3 replies to this topic
AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

any tech heads in here?

i need advice on my laptop, its a brand new hp pavilion, i have to hardwire the internet to get it to work, i can use it wireless like i am at this very moment, but only within a metre and half distance from the router, which is by the tv, meaning i cant use the laptop up stairs, in the office or outside

not only this, but even when hardlined, the interent runs really slow, this website is prime example, it takes about 5 seconds to acknowledge a hyperlink

any ideas or suggestions?

many thanks

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

You have two options :

1- Place the router in the center of the house so that the signal can roam evenly in all the direction and direct the antennas ( if they exist ) to the ground

2- Get a good wifi antenna and plug it to your laptop

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

is it possible to change the wireless card? ive tried one those antennas before on another laptop and wasnt very good

the router was placed on my office desk (between lounge and kitchen) by the engineer came out and said it was too far from the tv box so moved it next to the tv, i wanted it in my office so i could use the desktop as well, which i now cant

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

is it possible to change the wireless card? ive tried one those antennas before on another laptop and wasnt very good

the router was placed on my office desk (between lounge and kitchen) by the engineer came out and said it was too far from the tv box so moved it next to the tv, i wanted it in my office so i could use the desktop as well, which i now cant

This is what you need : 
EW-7438RPn_Application_Diagram.jpg

I never tried one before but you should give it a try , its called a Wifi Extender, it is small and it can be plugged to any power source

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users