Photo

Claude Speed?

9 replies to this topic
RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:32 AM Edited by RazorRain, 15 February 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Hey guys I just tried this skin costume which makes Claude look like Elvis. This makes me wonder more since Claude is actually Claude Speed who is said to resemble Elvis. Take a look at an article posted by Rockstar in conjunction with GTA 3 10th Anniversary.

Dapunkilla
What’s the backstory on Claude? For example his last name, family relatives? Where he's from? Or maybe even a short bio? 

He’s a bank robber with a noisy and psychotic girlfriend. More than that, it is hard to say. Definitely a drifter, probably from the west coast, new to Liberty City. Surname may or may not be Speed.

They are being really vague here but I think its safe to say that Claude is actually Claude Speed? With the events of GTA 2 taking place in 2013 where Claude is much older.

Untitled.jpg

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I don't see how a skin can make Claude resemble Claude Speed?

RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yea your probably right. But if you look at Claude's face does he not look like Elvis with the sideburns and all? And Claude Speed resembles Elvis right?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

It has been discussed many times. I made a topic years ago about this. His name is in fact Claude Speed, but he's not supposed to be the GTA2 protagonist since the stories don't fit: http://gtaforums.com...peed-is-claude/

• RazorRain and Jeansowaty like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, the era where Claude Speed from GTA2 is, is not canon to the 3D Universe, where Claude from GTA3 is.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

i must stress being that claude speed wasnt in 3d how would you determin the outcome in 3d , doesnt make sence to me but thats that, however i don't think he ressmbles elvis

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

ClaudeSpeed-GTA2-Artwork.png

This is Claude from GTA2 so no he does not look like elvis and they are from a different era.

Rockstar chose the name because people called him Claude since the name was found in the gamefiles.

• RazorRain likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 15 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Rockstar chose the name because people called him Claude since the name was found in the gamefiles.

Uh...no. The fact that his name is found in the text file(s) proves that they had this name in mind before the game was even released. They did intend to make Claude a nameless character and to allow the player to write their own name (like in previous GTA games), but this feature was scrapped from the final build of the game.

Indy007
  • Indy007

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

I had always thought his name was Joe Annonymous back in the day.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by Filip454, 10 April 2014 - 08:21 PM.

This is Claude from GTA2 so no he does not look like elvis and they are from a different era.

It's an early artwork.

You can't see Claude's face in the final game.

It was said numerous times by me and will be always said in such topics.

Claude is Claude Speed.

He's just in two different worlds - 3D world and 2D world.

It's logical - if they named him Claude Speed in GTA 2 and then put his name in game files (Claude), he's still Claude Speed.

And BTW - very important - GTA 2 is happening in 1999 ;) Although it was planned to be futuristic but then Ray Larabie's cars were dropped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users