Is there a new apartment-bombing hack?

11 replies to this topic
JPrester
  • JPrester

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

So there I was, in the safety of my living room at Weazel Plaza, trying on different hats to see how they went with the new Valentine's Massacre wardrobe, when a rather unusual thing happened.

I simply fell down and died.

No gunshot, no explosion, no blood, nothing. I simply fell down and died, and the screen flashed the message, "[Player X] blew you up." A few seconds later, I respawned outside the front door of the apartment building.

I did a quick search online to see if this is an old hack or a new hack, but the closest I've seen is the rare report of players who live at the same location accidentally glitching into each other's apartments and then one shooting the other reflexively. My incident seems different. I didn't see anyone else in the apartment, and none of the usual things happened when someone tosses a grenade or sticky bomb at you--no smoke, fire, blood spatter or ragdolling. I just crumpled to the ground in a neat little heap.

So my question is, has this happened to anyone else? Are we looking at a new hack that violates the sanctity of player apartments? But mostly: What the hell happened?

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Just shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

How can you shoot, reflexively or otherwise, when you can't pull a weapon in your apartment? Sounds like a bug to me. Perhaps the game simply hiccuped and you were the gaseous result....

RawGo0n
  • RawGo0n

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

trippy lol

JPrester
  • JPrester

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

I think you may be mixing your hiccuping and belching metaphors, MadHatt3r, but from what I gathered, the apartment-sharing glitch does sometimes include an issue where the weapons wheel is enabled inside.
  • Rob142sti likes this

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

You were killed in The Matrix
  • SilentMase likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

I've read of that. Its an iso modded rocket launcher that shoots a nuke and kills the whole lobby, in your apt or not. They modified the damage radius of the explosion.

Armageddon has come to Los Santos.. :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

• WBaker likes this

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

This seems scary. I mean, it's in our apartments and garage's we can feel safe. Now someone's killed in their apartment? Damn this sh*t's shady.

JPrester
  • JPrester

Player Hater

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Well, that's pretty damn disturbing, Malibu454. In my case, though, I'm fairly sure there wasn't a whole stream of death notices when I died--I was the only one, and it wasn't just the two of us in the session. Out of curiousity, when hackers use a nuclear-modded RPG do they also kill themselves?

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

Just wondering cause I have never tried it, but when you are in your apartment looking out the window, can ppl outside see you?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

I came in here to write what Malibu did. That's the cause. ISO modded weapons, specifically a RPG. It's not new but it is fairly uncommon.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

Just wondering cause I have never tried it, but when you are in your apartment looking out the window, can ppl outside see you?

i think its possible cause i have seen videos of it

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Well, that's pretty damn disturbing, Malibu454. In my case, though, I'm fairly sure there wasn't a whole stream of death notices when I died--I was the only one, and it wasn't just the two of us in the session. Out of curiousity, when hackers use a nuclear-modded RPG do they also kill themselves?

pretty certain they do, but in a full lobby your looking at K/D ratio of 16/1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users