Graphics help

5 replies to this topic
JayWeazel
  • JayWeazel

Chips, dip, and prostitutes.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

So it seems all buildings and objects don't completely render until im up close to them. They just look foggy and... just bad.

And I constantly get objects like street light/signs/dumpsters that just pop-in out of nowhere when i'm driving.

I heard that you could install the play disc on a USB drive to help this, and that seemed to work for my first session, but I got back on today and it was back to doing the same thing.

Is there anything else I should try? or should I just give up?

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Xbox or ps3

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

This happens to me too.

For me, I have a PS3. When I first got the game a week after release, it seemed to happen a lot less often, but now it seems to occur way too often...

I suspect it may have been one of the updates (at least two updates ago), since the first time I really noticed it was after one... I was being chased with a three star wanted level and decided to cut across an unfamiliar open lot ahead of me... only inches from the curb, it turned into a whole set of buildings. 

When I first got the game I was impressed by how much less "pop-up" there was compared to the previous GTAs... now, if I'm moving really fast I have to try and rely on memory if things look too clean up ahead, as I never know what will materialize in my path.

Sorry, I don't have a solution, but I just wanted you to know it happens to other folks too... in case people start saying otherwise.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:20 PM Edited by Andreas, 17 February 2014 - 08:20 PM.

On which platform do you play the game, PS3 or X360?

Moved to Troubleshooting forum.

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

I'm assuming your on Xbox because you said "play disc". I heard that the graphics aren't good for any if the Xboxes made before 2009 because it has different hard drives from the ones made in 2009 and beyond and they don't process the game as well as current ones would. If you got your Xbox in 2008 or earlier then this is probably the reason why. If not, then I'm not entirely sure what to do. Hopefully this helps!

nextonex
  • nextonex

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Since the day I got GTAV I have had my play disk installed on my hard drive and performed the disk 1 install onto a 32gig SSD. I noticed a huge improvement from running it the default way (disk1 on hdd and play disk in dvd). Just recently, since the 1.1 patch I have noticed that I have alot more pop-in and that the high rez textures aren't always loading when you get close. I think there may be a bug in the last patch with some level of detail stuff. I haven't seen anyone else mention it though until this post. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users