GTA Vice City: Swedish Translation

1 reply to this topic
opnoright
  • opnoright

Yeah, it's that guy.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hey guys just thought I'd share something that I've been slowly working on.   I recently started studying the Swedish language and I had the realization of how cool it would be to potentially further my knowledge of the language by attempting to translate one of my favorite games. I'm not sure how large the Swedish speaking community is here or if anyone would be interested in such a translation since Swedish is so close to English anyway and with the age of Vice City but it's something I've been doing to entertain myself and learn.  I'm also planning on converting the currency in game to Swedish Krona by converting all of the USD prices to SEK (editing the main.scm file).  I've started to translate cutscenes but quickly realized that I need to add å  to the game files for a proper translation.  (Not quite sure how to accomplish this but I'll look into it).  I’d love to hear if any are interested or have knowledge of how to add in Swedish letters.  

Demo of SEK Hud:

hud_zps1ac6538d.png

Demo translation: 

Introdemo_zps8abf1cad.png

Demo main pause menu: 

Pausemenu_zpse726b7b4.png

xNCx
  • xNCx

formerly known as krasiejow

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

I think you shouldn't edit the main.scm file, just translate the GXT file. About swedish letters, I am unsure, but check a fonts image archive. Every letter which can be used by the game is placed there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users