What could GtaV learn from other games?

15 replies to this topic
Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I love the game and it's no doubt the best open world game so far but I'm not a blind fanboy and I see many missed opportunities.

Just Cause 2: I wish gta v had some of the countryside in jc2, seriously it sucks, the mountains are bare, no trees whatsoever. I'm not even talking about map size, just some of the diversity in just cause 2 would be great. Not talking about cities either, they suck in jc2.

Max Payne 3: Honestly the shooting mechanics feel a lot more fuild in this game, I also wish we could control character's speed with thumbstick instead of tapping it.

Sleeping dogs: Some fighting techniques, not as extreme as SD but something besides the simple and boring, but improved over iv, fighing mechanics.

Iv&San Andreas: Minigames. What happenened to being a cop? Random cop missions? Fightclub? Gym?.

Like I said the game game is amazing but I don't know why R* didn't add some of this stuff.

R* reminds me of Apple, Whatever it gives you, it's great quality and well done, but it limits what's given to you, even if it makes sense to do that little extra feature.
  • 018361 and matajuegos01 like this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by drr26, 15 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

Yeah there could be some more GTA game influences. With the DLC lots could appear, to bring gameplay hours up a lot more. I hope so. Pool would be good to return as the table already exists in one location. 

I miss vigilante so much that I reached level 36 on Vice City the other day to make up for it. It has to return to the series, either as part of said DLC, or the next game. Plenty of Police etc vehicles already to choose from, and the Hunter returning would be the best choice for me! 

• 018361 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

The car storage system in Saints Row-When I mod a car and store I like it to stay there until I delete it and we should be able to store more cars.

The nightlife and clubs in TBOGT

The stealth in TLOU

Everybody knows I love V but there is always room for improvement.

Sneakyy
  • Sneakyy

eren on the streets titan in the sheets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

More open world games

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

I f*cking agree with you in all of those features, OP, especially Max Payne's shooting mechanics

and IV's driving e.e

• Crimson Flam3s likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

seriously it sucks, 

Clearly V is not a perfect game, no game is. The countryside is not perfect by any means, but to say it sucks is exaggerating. Things could've been better, yes the lack of detail on mountains is terrible, but for the most part it looks fantastic and more importantly its fun for offroading. 

• 018361 and Crimson Flam3s like this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

seriously it sucks, 

Clearly V is not a perfect game, no game is. The countryside is not perfect by any means, but to say it sucks is exaggerating. Things could've been better, yes the lack of detail on mountains is terrible, but for the most part it looks fantastic and more importantly its fun for offroading. 

Yeah it's not THAT bad, but imo they could have made it much better. I like it for offroading that's true but I don't understand why the didn't add any forests, or at least make the mountains have more trees, look at this pics i took on jc2, the actually map plus some trees on mountains and something like this would be so awesome:

5OMUqui.png

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Some of the mountains do seem like filler but I actually really like Sandy Shores plus that whole alien shrine thing. I also like Paleto Bay and the trailer parks plus the farms. I knot that isn't exactly nature but the game still has a lot to offer outside of the city.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Some of the mountains do seem like filler but I actually really like Sandy Shores plus that whole alien shrine thing. I also like Paleto Bay and the trailer parks plus the farms. I knot that isn't exactly nature but the game still has a lot to offer outside of the city.

The game does have a lot to offer, outside the city but I still can't wrap my mind about the crappy mountains, mount chilliad is not even that bad, but common, even jc2 which is from 2010 has better forests etc, and I'm not a developer so I don't know the full limitations, but it's hard to believe they couldn't have added at least more trees here and there.

jackblackismymother
  • jackblackismymother

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

I believe we should be able to watch our awesome slow-mo deaths as long as we want! And when w'ere done, we press, (for ps3) the x button and it'll take us back to the hospital. I've always wanted that  :lol:

• matajuegos01 likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

lol yeah some deaths are awesome but the slow-mo goes away too fast.

Another feature to add to the list: recording. I was just reading that just cause 2 on ps3 had a video recording feature were it captured the last 30 secs in case you something awesome just happened  or it records up to 10 mins if you want.. How is that not possible in V??! would be an awesome feature imo

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

First of id like to say gta v is a great game, one of my greatest games along with gta 3 and vcs, however i do think gta v could learn to make more missions, the story was too short i did not even get to know anything about a character before he/she is never seen again, i dont like finishing a game unless i know alot about the protaganists, this case the game "disapoints" to some extent, however as ive mentioned previously it still is a great game and have been playing alot lately.

'Hobs out'

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:58 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 17 February 2014 - 07:59 AM.

Sleeping dogs: Some fighting techniques, not as extreme as SD but something besides the simple and boring, but improved over iv, fighing mechanics.

R* reminds me of Apple, Whatever it gives you, it's great quality and well done, but it limits what's given to you, even if it makes sense to do that little extra feature.

sleeping dogs should never be brought up again. sweep it under the rug right now.

Pretty much every company has learned from Steve Jobs' business philosophies now days. It makes sense, if you are Steve Jobs or in his shoes.

Too much technology in the hands of the consumer, would surely spoil their target audience, especially if it's cheap technology. Businesses cannot survive by selling you cheap technology. They limit the amount of good/acceptable upon society technology you get so there is a need for more. More facebook at your disposal, everywhere you go, and on multiple wireless devices. Even with the limitations the consumers are given, technology advances faster than the company/business can keep up. So prices on what they can provide you, have to be fairly high in terms of what they actually spend making that technology.

Which is why you pay roughly $65 for a new game, instead of the $20 you should pay. Maybe 20 is too high? Oh, and also why you pay $65 and they have complete control over how much content that $65 is actually worth.

I don't expect them to take much from any old games mechanics with the need for new engines to run properly on next gen. But hopefully they will keep some of the classic features that were known to be an advantage to people playing those games.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

That's what I dont like, many games are not worth no where near $65 but that's the "standar". To be fair, those games don't sell as much because the price is too high for the content so if its cheaper, they might sell more but get less profit for each copy, making things even.

About sleeping dogs, i didnt like the figting as much as I wanted because it felt too "arcadish" and the counters where too easy, but its the concept that counts and after 13 years, its disappointing how much the meele has advanced.

Someone said something similar in other thread, many features have only gotten an upgrade, a new coat of paint bu its practically the same. I like cops in V for example, but its not a big upgrade you would expect for a franchise that's been for so long.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

GTA games might not come out as often as I would like them to but honestly the one lesson that should of been applied to GTA V is to never rush a title on to shelves. I think that GTA V was rushed and also as a result feels indecisive on many levels. Very ambitious title but GTA IV felt like it was complete. This game however feels like they didn't get the time required to make it everything they wanted. So it feels like corners were cut and they never got to balance it all out. 

• PulpFiction likes this

RyderNotThisAgain
  • RyderNotThisAgain

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

What other games can learn is, COMPLETELY maxing out the consoles/computer capabilities. The way R* maximized the graphics and fluidity on an outdated hardware is amazing.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users