• blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

Well the Roman Empire was from Italy.

The ignorance is too much sometimes. He thought that was a zinger.  :lol: Tell me about the Filipino golden age.

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

Not WW2, but we strung that faccia brutta Mussolini up by his feet with the rest of his worthless family afterward. Business as usual.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Roman_Empire Educate yourself.

Wow. I was kidding, dude, since you said equal opportunity.

I thought we were having fun  :cry: No hard feelings. I give as good as I get, perhaps sometimes more than is necessary.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Should be around the time we beat Spain despite underpowered weaponry and practically no armor.
  • blackmyst likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

My aunt (and two cousins) is Half-Korean and Half-Filipino. I love her cooking.

That was patronizing, wasn't it? Oh well. I wub her.

LeperJones
  • LeperJones

SANTANIST

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

Do you make it a point to report people using hate speech in GTA:O Lobbies?

Today I was in a lobby and a bunch of people were attacking (Verbally) this person that had a obvious accent from the Middle East. They were using every slur you could think of. So I made good use of the report button yes the person could have just left the lobby but there is no excuse for anyone using hate speech.
What do you do when you hear thing like this in lobbies?

I'd report that crap too. Ignorance is one of the most disgusting of things about humanity.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

I've found that people choose when and when not to be ignorant based on the situation. Very hypocritical, but when they feel threatened they will say anything while if they are being treated as a friend, it would be different.

Like the saying goes...

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Ignorance is bliss as well.
  • SFBryan18 likes this

LeperJones
  • LeperJones

SANTANIST

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

I've found that people choose when and when not to be ignorant based on the situation. Very hypocritical, but when they feel threatened they will say anything while if they are being treated as a friend, it would be different.

Like the saying goes...

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

Quite true. I'll admit to it. Although I don't go on and insult race. I think that's too specific. If I insult, I make sure the insult applies to them. :p

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Funny.  I'd rather listen to some racial slurs, or hate speech more than the numerous idiots that either A) Heavily breathe into their mic B)  Stupid annoying kids, and C)  Knobs that constantly play music.  I'd at least wouldn't have to use the Toggle Mute button so much.

• Cincy32 and SFBryan18 like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Funny.  I'd rather listen to some racial slurs, or hate speech more than the numerous idiots that either A) Heavily breathe into their mic B)  Stupid annoying kids, and C)  Knobs that constantly play music.  I'd at least wouldn't have to use the Toggle Mute button so much.

Also,

D. Circle jerking each other with fake ass conversation.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

theres a thing called freedom of speech

• Cincy32 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

theres a thing called freedom of speech

Call the white house and make a threat and see how free you are.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

Freedom of speech unless stated by rules of the place.

For example, you can't flame anyone here in GTAF.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Racial slurs fall into the category of slander and harassment. Over the internet, they get away with it, but in a public place it might get you arrested.

PhiSig
  • PhiSig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

I think I've heard more racial slurs and bad language from the NPC's than from any other player, so I wouldnt even think of reporting someone who mimics the in-game language.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

I think I've heard more racial slurs and bad language from the NPC's than from any other player, so I wouldnt even think of reporting someone who mimics the in-game language.

Because this game was made for us to copy in real life...

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Racial slurs and offensive language are cool. They're also protected by the US's First Amendment. So no, I do not report racial slurs. In fact, I usually display my patriotism as an American and say the most offensive things I can when a lobby is full of idiots.

• I.haigh likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Take that patriotism to the streets and use it on a cop. See how much freedom you have then. They will charge you with disturbing the peace and throw you in a holding cell.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

I ABSOLUTELY report those using hate speech and if it gets excessive I submit this information to the GTABANHAMMER email account.

As a community we need to stand up for what is right and not let the vocal minority give the rest of the world reason to think of gamers as immature racist homophobes.

One day, one of these types from the Karnalez crew was calling me a n***** Jew f***** and then asked "U MAD BRO?"

My answer? YES! If you aren't mad at hateful ignorance there is something wrong with you and unfortunately in the Internet Age, too many of these kids grow up learning that confronting hatred somehow makes you weak, like you are supposed to laugh at everything.

Everything isn't a joke and some matters ARE important. So many of these people will feel differently when they grow up, have kids of their own, interact with the world. But confined to gaming, hiding behind a microphone and a gaming console, they feel okay saying any and everything.

It's wrong and it's always been wrong,

If you don't have the GUTS to stand up to what is wrong in this world, then at least have the guts to support those who do.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

Racial slurs and offensive language are cool. They're also protected by the US's First Amendment. So no, I do not report racial slurs. In fact, I usually display my patriotism as an American and say the most offensive things I can when a lobby is full of idiots.

Take that patriotism to the streets and use it on a cop. See how much freedom you have then. They will charge you with disturbing the peace and throw you in a holding cell.

You're so funny.

I read your earlier post. You said that hate speech is illegal because of harassment and slander. You obviously have no idea that those two words are legimate legal words that have their own legal definitions because you used them completely wrong. Check out a website called "legaldictionary" and read what it says on those words. Then go to a law school before you spew speech more idiotic than racial slurs.

Also, what you have suggested, I know people who have done such things. One person yelled "ni**ers!" to two police officers and they did nothing (because they can't). I also know people who have yelled "Shoot him!" at a cop who had someone pulled over on the side of the road. Again, nothing happened.

This may also come as a surprise to you, but it's also legal in the US to flip off a cop.

You're going to call bullsh*t, but look it up. I've been to law school and I'm working on becoming a police officer so I know what I'm talking about.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 03:40 AM.

So you've gone to law school I guess since you're telling me to go?

If a cop chooses to ignore you, it's because he has better sh*t to do. Is it legal? Maybe. Can the cop arrest you? The cop can do anything he wants. If you don't know this, you probably haven't lived long enough to know that no one is truly free. People talk about freedom of speech, but you don't have the freedom to plan a terrorist attack or tell someone you're going to kill them. Racial slurs and hate speech can be interpreted in a number of ways, including slander, harassment, and even verbal threats since you are choosing to throw words at someone which could potential be hostile. Keep believing in your fake freedom, because someday you'll be facing a huge lawsuit which, win or lose, will end up costing you a sh*t load of money for nothing. Or maybe you'll just get jumped.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

No I never report anyone.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

I generally have everyone on mute, but if I hear any sort of hate speech when I don't have mute on, I'd report it. 

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by Cincy32, 17 February 2014 - 03:51 AM.

So you've gone to law school I guess since you're telling me to go?

If a cop chooses to ignore you, it's because he has better sh*t to do. Is it legal? Maybe. Can the cop arrest you? The cop can do anything he wants. If you don't know this, you probably haven't lived long enough to know that no one is truly free. People talk about freedom of speech, but you don't have the freedom to plan a terrorist attack or tell someone you're going to kill them. Racial slurs and hate speech can be interpreted in a number of ways, including slander, harassment, and even verbal threats since you are choosing to throw words at someone which could potential be hostile. Keep believing in your fake freedom, because someday you'll be facing a huge lawsuit which, win or lose, will end up costing you a sh*t load of money for nothing. Or maybe you'll just get jumped.

Well yes, I did go to law school. If you had read my post you would have known that.

Again, harassment, slander, threats, are all precise legal words which you are using incorrectly.

As for getting sued, that will never happen. As long as you don't publish or broadcast false information about someone then you can't be sued (libel and SLANDER, latter word used correctly here). As for getting jumped, again, I'm not worried about that at all. I know how to fight, I'm physically fit, and I am fortunate enough to live in a state that issues concealed carry permits and whose permits are recognized by 33 other states. One person jumps me, they're getting whooped. If multiple people jump me then I'm shooting in self-defense. Using offensive language does not magically give legal protection to people who want to commit violence against said person.

Also, don't you think that this whole conversation between us is highly ironic given that you threatened me with bodily harm through PM?

You threatening me is actually something that you CAN get arrested or sued for. Not for saying "ni**er."

Also, let me just include this quote from one of Voltaire's biographers, often misattributed to Voltaire himself. "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Go move to North Korea and then tell us your nuanced thoughts on how freedom doesn't exist. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what you're saying is ignoring the fact that legally, racial slurs do fall into the category of protected speech.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 03:58 AM.

blah blah blah

LoL, quote me. There were no threats issued so I am calling BS on everything about you because you are obviously retarded. Good luck with that freedom though. Go take a ride through the ghetto yelling racial slurs. See how free you are then. "Shooting in self defense" LoL. God I hate people like you. I hope you fail in everything you try.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

I've always had voice chat disabled because I can't stand it. The only people I ever report are those with high ranks.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

blah blah blah

LoL, quote me. There were no threats issued so I am calling BS on everything about you because you are obviously retarded. Good luck with that freedom though. Go take a ride through the ghetto yelling racial slurs. See how free you are then. "Shooting in self defense" LoL. God I hate people like you. I hope you fail in everything you try.

^ Is against using racial slurs and then calls someone "retarded" after threatening bodily harm to them through PM.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:01 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 04:08 AM.

blah blah blah

^ Is against using racial slurs and then calls someone "retarded" after threatening bodily harm to them through PM.

Correct. Your mental capacity has no connection with your ethnicity. People like you are stupid no matter where they're from. And no matter how many times you say it, it won't make it true. I never threatened you.

Here's the message:

I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about, but if you're so badass, come see me in real life bitch.

Where's the threat? How exaclty did you pull "bodily harm" from that?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

Yes. Racists and nationalists are ignorant f*cks and need to have their filth-dropping gobs forced shut.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

Racism still exists?

And on the internet??!!

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:59 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 17 February 2014 - 05:00 AM.

Racism still exists? 

Always has, probably always will too. Everyone could look the exact same, and people would still be divided over politics, height, weight, sexuality, tastes in music...anything really. That's one of the downsides of the human brain's tendency to compartmentalize everything. You can't stick two people in the same room without one trying to dominate the other in some way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users