Quantcast

» «
Photo

Method to Rearrange Cars in Garage after 1.10?

13 replies to this topic
Ammunized
  • Ammunized

we ned mor carz

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by Ammunized, 15 February 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Since after the 1.10 patch, the mechanic no longer delivers the vehicle to you( visually), I am jut wondering if you can still use the same method (1.09) to rearrange the cars in your garage. I would try this myself but my garage is full and I don't want to replace a vehicle just to try a method that may not work.

So can anyone confirm this? Thanks :)

The method I used before was;

1. Call mechanic for my car
2. When he gets out I stand by my car and order another random car to replace the car I called out
3. Get in my car and drive it in my garage
4. Then insure it again

And if it no longer works, is there a new method?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by reform, 15 February 2014 - 10:42 PM.

It no longer works as your car spawns with the door closed, so it is locked and you can't get in after replacing it.

Not sure of any new methods yet.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

Emperor of The Grand Ole Republic of Texas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Sorry but no it doesn't work, and as of yet n one has found a glitch to do it, I just don't understand why R* doesn't just make this possible.

logikfive
  • logikfive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Does the method where you have a full garage with atleast one junk vehicle, park your car outside, grab another vehicle from the street, replace your car parked on the street, walk out of garage and drive your pv back into your garage and place wherever you wish, still work?

I havent had to do it lately so I cant say, but Ill try it tomorrow.

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I'm looking for a method to do this as well. I have one car I don't mind losing to make this happen.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

Emperor of The Grand Ole Republic of Texas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

-Insure ANY Vehicle in your Garage/Rearrange your Garage:
(2 people & a full garage needed)[can be given to your "other" character]

Spoiler

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

holy sheet so much work to just move your cars around. ffs

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

Does the method where you have a full garage with atleast one junk vehicle, park your car outside, grab another vehicle from the street, replace your car parked on the street, walk out of garage and drive your pv back into your garage and place wherever you wish, still work?

I havent had to do it lately so I cant say, but Ill try it tomorrow.

Yes, it does. That's how I've done it all along...

Must have a full garage:

1. Put a junk car in the spot you'll be wanting to move your vehicle to.
2. Pull out the vehicle you want to move.
3. After the cutscene, jump out of the car, steal another car and put it in your garage... You'll get the "You have 10 cars" message... That's fine.
4. choose to replace the car you are wanting to move (the one you just pulled out).
5. Walk back out of your garage. Do not get in another car.
6. The car you want to move will still be right outside your garage... Drive it back in... Again, you'll get the "You have 10 cars" message... That's fine.
7. Select the spot you want to move the car to... If you put a junk car there in the beginning (as was suggested in step 1) you won't care about losing that car.

The car you wanted to move should now be in the spot you wanted it in, with a junk car (or whatever car you drove in in step 3) in the spot the car you wanted to move was in before. The only catch is, if you had insurance on the car you moved, you will have to take it to LSC and re-insure it.

Takes a bit of planning ahead and I'd suggest doing it in a solo or invite only session, but certainly can be done.

-Bill
  • piponzilla likes this

piponzilla
  • piponzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by piponzilla, 18 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

This means you can put an special car in our garage again?

please,please,please......(crossing fingers)

Ammunized
  • Ammunized

we ned mor carz

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Does the method where you have a full garage with atleast one junk vehicle, park your car outside, grab another vehicle from the street, replace your car parked on the street, walk out of garage and drive your pv back into your garage and place wherever you wish, still work?I havent had to do it lately so I cant say, but Ill try it tomorrow.

Yes, it does. That's how I've done it all along...Must have a full garage:1. Put a junk car in the spot you'll be wanting to move your vehicle to.2. Pull out the vehicle you want to move.3. After the cutscene, jump out of the car, steal another car and put it in your garage... You'll get the "You have 10 cars" message... That's fine.4. choose to replace the car you are wanting to move (the one you just pulled out).5. Walk back out of your garage. Do not get in another car.6. The car you want to move will still be right outside your garage... Drive it back in... Again, you'll get the "You have 10 cars" message... That's fine.7. Select the spot you want to move the car to... If you put a junk car there in the beginning (as was suggested in step 1) you won't care about losing that car.The car you wanted to move should now be in the spot you wanted it in, with a junk car (or whatever car you drove in in step 3) in the spot the car you wanted to move was in before. The only catch is, if you had insurance on the car you moved, you will have to take it to LSC and re-insure it.Takes a bit of planning ahead and I'd suggest doing it in a solo or invite only session, but certainly can be done.-Bill

Confirmed on PS3?

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Confirmed on PS3?

Well, I play on PS3 and those are the exact steps I have taken whenever I wanted to move a car, so...

I dunno if it has any "adverse effects," like not being able to sell the car (like if you move an Entity or other car that can only be bought on the websites) but I have had no issues moving or selling any car that I have had.

-Bill

Ammunized
  • Ammunized

we ned mor carz

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by Ammunized, 18 April 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Confirmed on PS3?

Well, I play on PS3 and those are the exact steps I have taken whenever I wanted to move a car, so...I dunno if it has any "adverse effects," like not being able to sell the car (like if you move an Entity or other car that can only be bought on the websites) but I have had no issues moving or selling any car that I have had.-Bill
Never got time to try this method, was too busy grinding missions...until now...Thanks so much dude and logikfive for mentioning it! :)

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

The original method still works but you do lose insurance on the vehicle you are moving, and if it is a premium vehicle you lost the ability to sell it without using another glitch.

This is becasue when you "rearrange" a car, you technically delete the original, even though it never disappears and still appears as a PV when on the street. Dupes of premiums can't be sold to LSC. You get the "can't sell over 50k" message.

lann3fors
  • lann3fors

Domestic Battery

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I can add that one need to be prepared.. new insurance; 

0_0.jpg

Phoenix      2 500

Tailgater     6 000

Sandking    5 000

Entity          100 000