Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anders Breivik wants to play "better video games" in prison...

122 replies to this topic
Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Black & White, 16 February 2014 - 01:47 PM.

I know a great game for him, it's called hangman.

Let's give it some thrill, better a russian rulette.
That then brings the question, can psychopaths really be blamed for their actions?
And do They deserve to die?
This guy does.

But he's obviously got a mental illness, can he really be held accountable? This isn't a simple yes, no answer.

You are forgetting that he murdered 77 people and injured over 300 people. If your sister had been shot and killed, I doubt you would be in favor of him receiving more treats. Sick or not.. he killed those people and has devastated families. The fact that he is seen as more insane than the other prisoners and is allowed to play video games, and received an extremely light 21 years in prison.. why should he receive more benefits?

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

You are forgetting that he murdered 77 people and injured over 300 people. If your sister had been shot and killed, I doubt you would be in favor of him receiving more treats. Sick or not.. he killed those people and has devastated families. The fact that he is seen as more insane than the other prisoners and is allowed to play video games, and received an extremely light 21 years in prison.. why should he receive more benefits?

I should point out, to those of you who do not understand Scandinavian (or indeed European) justice systems.  21 years in prison in practical terms means life in prison.  After he has served 21 years in prison, his case will be revisited and a judge will judge whether he is deemed safe in society.  If no, his prison time will be extended.  In the case of Breivik, this will most likely be a no each time until he is dead.

21 years in prison is the highest amount of unconditional years in prison a Norwegian court can sentence.

As an example, in the 1960s, someone shot 3 policemen in Denmark.  He was sentenced to 16 years in prison.  Despite this being 40 years ago, he is still in prison for the same sentence, as his sentence has gotten extended each time.

• Marwin Moody, DAWeeE1, AceRay and 2 others like this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

In Finland life sentence is 14 years. We like to keep our prisons empty.

They should give Breivik Speccy or C64.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

That then brings the question, can psychopaths really be blamed for their actions?
This guy does.

But he's obviously got a mental illness, can he really be held accountable? This isn't a simple yes, no answer.

The moment anyone starts an argument regarding punishment with "if your *insert family member here*" they basically invalidate it. Retributive justice doesn't work; the Nordic rehabilitation model has the lowest re-offending rate in the world and conclusively demonstrates that rehabilitating mass murderers is entirely possible. The simple fact of the matter is that once you start bringing emotion into discussions about justice, it becomes a game of retribution in which the only thing that really suffers is society.

And seriously dude, please don't use the black text any more.

• GTAKid667 and Kristian. like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by Black & White, 16 February 2014 - 09:57 PM.

This guy does.

The moment anyone starts an argument regarding punishment with "if your *insert family member here*" they basically invalidate it. Retributive justice doesn't work; the Nordic rehabilitation model has the lowest re-offending rate in the world and conclusively demonstrates that rehabilitating mass murderers is entirely possible. The simple fact of the matter is that once you start bringing emotion into discussions about justice, it becomes a game of retribution in which the only thing that really suffers is society.

And seriously dude, please don't use the black text any more.

It was an example. My family or not... I am sympathetic towards the families that have been ruined by Anders Breivik. Seeing as he is allowed to play video games meanwhile other prisoners aren't allowed to, well that draws the line for me. He's so insane to purchase weapons, plan how to mastermind the killing of many people, and to upload a video onto YouTube. I think the government will eventually buy into him and allow him to play more mature and violent video games. If he is seen as so evilly possessed, how will allowing him to play violent games help him and his state of mind.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

I'm sure staring at a blank wall all day will have more of a negative impact than on his mental state than Rayman will. 

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

They should take his PS2 away and give him a freaking NES, that will shut him up about PS2 games.

I'd say give him an Ouya, but that's probably not permitted under the Geneva Conventions. 

• Tony. likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

It seems like he doesn't know that the PS4 exists now. He's gonna be pissed if they actually give him a PS3 and then he finds out that something newer is already out.

I say just give him a "gaming PC" with only Big Rigs: Over the Road racing installed on it. And an emulator of Crazy Bus:

The music alone would probably make him wanna kill himself.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

This guy does.

Yes, it is.
f*ck him.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Man, people say that we here in the USA are entitled, this asshole killed nearly 80 people and is whining about the prison he's in not giving him good enough games? This guy should consider himself lucky he didn't get imprisoned in a place with the death penalty or a prison that doesn't offer it's prisoners any luxuries like he seems to get and that he's not getting buttf*cked on a daily basis. 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by CatDog96, 17 February 2014 - 05:04 AM.

I think they should lock the worst prisoners in rooms like this with no light.

main-qimg-1da764ff0b1524043eba95994033ac

• Black & White likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

That is insane, I would like to be in that room for a minute just to hear what your blood flowing would sound like.

• CatDog96 likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

They should take his PS2 away and give him a freaking NES, that will shut him up about PS2 games.

I'd say give him an Ouya, but that's probably not permitted under the Geneva Conventions. 

Nah I think it's fine. I think giving him a virtual boy would be against the convention.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

I don't feel that prison should be punishment, it should be to rehabilitate and separate from society, so I agree with him to a point.

Oh, hush. Video games don't rehabilitate anyone. The last thing you should do to rehabilitate someone is give them what they want just because they ask for it instead of earning it.

Either he's deranged or he's deliberately trying to make people upset by letting them know he's still alive, well, and that video games appear to be the most of his troubles.

Being bored sh*tless in a cell staring at a wall won't either. I don't think he should just be given games, he should earn them like you said.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Just take his games away and let him starve to death if he wants to.

• CatDog96 likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

If norwegian soldiers were on a mission to take out Bin Laden:

They wouldn't kill him, they would just yell at him like Johnny Klebitz does to Trevor. :)

"Destroying the twin towers, man, it's wrong.."

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Just take his games away and let him starve to death if he wants to.

Then the bastard would find something else to complain about, until he dies of course.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

If he was put in a south african prison, he would be found dead with no head.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Get him Ride To Hell: Retribution. 

• Street Mix likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Make it Action 52.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'd say let's get him a virtuaboy and only that. It's prison, he should have to suffer.

Then again, Norwegian prisons are cushy sterile utopian communities that dispenses mind-numbing medication to all of its tenants.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

How 'bout ''Watch Paint Dry''?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by gtamann123, 17 February 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Yeah lock people like him or Jamie Holmes in a room like this until they starve or die of dehydration. That way we know they suffered terribly in their final moments and didn't die a humane death they dont deserve. Too bad punishment like that is prohibited in most countries though.

I did some research and found out that this room is in my city and gives tours of it for a food shelf donation! Im going to go see it for myself

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:17 AM Edited by Raavi, 18 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Yeah lock people like him or Jamie Holmes in a room like this until they starve or die of dehydration. That way we know they suffered terribly in their final moments and didn't die a humane death they dont deserve. Too bad punishment like that is prohibited in most countries though.

The correctional system should not serve to satisfy one's ripe-for-insane-asylum subhuman sadistic fantasies. If you want vengeance, then go ahead and exercise whatever you believe is retribution yourself. Then you in turn are held accountable, found guilty and locked up with those whose sentiment you claim to abhor but to an extent in reality share. Yes share, because that's effectively what you are doing by advocating dehumanizing conditions and torture for other human beings. Because they're still human beings, the notion that upon committing a crime regardless of its severity one becomes less-than human and therefore deserves to be treated as such has been proven to be counterproductive by progressive correctional systems time and time again

• Tyler and AceRay like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:51 AM Edited by gtamann123, 18 February 2014 - 01:54 AM.

The correctional system should not serve to satisfy one's ripe-for-insane-asylum subhuman sadistic fantasies. If you want vengeance, then go ahead and exercise whatever you believe is retribution yourself. Then you in turn are held accountable, found guilty and locked up with those whose sentiment you claim to abhor but to an extent in reality share. Yes share, because that's effectively what you are doing by advocating dehumanizing conditions and torture for other human beings. Because they're still human beings, the notion that upon committing a crime regardless of its severity one becomes less-than human and therefore deserves to be treated as such has been proven to be counterproductive by progressive correctional systems time and time again
Well I think there is an observable differemce between normal people and people who committed heinous acts. When someone commits a heinous act like those two examples then I beleive they forfeit their human rights. Their is a difference between a criminal who commits a minor infraction or does something out of necessity. And a sadistic f*ck who doesn't deserve to live amongst normal people in society. Or have normal people financially support them and their life behind bars.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Why does a killer have rights than a person who created The Pirate Bay who has little to no rights

Money >>>> people's lives for corporate f*cks.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:07 PM Edited by arsenal_fan, 19 February 2014 - 12:08 PM.

I think he should be allowed a ps3 but only give him games published by EA and Activision.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

This guy does.

As long as you use black text myself, and most other people on the forum will continue ignoring your posts, I don't understand why you do not change it when obviously it is not beneficial to you, I'm only replying to this because I can read it after quoting it.

The reason he only has 21 years in prison is because the point of prison is not to punish in Norway, because that achieves nothing, if one person dies, why then stuff the other person up as well? That's not helping anybody, it's unproductive. Punishment is not necessarily effective on its own either, yes it is important and an integral part of the rehabilitation system but You can have a guy in prison for 60 years, spending tax payer money on him and what not, then release him and he still goes and commits the same f*cking crime. OR you could have a 10-20 year sentence where the guy is actually rehabilitated and can become a normal part of society because they obviously have some sort of issue in their mind that needs resolving. Norway has the lowest reoffending rates in the world, clearly something is working.

This picture always annoys me, what is -9 decibels without a reference point?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 19 February 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Prisons here in Norway are like hotels.. I bet he'll get that Playstation eventually.. Bastard!

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

This guy does.

As long as you use black text myself, and most other people on the forum will continue ignoring your posts, I don't understand why you do not change it when obviously it is not beneficial to you, I'm only replying to this because I can read it after quoting it.

The reason he only has 21 years in prison is because the point of prison is not to punish in Norway, because that achieves nothing, if one person dies, why then stuff the other person up as well? That's not helping anybody, it's unproductive. Punishment is not necessarily effective on its own either, yes it is important and an integral part of the rehabilitation system but You can have a guy in prison for 60 years, spending tax payer money on him and what not, then release him and he still goes and commits the same f*cking crime. OR you could have a 10-20 year sentence where the guy is actually rehabilitated and can become a normal part of society because they obviously have some sort of issue in their mind that needs resolving. Norway has the lowest reoffending rates in the world, clearly something is working.

This picture always annoys me, what is -9 decibels without a reference point?

I think its because the room doesn't have echo either. So it doesn't only block sound from the outside world it also dampens sound from the inside as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users