Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO much more co-operative now that money is gone.

18 replies to this topic
RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 15 February 2014 - 07:00 PM.

I took some time away from the game after I was given billions of dollars during the hacking/cheating era.  I picked it back up now that the money and cheating is mostly gone...and I am very pleasantly surprised to see a completely different community now.  I actually hung out with several randoms that didn't shoot me on sight.  This rarely happened before in free roam.

The biggest reason I quit awhile back was because NOBODY played deathmatches, races, and co-ops.  Everyone was rich and had everything, so hardly anyone played the missions.  This HAS CHANGED.  In the last 2 days, I have hosted a LOT of co-ops.  The room filled up with 4 people almost every single time.  I have chosen to join a random co-op over 20 times, and each and every time I was put into a full room or almost full room.  

This is something that I rarely came across before.  Most of my night was spent hosting, inviting, waiting, back out...try another session, host game/join game, sit in empty lobby again for 10 minutes..give up and quit.  That was an average night of trying to do missions.  Now, on PS3 at least, I always see 16 player sessions, full mission lobbies, and players actually playing together.  

Rockstar really gave the co-operative community a boost when they took the money and hacking away.  Nobody can afford to just spend hours griefing in free roam anymore.  Great move by Rockstar.  It's been a very obvious plus for me and lots of others who were really missing that co-op community feeling in GTAO.

Now I just can't wait for the mission creator.  From the video I watched on the mission creator, we will be able to create some true stealth missions.  This game is sorely missing a reason to care about your stealth skill, but that will soon change when the mission creator is introduced in the content creator soon.

• adamsowilliams and NuclearCore like this

DiveGummi
  • DiveGummi

Cookie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

NO.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I play jobs for fun.
But since all of them are boring I don't play them.

Deathmatches are also boring and races are just demolition derbies.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

It's not because they took the money away... They updated the matchmaking system. But either way, it's good that they did something.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

I agree that the co-ops are boring, but the mission creator needed this to happen before it's released.  The mission creator will give us the ability to create some things they don't have in this game right now.  Rockstar has done a great job getting this game ready for the mission creator with this last patch.  

It's not because they took the money away... They updated the matchmaking system. But either way, it's good that they did something.

It's a little bit of both.  I know a lot of people that I used to play missions with that quit as soon as they were gifted billions.  When everyone had billions, there was no reason to play missions.  Now there is.  What are the changes they made to the matchmaking system?  I know they added an option for "join a contact mission", but is there something else they did that is causing more people to play deathmatches, races, co-ops?

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

NO.

YES

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

NO.

YES

MAYBE

pnut87
  • pnut87

Not Brett Favre

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

NO.

YES

MAYBE

I DUNNO

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

NO.

YES
MAYBE

I DUNNO
ME NEITHER

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

I don't know.

Fixed.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

No.

Yes.
Maybe.

I don't know.

Fixed.

CALM DOWN, MIKHAIL! MIKHAIL!!!

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Lol...this got funny real quick :D

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

ppl dont realize how much everyone having billions ruins the game. They think R* are trying to force you to buy cash cards by not giving you missions that pay 100k for 5 mins of play.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

ppl dont realize how much everyone having billions ruins the game. They think R* are trying to force you to buy cash cards by not giving you missions that pay 100k for 5 mins of play.

I do think the pay should be higher than what it is, but it has gotten better.  Patch 1.10 raised some of the payouts.  Mission payout should depend on several factors.  If you call Pegasus for a chopper, it should automatically lower the payout since it makes it easier.  But at the same time, if it takes 25 minutes to complete a mission, that mission should pay out around 50K.

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

No.

Yes.
Maybe.

I don't know.

Fixed.

CALM DOWN, MIKHAIL! MIKHAIL!!!

NO

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Everything about the game is better except I can't afford a Roosevelt! Lol

Retardation
  • Retardation

Radio Mirror Park

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

NO.

YES
MAYBE

I DON'T KNOW

Can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big

Life is unfair

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

If you think the payouts should be higher than what they are, then they probably are where they should be.

I think the friendly fire option made the game promote coop finally.  Where was that this whole time?  Now we just need one to prioritize players over anything else.

secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

If by more co-operative you mean getting peoples cars out of the impound or from MMI and driving directly at a tank to get the dents/bullet holes buffed out then sure I'm being more co-operative :lol:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users