Quantcast

» «
Photo

AI driving was better in GTA SA

16 replies to this topic

Poll: AI physics better in SA or 5 (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game had better AI physics?

1. SA (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. V (26 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

I have noticed that when I get chased by the cops, or the angry mexican construction worker, They always speed up, and ram me at 500 mph which causes my cars wheels to lock into one direction which is super annoying.  But in SA, they would just ram the back of your car, and you could still drive straight.  I think that the AI is better in SA.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

Vote ChrilLe for mayor!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sorry, but I don't really care about the AI physics. :D

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hell no, the traffic was buggy as hell in that game. Cars always bumping into each other
  • kushnstien likes this

kushnstien
  • kushnstien

Hoe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

on SA highway they drove 100mph

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

SA doesn't have RAGE's advanced AI system. SA is extremely basic in comparison due to the fact that its running off of RenderWare.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

No, the AI in GTA V is way better than SA.
"500mph" talk about exaggeration :lol:

policia32
  • policia32

Rat

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ha!  I remember the carnage that was the freeway going through the center of Los Santos.  Come to think of it, the similarities between driving in SA Los Santos and Los Angeles are uncanny.

But really, GTA V has much better physics. 

pnut87
  • pnut87

Not Brett Favre

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

SA doesn't have RAGE's advanced AI system. SA is extremely basic in comparison due to the fact that its running off of Render

Sometimes, simplicity is better. Not necessarily say that is the case here, though.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Nigga you crazy

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

i always thought its a cool way to get your speed up when your running from the police in a slow car, suddenly a compact car can do 120mph lol..

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

I find myself more annoyed of the traffic in V. They always seem to dart over in front of me right at the last second causing me to hit them.. it's almost like they do it on purpose.

I find myself getting out of my car and shooting at annoying AI drivers in this game than the previous ones.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

I find myself more annoyed of the traffic in V. They always seem to dart over in front of me right at the last second causing me to hit them.. it's almost like they do it on purpose.

I find myself getting out of my car and shooting at annoying AI drivers in this game than the previous ones.

I know, it's so annoying.  But I was more talking about how they seemed more realistic compared to the player.  I have hit cars in GTA 5 without them even moving, and if you try to run from a police chase in a straight line, somehow your wheels lock up, and you crash due to the god mode AI.  The mass needs to be reduced to be equal with crashing into another player.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I know, it's so annoying.  But I was more talking about how they seemed more realistic compared to the player.  I have hit cars in GTA 5 without them even moving, and if you try to run from a police chase in a straight line, somehow your wheels lock up, and you crash due to the god mode AI.  The mass needs to be reduced to be equal with crashing into another player.

Yeah I agree. When you're going like top speed and you hit another car you just come to a dead stop. It doesn't make any sense. You would be the one with the momentum, obviously.

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I have noticed that when I get chased by the cops, or the angry mexican construction worker, They always speed up, and ram me at 500 mph which causes my cars wheels to lock into one direction which is super annoying.  But in SA, they would just ram the back of your car, and you could still drive straight.  I think that the AI is better in SA.

You know if you weave left and right they don't get the boost. It's just the drafting that you get in races (but only for the AI, WTH :angry:).

o ILL AUDIO o
  • o ILL AUDIO o

M0Dified's Breaker

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

what I hate more than anything are those immovable AI drivers that sometimes run into you and toss your car around like a tag doll while their car randomly becomes tank-like.. so realistic.
I find myself getting pissed off alot during missions due to that, lots of unnecessary stickies get wasted on dumb-ass AI drivers

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 15 February 2014 - 10:16 PM.

NEITHER

GTA IV had this down 100% perfect.

If you hit ANYTHING at a high rate of speed in ANY vehicle, there was a 100% chance the protagonist would go flying to his death out of the windshield.

If you dropped off a 3+ story building rooftop to the ground below, there was a 99.9999% chance the protagonist would be DOA in the firery vehicle crash below

If you hit a bus, truck etc. at a high rate of speed, there was a 100% chance the protagonist wouldn't be walking wounded away from that head on collision

etc etc.

Back in SA, the vehicle physics from collisions and crashes were ridiculous (and really funny to watch). But CJ ended up realistically dying 99% of the time from some of the worst ones.  But with GTA V, ALL of these lunacy scenarios are 100% possible.  Best yet, your car has an invisible magnet which prohibits it from ever leaving the road after hitting speed bumps, other vehicles/objects etc etc. So it's not physically possible for you GTAO char to ever get thrown from a vehicle in a roll over. Or from a direct high speed head on collision with a semi truck. :facedesk:

edit: I've also noticed that R* added a Saint's Row style of driving to the AI motorists on the street.  Especially car motorists.  When passing in the opposite lane, these motorists will deliberately go out of their way to swerve--and sometimes cross over the solid line--out of their lane to force contact or make you swerve.  Or just as you are about to enter an intersection, they'll speed up--then deliberately slow down---so that you end up T boning their vehicle.

• theNGclan likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

what I hate more than anything are those immovable AI drivers that sometimes run into you and toss your car around like a tag doll while their car randomly becomes tank-like.. so realistic.

And it always happens when you're not in the mood to be stopped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users