Do you make it a point to report people using hate speech in GTA:O Lob

60 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Do you make it a point to report people using hate speech in GTA:O Lobbies?

Today I was in a lobby and a bunch of people were attacking (Verbally) this person that had a obvious accent from the Middle East. They were using every slur you could think of. So I made good use of the report button yes the person could have just left the lobby but there is no excuse for anyone using hate speech.
What do you do when you hear thing like this in lobbies?

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by MsWolfe, 17 February 2014 - 12:31 AM.

Racism still exists? 

• xxRichter and DannyMan like this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

i mute everyone with a mic, so don't generally hear anything but yeah would probably do same thing..

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

If it's particularly annoying, I mute and report anyone I want to shut up as long as it's deserved.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

No.

If I reported every racial slur then i'd spend 75% of the time reporting people. Plus how much does reporting actual do to begin with?

• J_L_K_64 and Cincy32 like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by I.haigh, 17 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

I find that people who resort to hate speech usually can't think of something to say on their own, they resort to racism thinking it will really buzz the person they're getting owned by.

Also no, reporting people is for tools.

• Cincy32 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Racism still exists? 

More a mixture of stupidity and racism. More stupidity though lol

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

No. I dont report hate speech. I use the mute function. You should too. 

• Cincy32 and LeperJones like this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Shame how most people who use these slurs are underage brats who know little to nothing about how much of an impact it has towards the society when they just spew racial slurs without knowing any meaning behind them. Most just do it in order to be edgy and fit in but I just mute/report them and continue with what I'm doing, I mean what else can you do in these type of situation. No matter where you go, racism still exists, sad but true
  • LeperJones likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

It's the Internet. It happens all the time.

If you mention you're a Jew they'll talk about how the holocaust is a good thing, for example.
  • blackmyst likes this

save_the_babys
  • save_the_babys

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Do you make it a point to report people using hate speech in GTA:O Lobbies?
Today I was in a lobby and a bunch of people were attacking (Verbally) this person that had a obvious accent from the Middle East. They were using every slur you could think of. So I made good use of the report button yes the person could have just left the lobby but there is no excuse for anyone using hate speech.
What do you do when you hear thing like this in lobbies?

rats like u get spawn trapped by my big tank
  • NorCaliThuggin likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by blackmyst, 17 February 2014 - 12:56 AM.

I'd love some examples of this "hate speech" More than likely it was harmless. Political correctness ftl.

Also, reporting people.... :lol: .

I find that people who resort to hate speech usually can't think of something to say on their own, they resort to racism thinking it will really buzz the person they're getting owned by.

I hear way more instances of Black people (my own friends included) using the word 'ni**er' than any other ethnic group. Also, those Brits are a right feisty bunch of c*nts. I'm pretty hateful myself, but in a way that no one should ever take seriously.

inb4 no one does herrderrr

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

I'd love some examples of this "hate speech" More than likely it was harmless. Political correctness ftl.

I hear way more instances of Black people (my own friends included) using the word 'ni**er' than any other ethnic group. Also, those Brits are a right feisty bunch of c*nts.

I was more referring to people who are in the midst of a sh*t talking...um...well a sh*t talking session I guess you could say, and they can't think of a comeback so they resort to racism.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

It is harmless. You can mute.

Examples:

Black people: Go back to being slaves, you cotton-picking African n*****s.

Jewish: You should have died in the holocaust. Hitler is a hero because you're scum.

Christian/Catholic: How does it feel to be on Jesus' **** all day? Too gay for your homo arse?

Asians: Herro, I no speek engrosh. Haha, Chinese moron.
  • CarimboHanky likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:57 AM Edited by I.haigh, 17 February 2014 - 12:58 AM.

You might get some moderator attention for that last post, lol. @teammateassist 

I mean I'm not saying you should, I get what you were doing with that post.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

It is harmless. You can mute.

Examples:

Black people: Go back to being slaves, you cotton-picking African n*****s.

Jewish: You should have died in the holocaust. Hitler is a hero because you're scum.

Christian/Catholic: How does it feel to be on Jesus' **** all day? Too gay for your homo arse?

Asians: Herro, I no speek engrosh. Haha, Chinese moron.

And on and on the warped cycle of internet anonymity spins. I still can't figure out to this day why anyone would take another person seriously on the internet. Especially if you're taking to that person for the first time ever in a game you two happen to be playing. The person knows nothing about you and is just lobbing hail mary's to get you going. Why feed into it? I see it happen all the time. Psychology ftl.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 17 February 2014 - 01:01 AM.

I take my fair share of insults as well, being Filipino and all.

Pretty sure the only people who don't get hate speech are white male Americans.

Also, anonymity turns people into pricks. Peeps need to know that.

If you know who they are and where they live, they'd shut the hell up.

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

Nope. You're being oversensitive. If the victim has a problem, they'll report it themself.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

You might get some moderator attention for that last post, lol. @teammateassist 

I mean I'm not saying you should, I get what you were doing with that post.

Yeah, he's just giving examples of what someone, with the intent of pissing someone else off, would say in any giving situation when presented with an obvious thing like an accent or speech pattern (I know, I know, 'r u sayin Black people have a certain accent') It's too easy. Makes me sad how easy it is to get someone to scream at you with some silly baseless accusations, but at least I'm not the weak-minded one.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

if i were to report every person that use some sort of racial slur, i wont have time to rank up.

its the internet, its not right but gotta get used to it.

we have a mute option, use it!

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

I take my fair share of insults as well, being Filipino and all.

Pretty sure the only people who don't get hate speech are white male Americans.

Also, anonymity turns people into pricks. Peeps need to know that.

If you know who they are and where they live, they'd shut the hell up.

I think White males know more about it than anyone. It's open season on white, heterosexual males with European ancestry. You literally aren't allowed to say anything, even if it's an honest criticism, or in good fun, about another race. I say f*ck that. I'm equal opportunity for everyone, even my own Italian greaseball ass.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:07 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 01:08 AM.

As a white guy with no religion or real loyalty towards any specific political party, I rarely get offended. Outnumber me with your crew and use some pussy tactics, and you'll hear me rage. They don't know you, so laugh at them. Whenever someone tries to say something about my personal life, I'm like "hahahahahahahahahahaha!" because they are always wrong.

Becoming offended is exactly what they want.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Not me personally but i do think its one of the "exceptional" circumstances where i find it acceptable.

Other than that snitches get stitches. 

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:12 AM Edited by blackmyst, 17 February 2014 - 01:12 AM.

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

Not WW2, but we strung that faccia brutta Mussolini up by his feet with the rest of his worthless family afterward. Business as usual.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Roman_Empire Educate yourself.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

Well the Roman Empire was from Italy.

• blackmyst likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

No, because I'm not 12. I couldn't care less if someone is being racist on the internet as it has no impact on me. 

• blackmyst likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

like i always say...

if you get offended by something someone say over the internet, youre not mature enough to be online.

plain and simple!

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

I don't. People can say what they want I believe in freedom of speech plus you can always mute them. It's an 18+ game not pre school. I will on the other hand report people for modding the game with external software only if they are being a dick in a public lobby.

Why isn't that an option? The closest you can get is exploits. Not an exploit when it is straight up hacking.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 17 February 2014 - 01:15 AM.

Did Italy win a war?

Nah jk.

Not WW2, but we strung that faccia brutta Mussolini up by his feet with the rest of his worthless family afterward. Business as usual.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Roman_Empire Educate yourself.
Wow. I was kidding, dude, since you said equal opportunity.

What would I know anyway? We got invaded by Spain, US, and Japan and we didn't do jack about Spain colonizing us and calling as "indios" for 300 years or so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users