71 replies to this topic
Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

A Car storage system like Saints Row 3 (Never played 4, so don't know if it's the same) would be awesome. I don't think GTA will ever do that, though. They seem to only go the 1-2 car garage route (Except now there's separate garages! Yay progress!)

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

So Officially GTA 5 and GTAO introduced,
*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.
To the Series and The Genre,or am i wrong?

Correct.  This was not in III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV.  Just V.  Impound was in SA, though, but not exactly how V works.

Cheers for the reply bro.Now these are newer features GTA could also boast of :)

@woggleman
SA had Garages to park cars in,it didnt return in GTA 4 and the Episodes,but was re-introduced in GTA 5,so what do you mean by Saints Row's System.Even GTA Liberty City Stories (circa 2005) had garages before Saints Row Existed.

In SR if you stored a car it was there for good with all the mods. If you destroyed it you could go back to your garage and it would be there plus you could store a ton of them. It's the only thing SR had over GTA though IMO.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Sometimes it can be annoying. Once I had a modded Emperor parked in Trevor's trailer's garage and it got impounded.

How the f*ck can a car be impounded when it's in a garage? :blink:

• Costar likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

Sometimes it can be annoying. Once I had a modded Emperor parked in Trevor's trailer's garage and it got impounded.

I didn't call the towing company and give the dude $100, if that's what you were thinking... :whistle:

• TheOtherRyan likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

Maybe you forget to safe the game after parking in the Garage?

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

Correct.  This was not in III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV.  Just V.  Impound was in SA, though, but not exactly how V works.
Cheers for the reply bro.Now these are newer features GTA could also boast of :)

@woggleman
SA had Garages to park cars in,it didnt return in GTA 4 and the Episodes,but was re-introduced in GTA 5,so what do you mean by Saints Row's System.Even GTA Liberty City Stories (circa 2005) had garages before Saints Row Existed.

In SR if you stored a car it was there for good with all the mods. If you destroyed it you could go back to your garage and it would be there plus you could store a ton of them. It's the only thing SR had over GTA though IMO.

No Offense bro,but i find that Saints Row System SO unrealistic unlike the More Realistic way ,with Impound.I am sure future Openworld Games would borrow GTA 5's Impound System and make it better (so gamers wont say "oh that was a ripped-off feature from GTA).

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

No Offense bro,but i find that Saints Row System SO unrealistic unlike the More Realistic way ,with Impound.I am sure future Openworld Games would borrow GTA 5's Impound System and make it better (so gamers wont say "oh that was a ripped-off feature from GTA).

Of course it's unrealistic, but who cares? It's a game.

Realism only goes so far (Unless we're talking about Arma, or other simulators).

Fun/Easier/Better>Realism

(Unless, again, we're talking about simulators, and even then this is true a lot of times)

• matajuegos01 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

Of course it's unrealistic, but who cares? It's a game.

Realism only goes so far (Unless we're talking about Arma, or other simulators).

Fun/Easier/Better>Realism

(Unless, again, we're talking about simulators, and even then this is true a lot of times)

But GTA fully got into realism with the HD Era Games;GTA 4,TLAD,TBoGT,Chinatown Wars and GTA 5.I can imagine next-gen GTAs taking it to the next level.but the thing is no matter how GTA is grounded in Realism,there is always going to be some wackiness.I can see Next Gen GTAs actually implementing GTAO's Car Tracking System but i dont think i could say the same thing with the Insurance,maybe future Openworld Games would rip-off that feature **cough** Mafia 3 **cough that another Franchise that also is grounded in realism like GTA.at this moment Saints Row died after the 2nd game,the 3rd and 4th i dont know what to say.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

Who cares if it is realistic or not? I can get around the issue with multiple quick saves but I like to mod my vehicles just the way I like them and it would be nice to have them always available and it would also be good for one time only vehicles like the Space Docker.

I am probably one of the biggest V fans on here and I think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives but it isn't perfect on everything.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

I agree the Saints Row method is the best. One thing that bugs me about GTA V is the severe lack of storage space.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

I love modding cars and it would be nice to have more room for my creations. It has always been this way in GTA. I was so mad in IV when I accidentally destroyed my Infernus and didn't have any extra saves. In SR a vehicle like that would have just been added to your garage where you can access it any time.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Yep, well I was thinking, "how can a car be impounded when its sitting in your driveway" for that matter. I had that happen @ Michael's. For some reason when I backed out a Tornado into his driveway, all of a sudden the car stopped, I was like???? So it then took him in the house, talking to his son, then ended up going outside, getting in his Tailgater. The Tornado was now parked on the other side of the driveway near the Issi and so I went to do the mission, grounded the skidoo so redid it real quick, then a msg appeared that his car (the Tornado) was impounded, again from his driveway?!

The impound is actually kind of annoying to me. Because why should you have to keep spending $250 to get a car out that wasnt your personally *assigned* vehicle from in-game but one you modded/liked but ended up there from a mission or something. Instead, why not just LEAVE the vehicle where you left it last and allow it to be marked! I mean this functionality is online.  I've had a few vehicles duplicated (from a personal home garage) and appear in the impound. I dont even go to retrieve vehicles from the impound anymore. I even had a few that I just drove randomly that I blew up! And they respawned in the impound. When I drove them off into the water, they did not respawn. One was the Granger and one was a sheriff's car, maybe 2 others.

R* could've allowed more vehicles in our garages/larger garages/more properties w/ garages etc. We can store 4 and we have what 4 in the list of each garage. Why not at least, let us replace those beach-bum cars w/ whatever we want?! Since the game can duplicate cars even fully modded cars, why not let us store modded cars in those 4 "special" vehicle slots --so they'll keep spawning modded, instead of vanilla then we have to spend $$$ to mod them again. Another annoying thing was having some vehicles you drove up in, disappear after turning your back for a few seconds - and then not end up in the impound at least.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

I agree the Saints Row method is the best. One thing that bugs me about GTA V is the severe
lack of storage space.

Franklin has a Garage in his Safehouse plus the Grove Street Garage which could fit 5/6 Cars same goes for Michael and Trevor.Then the Impound also helps (Lol) even though we have to pay a sum of money to retrieved them.So i dont see any Lack of Storage Space.

@Woggleman
I also Love GTA 5 and a fan of it.It a Masterpiece and beautiful work of art but yeah it has it own share of flaws.but as you said the Positives outnumbers the negatives,that we all could agree with unless GTAO is factored into that case.but GTA 5 and GTAO took things to the next level in the series and the Genre in terms of Gameplay and features.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

I agree the Saints Row method is the best. One thing that bugs me about GTA V is the severe
lack of storage space.

Franklin has a Garage in his Safehouse plus the Grove Street Garage which could fit 5/6 Cars same goes for Michael and Trevor.Then the Impound also helps (Lol) even though we have to pay a sum of money to retrieved them.So i dont see any Lack of Storage Space.

Well I think there is. It's sh*t how GTAO has 10 car garages and yet in single player the most a garage can hold is 4 and each protagonist only gets 1.

There are parts of GTA V where it feels like R* were trolling us. They brought back car customising yet didn't allow for an adequate amount of storage space. The impound is a lazy way of compensating IMO.

Michael, Franklin and Trevor should be at least allowed to buy 3 or 4 more garages each.

• Xcommunicated likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

lack of storage space.

There are parts of GTA V where it feels like R* were trolling us. They brought back car customising yet didn't allow for an adequate amount of storage space. 

I paid R* to troll you so you would get annoyed.

Aha! I win again! Me and my oodles of money!

See you at Chinatown.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

One thing that bugs me about GTA V is the severe lack of storage space.

Yep. While the impound system is nice, it shouldn't be limited to two lousy garages. There should be an impound lot that can hold at least the last 10 cars you've lost. Hell, to make things even more immersive, there should be ways of sneaking into the lot and stealing your car back or even stealing someone else's car for that matter. There could be tip offs given to the player when an expensive/rare vehicle has been impounded and you can try to steal it from the lot if you want. This would also give them a chance to incorporate some actual STEALTH gameplay, something that was there in V, but wasn't ever emphasized.

It's RPG elements like these that I wish GTA would adopt which would give the city a greater sense of infrastructure. Otherwise, the "realism" just stagnates and drags everything else down.
  • TheOtherRyan and Osho like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

Yep. While the impound system is nice, it shouldn't be limited to two lousy garages. There should be an impound lot that can hold at least the last 10 cars you've lost. Hell, to make things even more immersive, there should be ways of sneaking into the lot and stealing your car back or even stealing someone else's car for that matter. There could be tip offs given to the player when an expensive/rare vehicle has been impounded and you can try to steal it from the lot if you want. This would also give them a chance to incorporate some actual STEALTH gameplay, something that was there in V, but wasn't ever emphasized.

It's RPG elements like these that I wish GTA would adopt which would give the city a greater sense of infrastructure. Otherwise, the "realism" just stagnates and drags everything else down.

GTA San Andreas had RPG Elements,with the advanced in Realism in the HD Era Games,I dont think GTA needs to apply RPG again.But yeah the Impound System should be Expanded in future Installments (hopeful the feature is also reserved for Next-Gen GTAs).

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

They should let us replace the characters unique vehicles any time we want. God knows how much i hate Trevor s Bodhi.. It would ve just fine to select any car from a list of stored cars and chanfe any time.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

You think that the method of vehicle saving in Saints Row is unrealistic, yet what type of system does V use for plane and helicopters?... Nothing but a vaulty version of the Saints Row system.

In future game what I would like to see is the ability to store vehicles in your safehouse garages, but then buy an entire one with infinite storage, similar to those awsome ones they have in Japan where the cars are spun around like bullets in a revolver.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

You think that the method of vehicle saving in Saints Row is unrealistic, yet what type of system does V use for plane and helicopters?... Nothing but a vaulty version of the Saints Row system.

In future game what I would like to see is the ability to store vehicles in your safehouse garages, but then buy an entire one with infinite storage, similar to those awsome ones they have in Japan where the cars are spun around like bullets in a revolver.

Yeah but the planes are stored in an Hangar unlike the Saints Row System,where you planes and cars are in one unrealistic Garge.Planes and in the Hangars in GTA 5 and the Helis are in the Helipads.But yeah with Next-Gen Consoles,future GTAs could expand on all the things GTA 4 and GTA 5 try to achieve on PS3/Xbox360.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

Yeah but the planes are stored in an Hangar unlike the Saints Row System,where you planes and cars are in one unrealistic Garge.Planes and in the Hangars in GTA 5 and the Helis are in the Helipads.But yeah with Next-Gen Consoles,future GTAs could expand on all the things GTA 4 and GTA 5 try to achieve on PS3/Xbox360.

You are enemies with sense and dignity, am I right?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

They should let us replace the characters unique vehicles any time we want. God knows how much i hate Trevor s Bodhi.. It would ve just fine to select any car from a list of stored cars and chanfe any time.

Nothing wrong with his Bodhi IMO since a grimy ass truck fits him but I do wish they would let us change what vehicle we want to always spawn next to a character.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

I don't think you've played Saints Row

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 February 2014 - 04:57 AM.

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

@woggleman

I don't think you've played Saints Row
I played the heck out of the 2nd game,Got the 3rd played it then trade it in immediately.Didnt played the 1st or 4th one gave up with the Franchise after the 2nd game (the Best GTA Clone Ever made).

@Matajuegos
We arent enemies (infact i dont have anything or hate anyone in the forums).Niko Vercetti, Official General and LSPD are My Buddies although we love arguing :) and these 3 guys are the few cool people in the forums since i joined :)

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

GTA San Andreas had RPG Elements,with the advanced in Realism in the HD Era Games,I dont think GTA needs to apply RPG again.But yeah the Impound System should be Expanded in future Installments (hopeful the feature is also reserved for Next-Gen GTAs).

What? How is realism a substitution for RPG elements? My point is that realism would greatly benefit from this kind of RPG play. One of my biggest gripes with IV was not so much that it was more grounded towards realism, but that it felt so anti-rewarding throughout the whole game. There was no if I develop X skill, it will allow me to do Y task that will give me Z reward.  For example I wish both IV and V had an impound lot full of cars, so that when I developed the Stealth skill I could then more easily sneak into the lot and steal whatever car I was after, which would reward me with avoiding paying a fee to get my own vehicle out or getting a unique/rare vehicle.

However, other RPG elements that don't serve the gameplay and push the realism into simulation, like having to eat every so often or you lose health, kinda blow and make a game unnecessarily tedious.   

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 February 2014 - 05:49 AM.

What? How is realism a substitution for RPG elements? My point is that realism would greatly benefit from this kind of RPG play. One of my biggest gripes with IV was not so much that it was more grounded towards realism, but that it felt so anti-rewarding throughout the whole game. There was no if I develop X skill, it will allow me to do Y task that will give me Z reward.  For example I wish both IV and V had an impound lot full of cars, so that when I developed the Stealth skill I could then more easily sneak into the lot and steal whatever car I was after, which would reward me with avoiding paying a fee to get my own vehicle out or getting a unique/rare vehicle.

However, other RPG elements that don't serve the gameplay and push the realism into simulation, like having to eat every so often or you lose health, kinda blow and make a game unnecessarily tedious.   
HD Era's Realism
*Sleeping (to save game or skip time)
*Eating
*Drinking
*Watching TV
*Getting Arrested
*Realistic Car Jacking,Hotwiring
*Taking a Cab or Helitours
*Greater Attentions to Details (GTA 4-GTA 5)
*Grounded in Realism Mini-Games i.e. Darts,Yoga,Golf
*Mature Tone
*Impound System (GTA 5)
*Car Tracking and Insurance System (GTAO)
*Browsing the Web
*Car Washing (GTA 4-Present)
*The HD Era's Stats system in GTA 5 (similar to SA)
*Going to the Cinema to watch Movies or Comedy Club (GTA 4-GTA 5)
*Buying Things Online (GTA 4-GTA 5)
*Riding on a Train (GTA 4) or Transit (GTA 5)
*Flight School (to learn of to fly a plane)
* etc.
Tbh I see Next-Gen GTAs overdoing it and making it more strict even though the Mafia Series is a bit more realistic.GTA has been in Grounded Realism since the 3D Era Days but there was also Wackiness but HD Era took it to the next level.I am sure it would be the same with next-gen GTAs.but yeah an advanced RPG element would be great (but not that to serious like in SA).

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

I agree with other posters that said insurance and tracker,the impound system actually grinds my tits if I have 1 star then get killed then its immediately impounded.Its kind of stupid.  

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:40 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 17 February 2014 - 09:41 AM.

Wait a second, how is V realistic? Have any of you drove a car in that game?

I didn't really mind the fact that you couldn't save your own cars, tbh. Cars aren't supposed to be enjoyed in GTAV, they're just a cheap tool to get from one side of the map to the other. 

I miss the IV days, when I would hop into the Infernus I had parked outside my safehouse, and go max speed along Plumber's Skyway, weaving through traffic and trying to get to max speed.

Can't do that in V. There's no satisfaction. You reach max speed in one second, you can turn like 90 degrees whenever you want, nothing is special. High-speed freeway driving isn't for supercars and skilled drivers, it's for any old sh*t car and any old sh*t driver.

I didn't mind the car storage issue, the only problem was there was nothing rare or interesting to keep.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

My problem is it impounds vehicles I couldn't care less about, taking up space for cars I do care about.

Om Trev I have to stock emperors impounded. No idea why the game decided I would want those cares. Now I have to pay to get them out so its free for my cars I like.

I don't like the Garage system in V. I prefer the one in VC or SA where you can store anything that fits in the door.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Wait a second, how is V realistic? Have any of you drove a car in that game?

I didn't really mind the fact that you couldn't save your own cars, tbh. Cars aren't supposed to be enjoyed in GTAV, they're just a cheap tool to get from one side of the map to the other. 

I miss the IV days, when I would hop into the Infernus I had parked outside my safehouse, and go max speed along Plumber's Skyway, weaving through traffic and trying to get to max speed.

Can't do that in V. There's no satisfaction. You reach max speed in one second, you can turn like 90 degrees whenever you want, nothing is special. High-speed freeway driving isn't for supercars and skilled drivers, it's for any old sh*t car and any old sh*t driver.

I didn't mind the car storage issue, the only problem was there was nothing rare or interesting to keep.

Yeah the Driving is so arcade-like but as an HD Era game is still grounded in Realism.Did you even read my last post where i list most of the Realisms?

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

@Matajuegos

We arent enemies (infact i dont have anything or hate anyone in the forums).Niko Vercetti, Official General and LSPD are My Buddies although we love arguing :) and these 3 guys are the few cool people in the forums since i joined :)

Dignity and sense aren't members on these forums, man. 

• lazy. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users