Quantcast

» «
Photo

Customizing safe houses in the next GTA?

19 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

I think this would be pretty cool to do. Even more so to do it in Online as well. If we can customize our characters and cars, why not our safe houses too?

For instance, we would be able to go on the net and buy arcade machines, pool tables, air hockey tables, change the paint on the walls, and buy different TVs and so on.

If this was already possible in V, I would probably buy a pool table and some gym equipment for Franklin. For Micheal I don't know what I would buy... maybe redesign a part of his house into a bar(?). As for Trevor...well, maybe add another wing to his trailer and turn it into a meth lab  :lol: This could be another way to earn money for Trevor, and for Micheal to get drunk in his own home, and for Franklin to invite Lamar over to hang out.

Hopefully in the next GTA something like this could be implemented. What do you guys think?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I'd love to give the next GTA protagonist a slot car set and a slushie machine.

I'm all for the idea.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I dint spend any time in my apartment or the houses in SP so doesn't really suit me. As long as they don't cut other stuff in order to do that I could care less though.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

That would fit GTAO,yeah Saints Row had it first,but i am sure GTA/GTAO would expand it further afterall it a "GTA Clone".

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

This is one of those ideas that I'm not opposed to as it will give you more customisation and in turn make the game feel more unique and personalised to the player. However if it isnt in the next GTA or any GTA game for that matter it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I'd personally like to see other things in the next GTA game before this.

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Scarface: The World Is Yours had this. You could spend your cash on decorative trash - stuffed tigers to space suits and poker machines. Even complete renovations, changing the appearance of his mansion. For the sake of spending cash and increasing Tony's bragging rights buying Genghis Khan's armor it was a fun little feature. Drawback was, it took a crap all over the character of his home so closely associated with the movie.

I wouldn't like the ability to f*ck up a character's default home and totally erase the feeling associated with it - one of moving up in the world when Roman purchases the pad in Algonquin and coming crashing back to earth when spawning in the Bohan flat for example. Given the option to customize safehouses we purchase or earn ourselves I wouldn't mind at all. Pretty much blank canvases, aren't they?

And I very much like the idea of expanding a property so it earns you a nice income under the table. Good thinking.

• matajuegos01 likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

That would fit GTAO,yeah Saints Row had it first,but i am sure GTA/GTAO would expand it further afterall it a "GTA Clone".

im not going to lie saints row 2 had a lot of things i would like to see in gta mainly the customization options 

• Rainbow Party likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

stuffed tigers to space suits and poker machines. 

What's a cartel lord gonna need a space suit for? Expand his drug empire to the martians? Bragging rights?

"Hahahaha, I bought this astronaut suit with my drug money that you don't have!"

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 15 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

@bikerman3
Saints Row 1 and 2 were SA rip-off so i wouldnt be surprise if Rockstar borrows some elements from Saints Row 2 i.e.Character Customisation in GTAO could be revamped and have a greater Character Customisation like Saints Row 2.But that the only thing the Saints Row Games are good at,then the 3 and 4 destroyed the Franchise.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by bikerman3, 16 February 2014 - 02:00 AM.

@bikerman3
Saints Row 1 and 2 were SA rip-off so i wouldnt be surprise if Rockstar borrows some elements from Saints Row 2 i.e.Character Customisation in GTAO could be revamped and have a greater Character Customisation like Saints Row 2.But that the only thing the Saints Row Games are good at,then the 3 and 4 destroyed the Franchise.

well they should 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

@bikerman3

will they should 

Correction=Well They Should*

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

@bikerman3

will they should 

Correction=Well They Should

well thank you 

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

I'm a member of the "sure, why not?" crowd. As long as it doesn't detract from the rest of the game, I have nothing against it. I don't, however, want to be spending five hours deciding which shade of terracotta to paint the bathroom walls! Make it simple, make it fun, and most of all make it rewarding. I don't want to spend all of my money on doing up my safehouse only for the changes to be purely aesthetic in nature. Adding things like pool tables, pin ball machines, maybe even swimming pools and tennis courts (now we're talking big!) would make more sense, because you'd be adding extra activities to your safehouses.

I can see what Tyla is saying about it having the potential to ruin the feel of the character's home, but as long as it's in keeping with what they would buy. Sort of like how the in-game customisation in GTA V was limited so that you couldn't give Michael bright pink hair and a rainbow mustache, because that's just not what Michael would wear.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm all for this idea. For single player. Michael's house needed a dartboard and pool table.

I'd remove Franklin's ruddy ironing board as well. 

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

considering GTA is basically a life simulator nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if in the next GTA you are a family guy who goes to Wal Mart to buy a TV and a new wallpaper for your house

and picking up your kids from school and all that lmao no seriously though GTA is like that

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

considering GTA is basically a life simulator nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if in the next GTA you are a family guy who goes to Wal Mart to buy a TV and a new wallpaper for your house

and picking up your kids from school and all that lmao no seriously though GTA is like that

^ Lmao.

Anyway, I completely forgot that I made this thread, and found it in my history. There's some good replies here, and I mostly agree with everyone.

As for it being rewarding, of course. I mean, when I heard we would be able to customize the characters in GTA V, I thought it would be very similar to SA where you could go to the gym and gain muscle, or eat too much and get fat.

If this becomes a thing in the next GTA, then there would be a reason to customize safehouses (assuming you'd be able to buy more than one). Buying pools to go swimming and gain stamina or buying a tennis court to have an activity is a great idea. Or like I said, have certain items available to each character that fits their personalities. This is already sort of a thing in GTA V where only a certain character can buy a certain property. This would be a great way to earn money and have extra activities. 

I completely agree with not wanting to ruin the feel of a default safehouse. I think those should have limited customization (or maybe none) compared to the ones you can actually buy.

And why stop at safehouses anyway? Why not customize the businesses you own?

If you buy a cab depot, then I think it'd be cool to choose what cars your cabs should be, the color scheme, and hire certain number of drivers. Customization is always a good thing. I greatly enjoyed it in SA and Saints Row. However too much customization can be a bit overwhelming to people new to the game and can be turn offs. 

Also I don't really see how it would detract from the story or other gameplay elements. I feel that something like this would only add to the gameplay, not take away from it.

This is all just wishful thinking though. 

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Yeah,there should be more customization options, not just vehicles and character.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

To be honest, I just want actual houses to buy in single player. I don't even care if I get customization or not, although it would be a nice touch. I remember there was this foreign preview of GTA V that said we could customize our apartments. Boy that was a lie.

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

To be honest, I just want actual houses to buy in single player. I don't even care if I get customization or not, although it would be a nice touch. I remember there was this foreign preview of GTA V that said we could customize our apartments. Boy that was a lie.

Just like fingerless gloves.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 22 March 2014 - 03:03 PM.

The lack of fingerless gloves in IV really made me lose a lot of respect for the franchise (not being sarcastic here).
I think being able to customize your houses would be really cool and I don't see why it would be bad to have more features like this. Same way I don't understand why some dumb Need for Speed fans are so against tuning cars. If you don't like it don't do it, the game just offers you the chance to do it if you want. So yeah any features like these, as long as they aren't mandatory, should be welcome imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users