Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bummer...I accidentally deleted my level 106 character!

20 replies to this topic
KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

It's not a cry story or anything like that. I was a level 106 and had two characters. Character slot 1 was my first creation that I made at the very start of GTA-O but hated the look of. My 2nd character is the one I had used for a very long time.

I decided I wanted to delete character 1 from the choose character screen, so as character 2 was highlighted when I pressed the x button (delete character) I toggled right and it made the sound that I had toggled to another character and at the same time up popped a window that covered the whole screen asking 'please confirm you want to delete this character by typing in delete', so I did that, but to my horror it deleted character 2. I wonder why it asks us to name each character, I think the characters name should pop up as well in that question about deleting character.

Anyway you would think it would be all doom and gloom after that error but you know what, I may have lost some nice vehicles, lots of ammo and weapons and a nice apartment but starting again has been pretty good, all I miss is my carbine rifle with pink tint (thats really the only gun I used), I miss my convertible sentinel, I also miss having all the custom unlocks for the cars.

I haven't as yet encountered any tanks which is probably due to being put in low level lobbies where folk cant afford them. The low level lobbies are quite mad really, funny at times to partake in, full of people learning the game and honestly messing up, really interesting. So if you're a wolf and wanna take down some lambs that are genuinely new to gta online then think about starting again at level 1 lol.

The grind is hard but the game for me has never been about the long slog. 

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

See I really want to restart my low level 2nd character to change their appearance but that is exactly why I haven't done it yet lol. I hope they let us edit our characters again soon.

Anyway yeah, that's unlucky.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

Vote ChrilLe for mayor!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by ChrilLe, 15 February 2014 - 06:38 PM.

My beautiful Alejandra...  two days ago, she was lvl. 81 (illegal), and I thought the only best way to get the traces away, was too... put her to sleep.

Luckly, I got some of her hair before I buried her. With her DNA, I made a clone of her, this time more beautiful and strong.

Startin over again is... wonderful.

• KimberJane, matajuegos01, paulmgrath and 1 other like this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Luckly, I got some of her hair before I buried her. With her DNA, I made a clone of her, this time more beautiful and strong.

lol that made me laugh :D

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

I just started a new character too. It's fun as hell tbh. Luckily i had loads of money on my main character ( level 80 ) so i dont have to grind for cash and just play missions etc as they unlock. Much easier than before with the sweeper Rifle and the only vehicles he will have is his Granger and F620 which were both tuned by character one and had a friend invite me back as character two . He's pretty much all set up to dominate now :)

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

I finally realized I can create a second character and have 10 more garage slots! durrrr before I was thinking why make another character?? But yeah that sucks losing a 106. I just broke 100 myself a couple days ago...lot of time and effort lost. 

• KimberJane likes this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

TL;DR

Just start over, sleep with your sister and finger some sheep. :)
  • GTA-Freak-Vi, Gasmasks and siray like this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

I know those feels.

http://gtaforums.com...main-character/

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Sounds like a real pain. I only have one character. I was considering making a female character and calling her my character's wife. The reason is because they will share the same bank account and she will spend all of his money buying the new stuff that she unlocks. Har de har har har.

No seriously, I am thinking of making a second character to trick people into a false sense of security so I can blast level 100+ and make them feel bad for being owned by a noob.

Master plan.

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

my friend's xbox controller is 6 years old.

He was switching character with a smile so bold.

His A sometimes translates into X.

You can guess what happened next.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Dam, I feel for your friend. It's not all bad for me though, I just wanna get to level 42 quickly so I can get the carbine rifle. 

For those folk starting out now they have a much better game than we had in the early days. No cloud server issues or game sticking at the first mission (remember those days?!?).

It's still good fun though from the start but to think how far I've gotta go to reach 106 again all I can do is *sigh*.

Happy to finally have a replacement Sultan.

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Dam, I feel for your friend. It's not all bad for me though, I just wanna get to level 42 quickly so I can get the carbine rifle. 

For those folk starting out now they have a much better game than we had in the early days. No cloud server issues or game sticking at the first mission (remember those days?!?).

It's still good fun though from the start but to think how far I've gotta go to reach 106 again all I can do is *sigh*.

play for fun and you'll be 106 in no time

Sultan is a great vehicle btw I own it too,much better than the overrated buffalo

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Sultan is a great vehicle btw I own it too,much better than the overrated buffalo

Play for fun is how I always play it anyway. Think I would of been nearer to 200 if  I took the game for what it is and didn't have fun :)

Yah loved my sultan I had at level 106, not loving my current one as much, but all I ever drove of late before the delete was my sultan or convertible sentinel.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by gizz01, 15 February 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Baaaaaaaaa.. ringa stinga lol

but going again with another character is still fun as he11..

for those that gitched their millions I strogly suggest a fresh char and play the game as it meant because it really is a blast..

not suggesting OP is/was a glitcher btw :)

p.s

get ya self a oracle sport, awsome car right out the box with no mods, way better than the saltan IMO ofcorse :)

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Play for fun is how I always play it anyway. Think I would of been nearer to 200 if  I took the game for what it is and didn't have fun :)

Yah loved my sultan I had at level 106, not loving my current one as much, but all I ever drove of late before the delete was my sultan or convertible sentinel.

metal aluminium looks the best,try it yourself

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

OP I would have enjoyed helping you rank up a new character if we played on the same console. Good luck with your game!

• KimberJane and gizz01 like this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by KimberJane, 15 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

Baaaaaaaaa.. ringa stinga lol

but going again with another character is still fun as he11..

for those that gitched their millions I strogly suggest a fresh char and play the game as it meant because it really is a blast..

not suggesting OP is/was a glitcher btw :)

p.s

get ya self a oracle sport, awsome car right out the box with no mods, way better than the saltan IMO ofcorse :)

I will look out for the Oracle, I actually think I had one of those a month or so ago but I'm rubbish with car names, they're nearly all just colours, like I like the red car or the blue car lol. I ditched 3 or 4 cars because I wanted motorbikes and off road vehicles on one side of my garage, oh that reminds me I lost my really cute looking Bagger motorbike lol. 

Btw just for the record I never glitched ever, only thing I ever did was one time I accepted a fully modded car from some random person once in free roam and that kinda felt like I had done wrong lol.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

OP I would have enjoyed helping you rank up a new character if we played on the same console. Good luck with your game!

you call this helping the community??? Stop being cheap and get out there and buy a new console and help the OP damnit :D
  • KimberJane and gta4thewin like this

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Rest in Peace.

• KimberJane likes this

kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

I would have screamed like hell

• KimberJane likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

I got straight onto R* about it, suffice to say that I'm still waiting. Hopefully it's still in the cloud somewhere but I aint holding my breath.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users