Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar taking action on Cheaters (NEW)

175 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 15 February 2014 - 10:11 AM.

This is likely the real reason...

We have received some reports about character RP issues and are looking into this now. Please stay tuned to this page for further updates.

On R* support site they are reporting that some people are loosing there RP, Rank & other problems due to the server problems on the 13th where people lost money, rank and cars that they aquired during the server problems but may not have saved and problem is still on going.

http://gtaforums.com...aracter-issues/

Saw that and almost posted it here too.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Don't know or even care if this is true or not.  One thing I do know is that there are def lower rank's in the lobbies now and from doing the intros with both of my characters it wouldn't let me into a full public lobby before I had got to either rank 3 or 4 (can't remember specifically).  I kept getting put in with other people doing the intro stuff. 

• ~TKP~ likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

Tequlia Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

This is likely the real reason...

We have received some reports about character RP issues and are looking into this now. Please stay tuned to this page for further updates.

On R* support site they are reporting that some people are loosing there RP, Rank & other problems due to the server problems on the 13th where people lost money, rank and cars that they aquired during the server problems but may not have saved and problem is still on going.

http://gtaforums.com...aracter-issues/

Saw that and almost posted it here too.

I posted that around midnight about an hour after you posted this thread and i didn't put two and two togeather til i started reading more of the comments

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I posted that around midnight about an hour after you posted in this thread and i didn't put two and two togeather til i started reading more of the comments

I just got here.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Don't know or even care if this is true or not.  One thing I do know is that there are def lower rank's in the lobbies now and from doing the intros with both of my characters it wouldn't let me into a full public lobby before I had got to either rank 3 or 4 (can't remember specifically).  I kept getting put in with other people doing the intro stuff. 

^^ This is exactly what I think. Seen a few lvl 1 in open Free Roam. After intro missions you are at least lvl2 or 3.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:55 AM Edited by ThatRandomGuy42, 15 February 2014 - 10:57 AM.

I see you're all having a nice chat.
By GTAForums standards anyway.
I don't know if it's true or not but if it is, then that's pretty funny.

trunkster
  • trunkster

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

It's true all right. I logged on this morning and noticed I was a level 1. It's a disgrace. I've never cheated.

But I did create another character whilst hammered last night.

Hmmmm...

• Udrift likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by Gasmasks, 15 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.

Umm...
How exactly...
What did your friend do...?

Used DNS codes to get to like level 300 and bought everything and had a few billion dollars. Yep.

Proof? Lol

Unfortunately, the friend doesn't have a social club so I kind of can't. Message me on xbox and if he's ever on I'll introduce you. GT: PutThatCatDown Although he made a new character so I don't know if he still has it

This single post proves how much absolute and utter sh*t is pouring from your mouth. Shut the f*ck up and stop lying to people over the internet in a bid to trick them. If you don't have pictures/links or any form of proof, don't write bullsh*t down and expect people to buy it. f*ck yourself.

No but really I am joking. Is this happening to people? That is quite funny. To hell with the cheaters anyway.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by gnad.1992, 15 February 2014 - 11:36 AM.

this OP scared the sh*t outta me!!

gotta check my social club ASAP

edit: nevermind, still all good :D

AbortSanity
  • AbortSanity

Mr Raspberry-Jam's Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Haha, can't believe these 'legit' players that are retarded enough to believe this. Cheaters always prosper!
  • Biohazard Abyss and PG. like this

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Umm...
How exactly...

Used DNS codes to get to like level 300 and bought everything and had a few billion dollars. Yep.

Proof? Lol

Unfortunately, the friend doesn't have a social club so I kind of can't. Message me on xbox and if he's ever on I'll introduce you. GT: PutThatCatDown Although he made a new character so I don't know if he still has it

This single post proves how much absolute and utter sh*t is pouring from your mouth. Shut the f*ck up and stop lying to people over the internet in a bid to trick them. If you don't have pictures/links or any form of proof, don't write bullsh*t down and expect people to buy it. f*ck yourself.

No but really I am joking. Is this happening to people? That is quite funny. To hell with the cheaters anyway.

Is it even possible to play Online without a Social Club?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Yes.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

R* should just delete everyone when heists come, causing a mess and then say, Scrrrrreeeewwww this! lets work on GTA VI  :cool:

PureScum
  • PureScum

scumbag

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

still level 416 : )

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I saw a lvl 1 in a job lobby last night and wondered how in the world they progressed through the opening scenes and maintained lvl 1. Now I know, thanks OP and this is a good thing R* is doing.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

still level 416 : )

Your username suite you.

Also you misspelled rank.
  • Cincy32 and Kelvin_00 like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Not saying I believe this but frankly it does not matter. If they still have all their stuff this makes no difference at all. A rank of 1 is just as unobtainable as a rank of 1000 and thus is still the same status symbol or "tag" that the rank cheater wanted in the first place.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

One of my friends is a rank 1 after being a rank 600+

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

New Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

OP is a notorious troll, obvious lie until proof is provided.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

did you read the previous posts?

also AS A PROOF: whenever I play in a full lobby, I HAVE to find 1+ cheater/hacker with Rank 500+ but now I after patch 1.10, I never seen someone who is 100+ :monocle:

wanted proof? READ ABOVE.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

I gave much proof, indirectly but yes, I gave proof.

Umm...
How exactly...

Proof? Lol

Is it even possible to play Online without a Social Club?

Yes... You just can't have crews, take pictures, create missions, or anything like that. Lol. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 15 February 2014 - 07:16 PM.

You lost all credibility when you mentioned Shark cards....

Didn't you know? Every single decision Rockstar makes is directly related to how it will affect Shark Card purchases. You have no idea how hard the decision was to make the Rat Loader and all modifications free. Practically caused an office-wide heart attack.     

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

everytime I log into a full lobby, I HAVE to find a tanky tanker kiddy. I never seen anyone twice (or three times. can't remember)

also, after getting a new apt, I love sitting and watching what other players are doing. there's this guy who was lvl10 and had a strong weapon (advanced rifle?) so yeah. its true :cool:

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

I have been noticing more low levels.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

lol

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I saw a guy with the lvl 100 monkey mask on but he was lvl 1. It was a few hours after a few cloud issues so it may be that

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:33 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 15 February 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.

I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

It looks like R* finally got off their @$$es and are forcing players to play the game the way it was intended: as a NON CoD, non FPS game.  I've never seen so many ppl trying to do missions since the last 2 patches TBH.

Can your friends still access the shared bank account of their 1st char if they have one?  What about access to any vehicles they legally bought before cheating which don't require leveling up first (like a tank etc)? If they previously owned a tank, do they still have this as an owned vehicle?

Track G.
  • Track G.

Crackhead

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by trackgamer, 15 February 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.

I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

This is fake you guys..... this kid is trying to scare cheaters out there.

R* would NEVER permanently make some one level 1. That has no affect on in-game money... which in turn means it has no affect on Shark Cards (real life money).

If anything, putting someone at level 1 means they'll spend less in-game money, which means they won't buy Shark Cards. And we all now how selfish R* is and how much they are trying to force people to buy shark cards....

My other proof this is fake?  No one else reporting this and no video/screen shot

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Umm...
How exactly...

Hey Tritium, it's good to see that you're back.

And I mean no sarcasm by saying this by the way.  I truly enjoy your posts :lol:

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Wow, I had never heard of this possibility. Definitely in favor of this, as I am sure many will be, but that is shockingly harsh. Wonder what type of cheating results in this...

My guess: they were most likely repeated DNS and RP/mission hacking offenses since the maintenance sweep?  

The last time I gamed with suspect hackers was pre maintenance sweep update.  I accepted an invite to join a bike race by phone.  Should have quit that race mission after checking out the racers.  Because some 5/16 racers were lvl 400+.  The 400+ players immediately pwned everyone else with their super upgraded bikes.  The race wasn't even a close one by a light year.  Then toward the final stages of that race, my console suddenly locked up and I got a brown screen.  Was forced to reboot the system and lost all game progress from the time I came online. :/

Deja Vu with post update 1.10:

I joined a survival mission at the industrial plant yesterday with my 2nd char who is a level 53. All the other players in the survival were level 15-20 and 2 of them were from the same crew. 

#1. The 1st flag with this scenario was the fact both of these crew members were wearing pogo masks---yet neither of them were past level 20.

#2. The 2nd flag was that they were armed to the teeth with all the high level WMD toys (RPGs, miniguns, stickies etc etc).  Technically, this was possible since they could have carried them over from another wave 10 survival mission, HOWEVER......

#3. The 3rd most damning flag was that we hadn't even reached wave #3, yet they BOTH appeared to possess  an indefinite capacity to call in MW AIRSTRIKES.... :blink:

I checked their gamer tags with RGSC and noticed both PSN/XBOX profiles were non existent.......

Ended up reporting the entire gaming session then promptly abandoned that survival mission.  I'd rather collect BS points that take any chances with my char suffering collateral damage---aka guilt by association---from playing with those DNS no talent @$$ clowns. Especially with all the butt hurt players appear to be having lately, with losing their chars over at RGSC since 1.10 :/ 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users