Photo

Out of map sniping in Deathmatches.

28 replies to this topic
Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by Arcade Reacher, 15 February 2014 - 03:10 AM.

This is probably one of my favorite things to do at the moment. In a deathmatch you can go anywhere on the map and not be penalised, unlike Survival where there are boundaries.

Something I like doing is leaving the area completely, and then finding a nice vantage point far away and sniping the other team as they carry on fighting. What makes this work so well is that you aren't on the radar, and it gets even more intense when players catch on to what you are doing and try and track you down.

As a side note, I was once in a 1 vs 6 TDM, all by myself. Once I got the lead by 3 kills I just left the scene and let them try and find me. I think I drove all the way to Paleto Bay, and then started to screw around on the net (probably posting some moronic sh*t here). Then when I got bored, I would go back to the outskirts of the area where we were supposed to fight, and then use Lester to reveal them.

I have only tried this in the shootout area in Sandy Shore and the area where Processed takes place and it was a blast, im wondering if anyone else does this tactic?

• EyeMacHunt, KimberJane and AznDragon89 like this

tolkaNo
  • tolkaNo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

Your favourite thing to do is join a deathmatch and then run away from everyone?

• Vooodu, Enchilada, Isa and 1 other like this

OpTic DevilDog9
  • OpTic DevilDog9

Advanced User

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

You're saying you're favorite thing to do is be a pussy
  • Ninja_Gear, ugotsmoked, poklane and 2 others like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

You're saying you're favorite thing to do is play the game incorrectly.

As much as I agree, I am trying to make the forum nicer so I fixed your post.

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

Your favourite thing to do is join a deathmatch and then run away from everyone?

Geez way to put words in my mouth.

At this point in time, my favorite thing to do is snipe people from outside the map. The case where I said I drove all the way to Paleto Bay was a one off thing, it was more of a grief/troll thing.

LazyMourn
  • LazyMourn

Rooftop Camper

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:18 AM Edited by LazyMourn, 15 February 2014 - 03:20 AM.

You're saying you're favorite thing to do is be a pussy

Like the OP, I love sniping, please do tell me how searching for the best vantage point, and owning your head every time you decide to run around the map like a freaking headless chicken, spraying your gun thinking you're Mad Max, is being a pussy? 

Oh wait, yah, I'm not inside your auto-aim radius, my bad.

• Omnifarious, Tabula Rasa and JayWeazel like this

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

Just hit the road Jack and don't come back.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

you sound like a call of duty pussey

• Ninja_Gear and WWWWVWWVWWWVVWWW like this

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

Just hit the road Jack and don't come back.

This guy.

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 15 February 2014 - 03:29 AM.

i think honesty is always the best policy so keep at what your doing...

Oh wait.. i was lying..

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

You sound like someone who thinks being good at a shooter makes you a man.

As for people calling me a pussy, im inclined to disagree. On the match where I was outnumbered, I played normally until I had 15 kills, and their team only had 7. At that point I decided to troll them for trying to outnumber me, call it what you want you weren't there.

As for calling me a pussy for sniping... whatever you say man, to each his own I suppose. I enjoy regular DMs as well, but I also like to try out of the box tactics once in a while. If im going to get called a pussy for mixing up my game for a while, so be it. Haters gunna hate.

• AznDragon89 likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

As for people calling me a pussy, im inclined to disagree. On the match where I was outnumbered, I played normally until I had 15 kills, and their team only had 7. At that point I decided to troll them for trying to outnumber me, call it what you want you weren't there.

As for calling me a pussy for sniping... whatever you say man, to each his own I suppose. I enjoy regular DMs as well, but I also like to try out of the box tactics once in a while. If im going to get called a pussy for mixing up my game for a while, so be it. Haters gunna hate.

man its pussyholes like you who make this game sh*tty online.. i could imagine you... getting in some high place so niggas can't crack your skull... yeah snipe 1 or 2 times but its females like you on your period who just think that sniping someone 10+ times is cool...

go play a f*ckkin FPS 

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

man its pussyholes like you who make this game sh*tty online.. i could imagine you... getting in some high place so niggas can't crack your skull... yeah snipe 1 or 2 times but its females like you on your period who just think that sniping someone 10+ times is cool...

go play a f*ckkin FPS 

....wtf why so hostile? There is always a counter to something I do if you put effort into it. Resorting to personal insults only shows how incompetent you are.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:51 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 15 February 2014 - 03:51 AM.

....wtf why so hostile? There is always a counter to something I do if you put effort into it. Resorting to personal insults only shows how incompetent you are.

Welcome to the Internet, where responses like, "Gtfo the forums clown and grab a rope and hang yourself." are common.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

Please stop feeding this troll.  We all know that Jack Reacher (AKA Arcarde Reacher now) is just out to troll everyone. 

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

Please stop feeding this troll.  We all know that Jack Reacher (AKA Arcarde Reacher now) is just out to troll everyone. 

I don't blame you for hiding behind your troll shield, but I do post normal topics every now and then. Judge those on their own merits.

Or don't, whatever.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Never actually thought about doing this, but it sounds genius.

• AznDragon89 and Arcade Reacher like this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

My favourite part of this forum is where everyone is totally f*cking awesome at the game and never ever gets pwned, but always maximally pwns everyone else.

• Arcade Reacher likes this

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

Never actually thought about doing this, but it sounds genius.

Glad to see a fresh perspective on it.

My favourite part of this forum is where everyone is totally f*cking awesome at the game and never ever gets pwned, but always maximally pwns everyone else.

Fair call.

I didn't set out to make this seem like some brilliant cool tactic (the trolling at Paleto Bay could have been left out) but rather to explore whether other players ever try this out as well, if there are other sniper fanatics out there. I personally will most likely get bored of this tactic and will move on to something else, for now I just want to see if there are other out of the box thinkers.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

man im not trolling you.. just tired of pussy assholes like you.. who believe that you should just snipe for kills..  which i believe is weak... and wtf... you looking for a sorry or something?

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

This is probably one of my favorite things to do at the moment. In a deathmatch you can go anywhere on the map and not be penalised, unlike Survival where there are boundaries.

Something I like doing is leaving the area completely, and then finding a nice vantage point far away and sniping the other team as they carry on fighting. What makes this work so well is that you aren't on the radar, and it gets even more intense when players catch on to what you are doing and try and track you down.

As a side note, I was once in a 1 vs 6 TDM, all by myself. Once I got the lead by 3 kills I just left the scene and let them try and find me. I think I drove all the way to Paleto Bay, and then started to screw around on the net (probably posting some moronic sh*t here). Then when I got bored, I would go back to the outskirts of the area where we were supposed to fight, and then use Lester to reveal them.

I have only tried this in the shootout area in Sandy Shore and the area where Processed takes place and it was a blast, im wondering if anyone else does this tactic?

You have been able to do this since the beginning.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by vipprimo, 15 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Effectively the world is the map, although Survivals and LTS has a boundary limits and there's  reason for that.  So using the entirety of the map is an option.  In real life the idea of "out of bounds" doesn't exist either and creative thinking is rewarded with success.  Like the first person who threw a pass in football though, the reactions to losing are never positive.

The counter is fairly easy.  Once you shoot, your blips is visible.  Zoom out the mini-map and if the red circle isn't in it then you have a long range problem.  Just like your ability to stay stealthy, the person coming up to get you is just as stealthy and you'll give him your awesome vantage point should you fall.  Not to mention I find that many people don't do a very good job of defending the snipers in the playing field.  

I have seen this tactic used on many maps and have employed it myself a couple of times.  There is a variation on 1 on 1 style Death Matches where the other player will find the highest, least accessible point in the map and perform the same tactic.  

Like any combat strategy a solid tactic will defend against things like "high ground".  A team who sticks together and uses solid tactics won't need to employ the battlefield sniper too much and if you go against a team that isn't a bunch of raw players, who aren't open to teamwork or tactical thinking, you'll find this tactic will not perform as well as you've described and may work against you since no one will wonder into your cross hairs and therefore you won't get any kills.

I have to say, if you want to prove your skills at sniping then do it on the ground at close range.  A target getting sniped by the heavy 100 meters down range is a wake up call and being on the receiving end as well I can attest to it.  

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

This is what's called: Using the Sniper Rifle, good job op.  

• JayWeazel likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

When I do accidentally join Deathmatches, I like to go hide in a place with good cover wayyyy far away from the action and just camp, making other players think I'm AFC.

Then when I see their blip approach, I detonate the strategically places stickybomb trap and then dashboard.

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

You have been able to do this since the beginning.

what do you mean?

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've been meaning to try this since your last post, but the few DM's I've tried to join have been f*cking Prison Thugz Fight.
Been getting into sniping a lot more recently, generally speaking I like to be close enough to my kills to see the whites of their eyes, but sniping does have its own special charm. :)

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I've been meaning to try this since your last post, but the few DM's I've tried to join have been f*cking Prison Thugz Fight.
Been getting into sniping a lot more recently, generally speaking I like to be close enough to my kills to see the whites of their eyes, but sniping does have its own special charm. :)

As others in this topic have said, close range sniping can also be god damn satisfying if you can pull it off. You gotta be good with aiming with the camera before going into scope. I mostly prefer the whole tactical approach behind sniping though, depends on my mood I suppose.

And yeah this game can be horrible if you want to play DMs. So many times I have found myself going on GTAO, deciding all I want to do is a load of DMs, but getting really crappy maps or lobbies and then having players vote for something like Top Fun afterwards...

JayWeazel
  • JayWeazel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

I do this all the time and have no problem with others doing it.

I mean how else do people expect you to use the Sniper? Just run around the map no-scoping?

No thanks.

Arcade Reacher
  • Arcade Reacher

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

I do this all the time and have no problem with others doing it.

I mean how else do people expect you to use the Sniper? Just run around the map no-scoping?

No thanks.

Have you actually tried no scoping? I realized a few months ago you can actually aim and strafe with a sniper. So I did a fun little no scope battle with marco polo. We were pretty much right in front of each other and couldn't hit each other, the accuracy is so bad it's defies reason.

Having said that, maybe strafing and then going into scope could be a useful tactic. I fail to see how at this point in time, but just maybe...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users