Idiots in Races

46 replies to this topic
kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Didnt rockstar say something a while back about dealing with idiots in races. Yet nothing is being done and these noobs are still doing the pit manourve and its annoying

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Dealing with idiots is not easy as you think

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

g1333060359684120787.jpg

• Happy_Killstick likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

They are in boats today, lucky for me I know how to drive boats, and use the trim properly. The last 3 lobbies I was in, I don't think there was a voice over the age of 11.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Bartman will help you get rid of these idiots

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

They are in boats today, lucky for me I know how to drive boats, and use the trim properly. The last 3 lobbies I was in, I don't think there was a voice over the age of 11.

I know how to sail real boats but this game you can't even capsize or oversteer....
So dumb.

darkerangel
  • darkerangel

Thug

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

yeah right, like you never do a pit move to win the race. Cry baby's everywhere

• Luk38644 and Captain Hammer like this

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Playing with dirty racers is fun. I mean racing would be boring if we had ghosting or whatever. 

I love how you call them idiots, yet they are smart enough to make you lose the race and outplay you. 

WE DON'T LIVE BY RULES!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!! 

....or Don't race, bitch!!!!!!

• Luk38644, WWWWVWWVWWWVVWWW, Bozzah and 1 other like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Replace catchup with collision on/off. Fixed.

• PkUnzipper likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

What are you bitching about you ungrateful ass? They just gave you some awesome DLC! A sh*tty car, a tommy gun (second best weapon in the game after the broken bottle), and whore-y clothes for the ladies (who wouldn't run around in lengerie shooting up the city?)... How dare you expect them to fix some actual game play issues.

• Cwinny24 likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 15 February 2014 - 04:25 PM.

@ Tritum

I agree, I've had boats my whole life, and some of the turns made in this game with boats would be an instant capsize IRL. Actually the Dinghy which is  RHIB Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat, is one of the most stable craft out there. Only way you capsizing in that boat is high seas, and most likely from being broadsided by a decent size wave.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

GTA racing is hardcore racing.  There should be no ghost mode.   Its survival on wheels.   Do yourself a favor and host your own races.  Or avoid races with catch up on or straight tracks.  Turns....Turns remove rammers from your ass.  And with catch up off they won't get another chance if you just drive 'good'.

If you want clean  races tho, join a racing crew.  Mostly its filled with racers who enjoy the racing aspect more then the winning.

Theres Red Rum Racing and Apex and a few others.

• dlow likes this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Love racing and I pit people all the time. If they could just remove that sh*tty catch-up effect.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 15 February 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Off topic: I just received a 6k good sport reward, up from the usual 2k, must be part of the weekend special.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sure there will be pit racers and there will be dirty racers, but I find that most of the times it's the set-up that's the real problem.

Catch Up.  

If you want to find a way to bunch a group together... this is it!  If you want something just South of a Death Match then turn off Customs too.  It'll be a battle of attrition no matter how clean the room is.

Traffic.  

So you have a problem with people crashing so you add in that everyone has to swerve to miss crashing!  This is where I see the most complaints.  That guy wasn't trying to hit you, he was trying to dodge that truck!  Now imagine if Catch-Up has you glued together and add in a truck and swerving off road to back on road and recipe for disaster comes to mind.  

Wrong Class

Super isn't the only Class.  Sports aren't either, but at least they're a more competitive option and I'm seeing more and more real racers use it and it's getting very competitive.  I think you'll start to see migration to Coupes which are perfect for separating the pack.  A flash started Coupe will guarantee your best guys get the lead.  Not to mention every new player likes to graduate college before even going through grade school by starting in Super class and then complaining nobody races correctly.  Which brings us too.

Do you have the ability?

Last but not least, if you're getting crashed on every race you have to ask yourself, is there something you're doing wrong?  Maybe you haven't developed enough to run with some competitive racers.  Honestly, I know television may look like racing is clean, but watch a NASCAR race.  Those are professionals on national television putting each other in the wall.  Why do you think a bunch of random people in a lobby are going to race "clean"?  To quote a famous movie, "winning is winning".  Bring the heat or get burnt.  Practice races solo until you know the lines and get used to the tracks.  Remember that you won't be racing your opponent, you'll be racing the track.  

How does R* Fix it?

Lastly, what can R* do?  It's easy.  Each track has a leader board of who is the fastest in each class.  Unless you've been living under a rock or you're 5th level chances are you already have a time recorded for the track you're on.  In qualifying the fastest always get to sit at the front.  So the game should order the races in respect to their lap times.  If that somehow gets a tie then your race "win" chance should be next.  Heck, even just comparing race wins would be an option although I'm afraid that newer players with really lean records would be hung out to dry.  

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by KimberJane, 15 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Being pitted bugs me a lot, I never go out of my way to pit anyone, but I holds my hands up to then aiming to pit that person if I catch up with them in race. I could of pitted someone today on the final few metres of 'long haul 2' but didn't bother so made do with 2nd. 

But being pitted is part of the game, you just have to learn how to counter it, plus pitting does make races interesting, you can overtake 2 or 3 cars in one go who have obviously crashed for some result of pitting, plus the best feeling is when someone tried to pit you but fails and crashes or skids off course. Now that makes pitting fun.

ultim84
  • ultim84

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

I don't mind the pit maneuvre because from my perspective (as an elite GTA racer :lol:), it can be avoided easily.

Though, there's one thing that keeps happening to me recently is people ramming the back of my car before tight corners, thus making me miss the corner entirely...That's the ultimate cheap shot if you ask me!

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I love doing the pit maneuver as well as rubbing/ramming my competition out of the race. Always makes me laugh when I look in the rearview mirror and see them doing barrel rolls. And sometimes it happens to me, but it's still fun.

If you cant handle it, then maybe racing in GTAO isnt for you.
  • vipprimo likes this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Go back to Gran Turismo if you can't win in GTAO races lol

This is the funnest aspect in GTAO races. Pretty soon you're going to call people who kill you with guns an idiot. You can label the thread "Idiots with guns"

lol it's part of the game,  live with it :p

• KimberJane likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I know how to sail real boats but this game you can't even capsize or oversteer....
So dumb.

You can sail real boats? That's pretty cool. What kind of boats? Like yachts? Or smaller scale sail boats?

OT: I don't race in this game because of people driving the wrong way down the track and smashing me off the road. To be honest it makes the racing very tedious when I am in front and I get smashed off the road, usually I rage quit when that happens and just don't bother racing again. Also the sharp turns in races piss me off as well so I don't bother with that either. I dunno really, they could make the cars un-PIT-able in races, that would be much better. 

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Most of the time I notice that the people who ram and try to pull pit manoeuvres usually f*ck the race up for themselves...

Aquaticwonder
  • Aquaticwonder

iggy iggs

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Why should R* fix something that you can easily avoid yourself?
  • KimberJane likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

They could make everybody happy by just giving everybody first place before they even start the race.

Yay!  No more crying!

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Most of the time I notice that the people who ram and try to pull pit manoeuvres usually f*ck the race up for themselves...

Yep, that's so true! 

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

They could make everybody happy by just giving everybody first place before they even start the race.

Yay!  No more crying!

OP has a point.He wants a no collision mode

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Yay!  No more crying!

OP has a point.He wants a no collision mode

How exactly is wanting something considered "having a point?"

• StewNorth and Hellaflush070 like this

Hellaflush070
  • Hellaflush070

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Crashes arent easily avoid-able if they come outta nowhere smartass. And I mean if R* would just make the average track double the length, you would have much more time to recover from those 'Idiots' thus making them fall behind or f*ck theirselves up in an ATTEMPTED CRASHERY, lol. I dont like to race short length races at all. Im positive that 99% of the people intentionally bumping into other people and having a laugh themselves would fall behind realllll quick if actual racers had the time to catch up. I mean like, 2 mile point to point races in the Super Class, whats that? xD cmon :p

But, there's a slight bonus to those "Idiots"... Get your payback, win the race and send them a message "Payback's a bitch aint it"

Always makes my day ;s

kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Why should R* fix something that you can easily avoid yourself?

And how are we mean't to avoid this? Swerve away and potentially crash into a pole or something?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Replace catchup with collision on/off. Fixed.

I've been saying this for ages.   All R* point to point races should have

collision parameter set to OFF aka a ghosting feature with

catch up  = OFF aka removed AND

slip stream 100% PERMANENTLY DISABLED.

So you would only be able to race on pure driving skill and/or the added boost of mods you put on your vehicle.

So if a player lacks driving skill, and tries to gain an advantage by pitting/ramming your vehicle, doing so wouldn't affect your driving in the game.  Worst case scenario is their super turbo boost mod pushes them ahead of your vehicle. Which is only fair because they have a superior modded vehicle to yours.  Best case scenario is they can't even reach the rear of your bumper since slip stream no longer exists aka you have the natural advantage since your vehicle is faster (by design without mods like adder/entity vs sandking) or has modded turbo boost etc etc.

Or if they wanted to stupidly waste their time cutting across several racing lanes (aka driving sideways) just to sideswipe your vehicle off the road, then they should have the absolute right to do so (since ghosting the vehicles would 100% permit them to do so).  So they would be justly penalized by spending the remainder of the race--trailing in last place/at back of the pack---for making an incredibly poor tactical racing decision. 

TL;DR:  Other racers shouldn't be permitted to affect your vehicle or racing tactics in races unless you're in a GTA type race.  GTA races are where anything goes aka shooting, sabotaging, pit/ramming etc. Allowing GTA style options in point to point races is redundant and unfair to players who simply want to race clean.

This would give players 2 race options:

Those who enjoy racing dirty can now do so with other racers who like racing this way.

Those who want to race clean now have the option to do so--and win fairly on their racing skills (or gain a tactical advantage by using LSC mods that are honestly earned from racing) 

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

What's pitting?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users