Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar taking action on Cheaters (NEW)

175 replies to this topic
EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

I'm not saying it is true or not but I have noticed a fair few level 1s in lobbies recently and the lowest I saw before was level 3s.....

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

I think i speak for the majority when i say...

Show proof or GTFO

You would think that.... but judging from the opening comments most people just swallow anything that is shat into their mouths.

• ten-a-penny, Ninjambie and sexboxlive like this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

I may very well be wrong, but I believe the OP. I want to believe the OP so I am.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Permanent level 1? Lol, I'd love it if in a week R* releases mansions that you have to be certain ranks to buy, or make the Adder, Entity, Cheetah (pretty much everything on Legendary Motorsport) only available to buy at certain ranks

• GTA Banjo, ten-a-penny and ZeroSafe5615 like this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.
I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

This is fake you guys..... this kid is trying to scare cheaters out there.

R* would NEVER permanently make some one level 1. That has no affect on in-game money... which in turn means it has no affect on Shark Cards (real life money).

If anything, putting someone at level 1 means they'll spend less in-game money, which means they won't buy Shark Cards. And we all now how selfish R* is and how much they are trying to force people to buy shark cards....

My other proof this is fake?  No one else reporting this and no video/screen shot

STFU noob.
Cheaters deserve to be scared.

lol it's a f*cking video game

calm down 

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

Good guy Rockstar.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I got accused of having a glitched level and I'm Rank 155.. Jeez don't they realize that I just really like Grand Theft Auto? 

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

A couple on my friend's list had been reset to low levels again but I don't think it's a permanent thing.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

A couple on my friend's list had been reset to low levels again but I don't think it's a permanent thing.

This would explain the recent very low level people (every single lobby I'm in there's no longer the level 250+, they've been replaced with level 1-10) however my friend can't level up. Maybe they don't want to ban people, they just want to punish them.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

seems legit...

http://support.rocks...g-?locale=en-us

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

livin' the hug life

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:48 AM Edited by rawrsnar, 15 February 2014 - 07:48 AM.

There's a guy on my friend list who obviously used DNS codes (he went from rank 20 something to 200 in a few days) so I'll see if he's been reset when I get on tomorrow morning. If this is true, than it's pretty awesome I'd say.

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

There's been a few reports on this. Some people are getting their rank reset but keeping everything else and some are loosing everything. While it would be nice, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with cheaters though; there's a big statement in red at the top of the support site that says it's an issue that they are looking into.

We have received some reports about character RP issues and are looking into this now. Please stay tuned to this page for further updates.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

I wonder if these reset players - were using the Heists DNS lobby....

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Get stoned everyday like Jesus did

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

There is a level 1 in my lobby now with a 1.50 k/d, all his stats are maxed out, and he is wearing a camo hooded that doesn't get unlocked til level 80 or so. Looks like this may be true

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

There is a level 1 in my lobby now with a 1.50 k/d, all his stats are maxed out, and he is wearing a camo hooded that doesn't get unlocked til level 80 or so. Looks like this may be true

Why dont you message him and ask wtf is going on ?

Girlybird
  • Girlybird

Tweet Tweet

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

I actually believe the OP because my friend just said there was a "Lvl 0" in the lobby that he was in about 10 minutes ago. At first, it sounded like the guy had hacks or something, but I didn't R* was doing this.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

gurna get my tank and tanktard teh n00 noobs... :D

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by Khaos89, 15 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.

I hope this is true, I can imagine the children crying their eyes out. Their tears will blot out the sun.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Argahawk
  • Argahawk

Waiting for Inquisition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

I really hope its true.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Not saying I believe OP or dont believe, but i did see a level 1 in a lobby earlier and i even thought that was funny. I have no proof but i give my word i did see a level 1. (yes, giving your word over the internet is meaningless but what do i have to gain from lying?)

TomKongPhooey
  • TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy! (xbox)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Funnily enough on saying that 2 of the sessions I was in last night had level 1 guys playing in it. 1 of the sessions had 1 guy the other had 2 playing together.

Only now on reading this thread do I see why. I was wondering how a level 1 was playing in FR when by the time you finish the intro missions your normally level 2 or 3(even 4). Makes sense then that these level 1's were in the sessions. Cheating gits lol

Smart thinking R*   :-)

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Sounds cool. If only u had proof. Until then I call bullsh*t .

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

I saw a level 0 yesterday with all gold camo on his guns. Doubt its a permanent reset but its pretty funny anyway. If you cheat you deserve to be punished.

Funny how people say that hackers ruined GTA4 online, yet the same people praise the GTA5 online hackers.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 February 2014 - 09:50 AM.

So, the OP has a couple of friends who "used DNS codes" to level up and get money, and while they were all playing together *both players* were disconnected and then came back stuck permanently at level 1?

Rockstar must have co-ordinated that attack with military precision, and are probably using the OP's "friends" as test subjects, since it's not happened to anyone else.

How is anyone even tempted to believe this crap?  It's clearly bollocks.  I'm not saying that this isn't happening to anyone anywhere and will never ever happen (even though I very much doubt it because it sounds like 0 incentive to carry on playing the game and therefore buy additional extras), but I'm saying the OP is lying and it's blatant.

• GrandTheftBatman likes this

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

So, the OP has a couple of friends who "used DNS codes" to level up and get money, and while they were all playing together *both players* were disconnected and then came back stuck permanently at level 1?

Rockstar must have co-ordinated that attack with military precision, and are probably using the OP's "friends" as test subjects, since it's not happened to anyone else.

How is anyone even tempted to believe this crap?  It's clearly bollocks.  I'm not saying that this isn't happening to anyone anywhere and will never ever happen (even though I very much doubt it because it sounds like 0 incentive to carry on playing the game and therefore buy additional extras), but I'm saying the OP is lying and it's blatant.

sleep with me

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

sleep with me

If you were actually Cara I'd be in my car on my way there right now.  Unfortunately I picture you more like Trevor so I'm in my car on my way there right now.

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

How rude

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

I'm not saying it is true or not but I have noticed a fair few level 1s in lobbies recently and the lowest I saw before was level 3s.....

Not saying I believe OP or dont believe, but i did see a level 1 in a lobby earlier and i even thought that was funny. I have no proof but i give my word i did see a level 1. (yes, giving your word over the internet is meaningless but what do i have to gain from lying?)

Interesting. Let's see what happens.

.R3b3L
  • .R3b3L

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.

I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

This is fake you guys..... this kid is trying to scare cheaters out there.

R* would NEVER permanently make some one level 1. That has no affect on in-game money... which in turn means it has no affect on Shark Cards (real life money).

If anything, putting someone at level 1 means they'll spend less in-game money, which means they won't buy Shark Cards. And we all now how selfish R* is and how much they are trying to force people to buy shark cards....

My other proof this is fake?  No one else reporting this and no video/screen shot

You lost all credibility when you mentioned Shark cards....

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 15 February 2014 - 10:09 AM.

This is likely the real reason...

We have received some reports about character RP issues and are looking into this now. Please stay tuned to this page for further updates.

On R* support site they are reporting that some people are loosing there RP, Rank & other problems due to the server problems on the 13th where people lost money, rank and cars that they aquired during the server problems but may not have saved and problem is still on going.

http://gtaforums.com...aracter-issues/

• SFBryan18 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users