Photo

Am i the Only one who think the Impound System is Great

71 replies to this topic
Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:47 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

According to GTA Wiki,if anyone read the Beta List of Every GTA from 1997-Present,you would notice that some contents are reserved for future Installments.10 years ago (circa. 2004) GTA SA was supposed to have the Impound System but it didnt make it into the final game,and i think that was reserved until GTA 5.but anyways i think the Impound System is Superb because it stores all of our lost vehicles or the ones not parked properly.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

What? GTA SA has an impound system.
  • mnmn1234 and Capitalist Communist like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I prefer the insurance and car tracking system in online. Shame it wasn't in V.

Anyway, the impound system was nothing special IMO. In SA you hardly owned any personal vehicles and when you lose your car in V it almost always spawns outside your house or after a switching scenario.
  • Sakurai Aoi, stjimmy3, Udrift and 4 others like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

No it didnt but according to the Series Beta Records (lists) it was going to have it but didnt make it in the final game.

It was also going to be the first GTA (Openworld Game) to have the Multiple Protagonists System.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

No it didnt but according to the Series Beta Records (lists) it was going to have it but didnt make it in the final game.

It was also going to be the first GTA (Openworld Game) to have the Multiple Protagonists System.
Wait, what exactly do you mean by the "impound system"?
The one where your cars are saved and you can only enter the impound lot in a police vehicle, get wanted stars if caught, right?
It was in SA as well, dude!!!..

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Wait, what exactly do you mean by the "impound system"?
The one where your cars are saved and you can only enter the impound lot in a police vehicle, get wanted stars if caught, right?
It was in SA as well, dude!!!..

No it the one when you Lost you vehicle or it disappear whatever,you have to pay a sum of money near the Police Station in Mission Row to get a lost or taken vehicles.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Osho, 17 February 2014 - 05:36 AM.

Okay...

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Ooh, I would love to see your melons!"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

THIS. :)

• Udrift likes this

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Wheatley, 16 February 2014 - 03:25 PM.

There is an Impound System in SA but it's so hidden and not well documented about that it's easy to miss. If you are arrested inside a vehicle then you'll be sent to the nearest police station. Any police station with an underground parking area will store your vehicle that you were last in before you were busted.

This can produce hilarious results if you are busted inside a helicopter as it will instantly explode or fall over if you try to get inside it.

Here's more information on it:

In GTA San Andreas, the Impound Garage lets the player get back his vehicle if he lost it during a cutscene before a mission. Impound Garages are underground parking garages located at the bottom floors of police stations. The first few floors of the garages have Police cars that spawn in the parking spaces; The very bottom floor or the very back of the Impound Garage stashes cars that have been lost by the player. The impound garage is like a save garage. However, the mechanics behind the Impound Garage are rather random, and usually aren't very predictable.

Some missions have "Clear Area" commands, which remove any parked vehicle within a certain radius from the mission's marker. These vehicles are then placed inside an impound garage, and the player can then enter one of these garages and recover his lost vehicle.

However, random vehicles that the player never drove or even abandoned may still spawn in the garage. Also, due to a glitch, vehicles may sometimes spawn stuck inside of each other, or they may spawn stuck halfway inside the ground. Also, strange occurrences may happen in impound garages if the player is playing certain side missions like Vigilante or Export missions; Vehicles will spawn stacked on top of each other or laying on their sides. Aircraft, like Dodos or even Hydras may spawn unlocked. Impound Garages exhibit strange behaviors like these very commonly. These glitches hint that the Impound Garage was simply a game mechanic that was never perfected or implemented correctly in the game.

Since the Impound Garage is never mentioned in any instructional guides for the game (not even in the booklet that comes with the game), it can be assumed that this game feature could have been a work in progress during development, but was never finished.
  • Ermac. likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

There is an Impound System in SA but it's so hidden and not well documented about that it's easy to miss. If you are arrested inside a vehicle then you'll be sent to the nearest police station. Any police station with an underground parking area will store your vehicle that you were last in before you were busted.

This can produce hilarious results if you are busted inside a helicopter as it will instantly explode or fall over if you try to get inside it.
Here's more information on it:

In GTA San Andreas, the Impound Garage lets the player get back his vehicle if he lost it during a cutscene before a mission. Impound Garages are underground parking garages located at the bottom floors of police stations. The first few floors of the garages have Police cars that spawn in the parking spaces; The very bottom floor or the very back of the Impound Garage stashes cars that have been lost by the player. The impound garage is like a save garage. However, the mechanics behind the Impound Garage are rather random, and usually aren't very predictable.

Some missions have "Clear Area" commands, which remove any parked vehicle within a certain radius from the mission's marker. These vehicles are then placed inside an impound garage, and the player can then enter one of these garages and recover his lost vehicle.

However, random vehicles that the player never drove or even abandoned may still spawn in the garage. Also, due to a glitch, vehicles may sometimes spawn stuck inside of each other, or they may spawn stuck halfway inside the ground. Also, strange occurrences may happen in impound garages if the player is playing certain side missions like Vigilante or Export missions; Vehicles will spawn stacked on top of each other or laying on their sides. Aircraft, like Dodos or even Hydras may spawn unlocked. Impound Garages exhibit strange behaviors like these very commonly. These glitches hint that the Impound Garage was simply a game mechanic that was never perfected or implemented correctly in the game.

Since the Impound Garage is never mentioned in any instructional guides for the game (not even in the booklet that comes with the game), it can be assumed that this game feature could have been a work in progress during development, but was never finished.

Cheers for sharing that GTA Wiki info,i havent read the Beta List for a Long time.but anyways it wasnt detailed or fully implemented like the one in V.

alex1369
  • alex1369

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yeah but in holds on 2 cars in SP

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yeah but in holds on 2 cars in SP

so how many does it hold in GTAO's Impound System?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

I also like GTAO's Car Tracking and Insurance Systems but i think Rockstar was going to implement it in GTA 5 but maybe it might cause negative feedbacks like "OH Rockstar This isnt Real-Life BlahBlahBlah".So it didnt make the cut but seeing that GTA 4 and GTA 5 took the Series into a Realistic Approach i wouldnt be surprise to see that on Next-Gen GTAs (Singleplayer)

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by killahmatic, 16 February 2014 - 04:51 PM.

i think the Impound System is Superb because it stores all of our lost vehicles or the ones not parked properly.

Yes and no. Yes because its a step up from completely losing your car, & no because you should be able to leave your car somewhere and come back to it in the same spot, with an icon on the map so you don't forget where you parked. I could understand it getting impounded if it was left in the middle of the road, but the side of the road, parking lots, alleys... the car should stay until we're ready to go back for it. 

• Udrift and peardude like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

i think the Impound System is Superb because it stores all of our lost vehicles or the ones not parked properly.

Yes and no. Yes because its a step up from completely losing your car, & no because you should be able to leave your car somewhere and come back to it in the same spot, with an icon on the map so you don't forget where you parked. I could understand it getting impounded if it was left in the middle of the road, but the side of the road, parking lots, alleys... the car should stay until we're ready to go back for it. 

That why there are lots of parking lots in Southern San Andreas (esp.Los Santos)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

I have to agree as it was much more useful, shame they didn't do it for single player.

As for the impound system I have hadrdly ever used it to be honest. I never really stored vehicles due to the chance of them going missing anyway.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

I have to agree as it was much more useful, shame they didn't do it for single player.

As for the impound system I have hadrdly ever used it to be honest. I never really stored vehicles due to the chance of them going missing anyway.

It cool you should try get to Mission Row and Restore you old favourite.I already comment in my last post why i think Rockstar excluded from SP.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

It's... okay. I don't really concern myself with using it for storage, but it can be convenient at times. It's still somewhat hit or miss. I don't like that you have to visit an LSC everytime you want to ensure your car won't go missing. Also if you mod some random car and then lose it, it will have replaced one of the two cars in the impound. I lost a $10,000,000 Z-type in it because I bought a $1,000 Scorcher, so there's that.  

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Impound is great in GTA V SP.  I have two fully modded vehicles inside the Impound for EACH of the three characters.  They do NOT disappear and they are always there.  I actually use it as an extra two car garage, since the storage space in V is lacking to store all the vehicles we want.

I actually never been into storing vehicles I liked from past games, besides for unique, one time, or "proof" vehicles (Bulletproof, Fire Proof, Damage Proof, Explosion Proof).  But in GTA V I always seem to say to myself, "I want this car, too!  But I need to get rid of any other car to store it!"  As of right now I can't possibly get rid of anything I own, it's perfect what I got.  However, with a Save Editor I been messing around with storing extra cars on helipads and inside hangers.  For instance, I have a Police Riot for Franklin's helipad and a FIB Buffalo for Trevor's hanger.  I will get the Unmarked Cruiser for M's hanger and I have a Titan on Trevor's helipad and a Skylift for M's helipad.  It's pretty neat!

But yeah, Impound is great to store a total of 6 vehicles between the three characters.  There is also a trick on how to get the vehicle you want inside the impound garage.

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

The whole Impound system is brilliant, but here's the important thing.... 

I always forget about its existence. 

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

It's not dependable enough. And insurance would be better.

• Cutter De Blanc, Sakurai Aoi and peardude like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

The entire system, impound, garages and insurance in online is an improvement over IV. I loved IV in general but it was too easy to lose a unique car. Even other peds could crash into your parking bay and knock the cars out of your save slot! At first I thought it was saving glitches until I saw it happen in front of me.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 16 February 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Minus the bugs. Vehicle saving in general is a huge improvement over every other GTA. The only thing I wish would be improved are hangers. None of the planes you manually store get saved into the menu, and vehicles you do choose from the menu delete the ones you manually stored. (I.e choose Rhino, the Laser you saved disappears and never comes back)

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by Militia, 16 February 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Minus the bugs. Vehicle saving in general is a huge improvement over every other GTA. The only thing I wish would be improved are hangers. None of the planes you manually store get saved into the menu, and vehicles you do choose from the menu delete the ones you manually stored. (I.e choose Rhino, the Laser you saved disappears and never comes back)

That is what I said above, basically.  The whole hanger/helipad system is completely wack, I'd like to BUY the Lazer to resolve that problem.

Best way to not lose it as of now is turn off AUTOSAVE and do NOT save the game, just reload to get Lazer back.

I don't think V is an improvement over San Andreas or Vice City.  There was SO many safehouses to save vehicles in these games.  IV is by far the worst for storage, V is nice, but VC and SA are king.  III is pretty bad, too.  Luckily in GTA III, you must deliver certain cars to garages.  Once you did that, you could go back and get them out and use them anytime you want, it was pretty cool.  From that, you didn't need to store vehicles really since the game gave them all to you, essentially.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 February 2014 - 11:29 PM.

So Officially GTA 5 and GTAO introduced,
*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.
To the Series and The Genre,or am i wrong?

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

It was also was better than the one in V, just like everything else in SA. SA 4 LYFE.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

Correct.  This was not in III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV.  Just V.  Impound was in SA, though, but not exactly how V works.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

I don't mind it but I wish car storage was more like SR. It is an improvement over previous GTAs though. It's better than having to park everything on the street.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 February 2014 - 12:19 AM.

*Impound
*Car Tracking
*Insurance.

Correct.  This was not in III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV.  Just V.  Impound was in SA, though, but not exactly how V works.

Cheers for the reply bro.Now these are newer features GTA could also boast of :)

@woggleman
SA had Garages to park cars in,it didnt return in GTA 4 and the Episodes,but was re-introduced in GTA 5,so what do you mean by Saints Row's System.Even GTA Liberty City Stories (circa 2005) had garages before Saints Row Existed.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

I don't mind it but I wish car storage was more like SR. It is an improvement over previous GTAs though. It's better than having to park everything on the street.

Yeah, the only games that you parked on the street was GTA IV, there was only EIGHT parking spaces total for car storage!

III had three garages, but some garages were 3 car garages, etc.  Vice City and San Andreas had like 10 garages, and each one ranged from fitting one car inside, up to 5 cars inside, there was endless space, basically.  IV sucked, only 8 spots on the street, and V is good, but nowhere near SA and VC car storage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users