Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar taking action on Cheaters (NEW)

175 replies to this topic
SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.

I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

• tom_p1980, GroundZero, 018361 and 26 others like this

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

WOW, permanently Lev.1 is a serious kick in the junk...Especially for me, who desires car upgrades and sniper rifles.... Goood job R*, f*ck all cheaters and hackers

• tom_p1980, GroundZero, 018361 and 16 others like this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

LoL, that's awesome ! 

• 018361 and SlammedSultanRS like this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

Umm...
How exactly...
What did your friend do...?
  • PkUnzipper likes this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

WOW, permanently Lev.1 is a serious kick in the junk...Especially for me, who desires car upgrades and sniper rifles.... Goood job R*, f*ck all cheaters and hackers

It's what they get(:

LoL, that's awesome ! 

• SlammedSultanRS likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Proof? Lol 

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

PSN: Clueless_Muffin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

Proof? Lol 

Hilarious punishment and would love to see a pic or something lol

• tom_p1980, 018361, Luk38644 and 3 others like this

Evershade
  • Evershade

He Who Sparketh It

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

Wow, I had never heard of this possibility. Definitely in favor of this, as I am sure many will be, but that is shockingly harsh. Wonder what type of cheating results in this...

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by SnyderGuy, 15 February 2014 - 04:32 AM.

Umm...
How exactly...
What did your friend do...?

Used DNS codes to get to like level 300 and bought everything and had a few billion dollars. Yep.

Proof? Lol 

Unfortunately, the friend doesn't have a social club so I kind of can't. Message me on xbox and if he's ever on I'll introduce you. GT: PutThatCatDown Although he made a new character so I don't know if he still has it

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

Lies.

• Luk38644, SchwartzJesuz, SCS_Skreamies and 8 others like this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

picture or it never happen at all

and the "my friend" thing, hahaha

• saintsrow, Luk38644, urban_RED_NECK and 3 others like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

picture or it never happen at all

and the "my friend" thing, hahaha

Okay, you want his gamertag? Here it is, message him if you'd like: "j st34lth"

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

What a hater you are

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by fish61324, 15 February 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Rockstar is finally taking action on the cheaters. Not just by removing money. But a new way.

I have a few friends who cheated because they don't really have time to play the game. Today, while playing with them they got disconnected  and when connected back they had gotten a message from Rockstar explaining about they are now permanently Level 1, have had money set to default, and had a few other things removed (in some cases ranging from cars to pegasus vehicles).

Praise Rockstar! 

This is fake you guys..... this kid is trying to scare cheaters out there.

R* would NEVER permanently make some one level 1. That has no affect on in-game money... which in turn means it has no affect on Shark Cards (real life money).

If anything, putting someone at level 1 means they'll spend less in-game money, which means they won't buy Shark Cards. And we all now how selfish R* is and how much they are trying to force people to buy shark cards....

My other proof this is fake?  No one else reporting this and no video/screen shot

• SchwartzJesuz, RAS_ZeroZ, J_L_K_64 and 3 others like this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

I really, really hope this is true.

Rockstar has always been a troll: to the police, to the media, to pop culture, and with GTAV to their fans. It's about damn time they troll the cheaters!!

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

Probably bogus, but OMG that would be funny

• RAS_ZeroZ and Strikeslip like this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Praise Rockstar! 

R* would NEVER permanently make some one level 1. That has no affect on in-game money... which in turn means it has no affect on Shark Cards (real life money).

If anything, putting someone at level 1 means they'll spend less in-game money, which means they won't buy Shark Cards. And we all now how selfish R* is and how much they are trying to force people to buy shark cards....

My other proof this is fake?  No one else reporting this and no video/screen shot

STFU noob.
Cheaters deserve to be scared.
  • ten-a-penny, KimberJane, lew3112 and 1 other like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by SnyderGuy, 15 February 2014 - 05:00 AM.

Praise Rockstar! 

STFU noob.
Cheaters deserve to be scared.

Lol, it honestly isnt fake. I played a few games of coveted with him, he never leveled up. Plus he had all the weapons in gold. 

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I know a guy, this guy, ya know now that i think about it, i don't know this guy now.  Um yea I don't believe it either

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

Hustler

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

hope its true

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

he just said it was fake lol 

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ˇˇooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:00 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 15 February 2014 - 05:02 AM.

I think i speak for the majority when i say...

Show proof or GTFO

• stonedpimpso, The Rangler, SFBryan18 and 1 other like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

he just said it was fake lol 

Okay I'm serious that was an accident. lol. 

Cvxxi
  • Cvxxi

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

It's true! I know a guy in this thread who knows a guy who this happened to. His friend sounds pretty legit so Ima go ahead and believe it...besides he even posted his friend's gt, everyone should go ahead and verify...just in case.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

It's true! I know a guy in this thread who knows a guy who this happened to. His friend sounds pretty legit so Ima go ahead and believe it...besides he even posted his friend's gt, everyone should go ahead and verify...just in case.

Go ahead, verify it, telling you it's true. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:15 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 15 February 2014 - 06:12 AM.

blah blah blah Shark Card conspiracy blah blah blah 

Your comment might have some weight to it if the idea of a cheater buying Shark Cards wasn't totally retarded, along with thinking R* actually thinking they would if they didn't punish them. If you want to pull the whole greedy corporation card, your logic is flawed in that it's as simple as one cheater having the potential to drive a lot of other players away from the game (or in your eyes - potential Shark Card buyers). It makes infinitely more sense from a business standpoint to take action against a single player who very likely would never have purchased the virtual currency in the first place rather than risk them driving away droves of other players away from the game permanently out of frustration, but that's why they're making the decisions and not you.  

• Cincy32, x_BlackRose and ZeroSafe5615 like this

Cvxxi
  • Cvxxi

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

Lols. You sure sound convinced.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Such a lie, lol.  

Rockstar would completely ban them, not this nonsense.

• urban_RED_NECK, RAS_ZeroZ and J_L_K_64 like this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

If this is true (not doubting you), then I have a permanent boner to go with their cheatin-ass permanent level 1.  AHAHAHA!  Hope R* continues this.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Praise Rockstar!

STFU noob.

How is he a "noob"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users