Have you guys ever wondered how many accounts on this website are from

44 replies to this topic
Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Did members here just know some of these guys IRL? Otherwise, how did they find out that the member passed away? I guess you could see their names in the paper, but it's unlikely that you'll just happen across a GTAF member's obituary in the paper who happens to live near you and recognize it and make that connection unless you knew the person well (let alone even knew the member's real name). 

Funny enough, this is how we found out about a member's death on a forum I used to frequent. It wasn't an obituary either, it was news story about a drug deal gone wrong. I believe the paper described him as dying "in a rain of bullets."

• PaletoChickenCapo and Danz. like this

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Slamman is dead in the eyes of many.

j/k he seems to still upload on the tubez.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by AceKingston, 17 February 2014 - 11:24 AM.

I remember Kutthroat died by getting his neck tangled in an electrical wire. Depressing sh*t.

I remember when it was announced he died but I didn't know/remember that he died in that way.

If I remember, Kutt was on some heavy medication for depression that caused him to pass out and fall over into a pile of blankets in his closet and he suffocated. Not sure where the electrical wire strangulation story came from. Awesome guy though and forever missed.

Mario is another one that I heard about who allegedly committed suicide. He was in one of the officials, but I forgot which one.

Mario was in the connection. His death wasn't announced in public like GTA3Freak-2001 though, it was discussed in the OGA forums.

Still no one knows how many members in the 500K have actually passed away, feels very weird viewing Freak, Kutthroat's and ODIE's profiles now.

And what is more sad is that GTA3Freak-2001 knew his death was coming, People with DMD can be expected to live only until their mid 20's. Imagine living and knowing you won't live for long.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 17 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

From what I remember, Kutthroat accidentally slipped over in his room, became tangled in something and unfortunately suffocated? My memory of it's vague and apologies of that's wrong. I remember a few members here were close to him.I can't find the topic explaining it.R.I.P to both members.

This was the post I remember reading about Kutt.

this website reports his death. I found it in the same thread as the quote above.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

I remember Kutthroat died by getting his neck tangled in an electrical wire. Depressing sh*t.

I remember when it was announced he died but I didn't know/remember that he died in that way.
If I remember, Kutt was on some heavy medication for depression that caused him to pass out and fall over into a pile of blankets in his closet and he suffocated. Not sure where the electrical wire strangulation story came from. Awesome guy though and forever missed.
Mario is another one that I heard about who allegedly committed suicide. He was in one of the officials, but I forgot which one.

Mario was in the connection. His death wasn't announced in public like GTA3Freak-2001 though, it was discussed in the OGA forums.

Still no one knows how many members in the 500K have actually passed away, feels very weird viewing Freak, Kutthroat's and ODIE's profiles now.

And what is more sad is that GTA3Freak-2001 knew his death was coming, People with DMD can be expected to live only until their mid 20's. Imagine living and knowing you won't live for long.
I remember one of the last posts Freak made. It was in a thread asking the question if you would rather die or have your face torn off.

Anyway just his tone looking back now is quite sad.

God I miss him now that we're talking about it.:(

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

This topic is quite sad

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:24 PM Edited by AceKingston, 17 February 2014 - 01:25 PM.

I remember one of the last posts Freak made. It was in a thread asking the question if you would rather die or have your face torn off.

Anyway just his tone looking back now is quite sad.

God I miss him now that we're talking about it. :(

Yeah:

Saying you'd rathr die is a bit extreme especially when I'd rather have a chance at a normal life with a face transplant then oh I dunno suffer from a disabling muscle wasting condition that will eventually kill you or any other terrible medical issue with no cure or treatment. Just saying as terrible as having your face mangled, its far from the worse thing you could be faced with.

He was an Australian too and I find it insane that he could actually live knowing he was going to die soon, he didn't show it out much and he was expecting a sequel to Blade Runner as well. Shame he never got to see V's trailer. :(

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Game over.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:41 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 21 February 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Here are those three deceased members' last posts.

GTA3Freak-2001 - Saying you'd rathr die is a bit extreme especially when I'd rather have a chance at a normal life with a face transplant then oh I dunno suffer from a disabling muscle wasting condition that will eventually kill you or any other terrible medical issue with no cure or treatment. Just saying as terrible as having your face mangled, its far from the worse thing you could be faced with.

ODIE: This is really grrrreat !!! My biggest dream becomes real ! One Sugeestion, please can you make an optional import of .BMP Textures. If i use Steves TXDBuilder, i have to change all these maps on every material from tga into bmp, i hate it angry.gif
greetz

Kutthroat: Reported.

I didn't know these guys, but they seem like the must've been interesting people. I like the way their last posts turned out; GTA3Freak's was about his unfortunate disease and death, ODIE's was about what he loved most: modding, and Kutthroat's was just a typical GTAF response to something stupid: Reported.

EntretainMeOrDie
  • EntretainMeOrDie

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by EntretainMeOrDie, 21 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

Didn't someone here commit suicide by riding his bike into the path of a truck?
Or did I imagine reading their obituary here?

Jesus that sounds harsh.

I remember Kutthroat died by getting his neck tangled in an electrical wire or something. Depressing sh*t.

Kutthroat, neck tangled!. Also, the bike suicide guy, what an exquisite way of killing himself.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Yeah that is the correct story that I heard also.

It really sucked because I believe he had just met some girl and he was planning on moving from Alaska to New York to start a band or something, he really had sorted his life out. I felt really f*cking bad for CaliGangstar and Hurricane5 as they spoke to his crying mother over the phone and that must have been tough as f*ck to do.

He won't ever be forgotten, and the memory lives on in the sysnode topic title forever.

eskimoo.gif

• Xcommunicated and Black & White like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

How did the forum learn about this kutthroat guys death?

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

this reminds me of someone i used to play VCMP with.

we used to play it in 2005, and the guy died in 2006..

its kinda weird because its someone from the internet but its very sad..

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

I sometimes do, yes. I think a thought like that crosses everyone's mind sometime. I only hope that when I die I will have done something extremely great for humanity. I want to be remembered in the minds and hearts of everyone for doing something great for humanity. Like for how people remembered Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, etc. I want to leave a mark on the world and matter to someone, I want to do something that is so great that people will love me when they think of me, despite my weaknesses. I can only hope that I could do something great, but it often feels as though I am not the kind of person to do such. I am not really a star, I am more like a firework as in I think I can show the world my beauty, but I get lit and within a brief period of time i'm gone and the show is over and although I got people to gawk at my glory for a brief moment, I will have never done anything that spectacular. I feel as lonesome as a star, but with the duration and power of a firework. I can only hope that I can shed light upon a deserving persons darkness in life. I want to matter to people before I die and be remembered for it forever with everybody's loving admiration.   

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

The advent of the internet has had a strange effect, I feel. When people died in the past, they were generally frozen in time as a sort of static thing, but now people who are dead who still have a presence on forums, youtube, twitter, facebook etc are still reflexive and interactive. It's really weird to me that I can still see tweets and posts from people who have died. I dunno if anyone else feels this way.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

The advent of the internet has had a strange effect, I feel. When people died in the past, they were generally frozen in time as a sort of static thing, but now people who are dead who still have a presence on forums, youtube, twitter, facebook etc are still reflexive and interactive. It's really weird to me that I can still see tweets and posts from people who have died. I dunno if anyone else feels this way.

Yeah a kid from my school got hit by a car and died a couple years ago. And goin on his facebook and reading his last few posts and updates was just eerie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users