makes you any better than "legit" players who grind missions?? nothing... jsut like they are no better than you...

i immediately switched off to your points with your second post when you called grapploid a "little man". so obviously your better than everyone else??.. way to get childish about opinions OP.... your first post was questionable given that you dont play online, clearly stated your not bothered, yet motivated enough to start a thread about it... the immediate "defensive" reply from you just hammered the nail in the coffin lid...

• Rob142sti and Zondar like this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by Ecstasyisfun, 17 February 2014 - 10:07 AM.

no just wasted your time driving back and forth into a garage door while the rest of us actually had fun playing the game...

how is grinding a mission any more or less boring than grinding a glitch?? both require a monotonous dedication to repetitive tasks... what makes you any better than "legit" players who grind missions?? nothing... jsut like they are no better than you...

i immediately switched off to your points with your second post when you called grapploid a "little man". so obviously your better than everyone else??.. way to get childish about opinions OP.... your first post was questionable given that you dont play online, clearly stated your not bothered, yet motivated enough to start a thread about it... the immediate "defensive" reply from you just hammered the nail in the coffin lid...

it gave roughly 30-50m an hour when the LSC glitch was in full swing, i bet you grinded longer than 2/3 hours, also you could do 20 mins or so at a time which is what i did so it didnt seem so boring.

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

grinding a glitch.... 20 minutes of missions generates 25kish... 20 minutes of glitching could generate upto 5 million, based on time vs money earned, glitching is far from a grind, if you play missions for fun then good for you, but alot of us don't enjoy them, hence why ppl glitch, it all comes down to personal preference, just because you like missions/jobs doesn't mean everyone should and the fact ppl glitch doesn't mean they are not having fun. at the end of the day it has no impact on your game, so who cares what others do.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

What's glitching money?

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

What's glitching money?

I think it's something to do with a Gerald.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

What's glitching money?

I think it's something to do with a Gerald.

I don't know who that is either.  I think I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut about him though.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Legits are so rude and negative.
  • redfirebird87 likes this

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by huckmonkey, 17 February 2014 - 07:51 PM.

From what I can tell, only the people that recently used DNS at the end of January got/were banned.

DNS altering around Xmas time seems to have been forgotten about. As we still see these crazy high ranks. 300+.

All lsc glitching, insurance duping, mechanic duping seems to be getting away with it. They have recently patched all these exploits.

So I gather that any exploit that existed in game will not be punished. But recently altering DNS will get you banned after they warned 'taking aim at Gta online cheaters'

I'm pretty sure when they performed the 'shutdown' they put tools in place to 'flag' accounts of DNS modifying

Exactly. And if you get warned that you are flagged as a possible cheater, THEN they are watching you closely and will ban if you money glitch. They are not punishing for past or minor stuff. They ARE trying to stop and deterre present and future game breaking hacking and exploits.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:34 PM Edited by Sir Winthorpe Herrington, 17 February 2014 - 08:33 PM.

I'm guessing you either don't have much going on upstairs or your just really slow to this entire concept but glitching those millions was very fast and if you think me making a few million in the amount of time it takes you to do some little 25k madrazzo mission equals out to the same grind, then you are sadly mistaken. 

Exactly. And if you get warned that you are flagged as a possible cheater, THEN they are watching you closely and will ban if you money glitch. They are not punishing for past or minor stuff. They ARE trying to stop and deterre present and future game breaking hacking and exploits.

Ok that's cool. I've never been warned or anything so I guess i'm in the clear. 

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Why OP...

WzYAjON.gif

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Why OP...

WzYAjON.gif

Never you mind, my question has been answered.

/thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users